Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He does wildly overrate his players and bend the truth in post match interview sometimes but there are a million more detestable characters in football than Roberto Martinez.

I've met him once or twice and he's always been very polite and happy to have a quick conversation about football. 

Indeed I met him when Swansea played Horsham in the Cup and he was utter class, but as Steffan says we're all allowed to dislike certain people if we want.  I don't think he is that bad a manager but he's not coming here anyway I don't think.

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

@Jareth If that tweet with the image is accurate then we may soon find out just how little to trust the media. Moyes "ruled" himself out but I don't recall any quotes from him in any articles that stated that. So maybe just maybe it's still on. 

I had wondered why Moyes had not gone higher than 14/1 since the news that he had pulled out of the running came out. Possibly he has been told that he is some way off being Everton's first choice and he is clearly a long way off being their fans choice for the job. I don't think I will be plunging in on him though because I suspect the job is destined for RDM.   

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

He can't build a defence for shit. 

Again, I raise you our past few managers....

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

He had Everton's best squad in years and took them to the bottom half.

Who says? The same people who said that John stones and ross barkley are worth 50m?

Also, didn't he have them 6th or something the year before?

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He took Wigan down after spending more money than Bruce who kept them up.

And? Any season Wigan remained in the premier league was an over achievement. The year they went down, they won an FA cup.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also he turned us down twice. HE turned US down. Even before we were shit.

Well no. Seem to remember us battling relegation with Wigan before he was approached. And he was right to snub us. He won an fa cup with Wigan and got himself a better job.

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I believe this guy is on the wind up, but he is an established Villa fan (unless he has changed his profile to trick us) - the image doesn't show up on a google search anywhere else.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23avfc&src=typd&lang=en-gb

Obviously its a wind up, people need to forget Moyes not going to happen

My God Martinez! Just when you thought the bottom of the barrel was been scraped! I would sooner take a javelin to the eye! I would rather have Pearson!

Wonder what pPl would say about martinez if it wasn't for THIS season and he'd just finished a similar season to his previous ones at Everton.

Let's put it this way, is finishing bottom 10 with Everton any worse than finishing 7th with Manchester United? Spending 70m in the process too.

Yet, David moyes would be a stand out candidate to most fans it appears.

Roberto martinez has done some good things in football management. Absolutely no question about it. He has some weaknesses of course. But to label him 'garbage' (especially given the position were in), is just wrong imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Wonder what pPl would say about martinez if it wasn't for THIS season and he'd just finished a similar season to his previous ones at Everton.

Let's put it this way, is finishing bottom 10 with Everton any worse than finishing 7th with Manchester United? Spending 70m in the process too.

Roberto martinez has done some good things in football management. Absolutely no question about it. He has some weaknesses of course. But to label him 'garbage' (especially given the position were in), is just wrong imo.

Garbage is strong.

But he certainly isn't very good.

He has flattered to deceive for a while now.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Garbage is strong.

But he certainly isn't very good.

He has flattered to deceive for a while now.

He's had one bad season - and that season saw his side reach 2 cup semi-finals and finish 12th in the league.

I have no idea why people are anti-Martinez, none at all.

Martinez has a good championship record but his defensive record is diabolical. The thought of martinez organising a defence with lescott and Richards is frightening.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

last season when he finished 11th and lost 3 of last 4 and went on an 11 game winless streak which nearly put them in trouble

or his last season at Wigan when he got them relegated