Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, meme said:

He'll show the Villa squad what balls are like.

Well, you do rather need to be a sadomasochist to support Villa, so maybe he's the man for the job after all!

3 hours ago, calcifer said:

I am not alone in thinking Pearson not all that. I decided to ask people in the office what they thought of Pearson as a manager. Nearly everyone i spoke to at work yesterday said he is vastly overrated, a Forest fan and a Leeds fan said they would not like him been their manager!

so a Forest fan who has had Freedman, Stuart Pearce and McLeish in recent seasons wouldnt take him as manager :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, meme said:

He'll show the Villa squad what balls are like.

This is actually how Xia will determine the new manager - each candidate is to present their testicles on Xia's desk, whoever has the greatest mass in that area gets the job. 

Think martinez' odds have fallen quite significantly. He wasn't in the top 5 yesterday and is now 3rd fave with lowest odds being around 8/1?

Has anything happened to reduce this in the last couple of days? Havent seen anything in the media. Would suggest that the money for him is based on either blind faith or solid behind scenes info.

I don't think it'd be an ideal time for martinez but a bit like RDM, I'd welcome him and believe it'd be a bit of a coup. I can't get my head around what's happened at Everton this season - saying that they nearly had a cup final - but I do believe they are a club who suffer from their players being vastly overated. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Martinez would kill my love for the club. I'd take a break until he was gone.

Why so? He's much better than our previous managers who haven't caused you to take a break?

• Like 1

Notice Pearson is strong favourate for the Derby job 8/11.  Given Derby's second best option appears to be Sherwood 4/1 they will probably pull out all the stops to try and get him. Being in the East Midlands as well - he could well be tempted.  IF we want him we should get this done quick, unless of course it is already done and we have chosen RDM.  To be honest, I am at the point where I don't care who it is, I just want them to appoint 'someone' so they can start doing the job.  Just over 10 weeks to the season starts!!   

Edited by Gary Thomas

@Jareth If that tweet with the image is accurate then we may soon find out just how little to trust the media. Moyes "ruled" himself out but I don't recall any quotes from him in any articles that stated that. So maybe just maybe it's still on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Martinez would kill my love for the club. I'd take a break until he was gone.

Bit OTT surely. The man wants to play good football.

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Notice Pearson is strong favourate for the Derby job 8/11.  Given Derby's second best option appears to be Sherwood 4/1 they will probably pull out all the stops to try and get him. Being in the East Midlands as well - he could well be tempted.  IF we want him we should get this done quick, unless of course it is already done and we have chosen RDM.  To be honest, I am getting past to the point where I don't care who it is, I just want them to appoint 'someone' so they can start doing the job.  Just over 10 weeks to the season starts!!   

Yeah I think Forest and Derby are waiting to see who we appoint and then either/both will approach Pearson if we go for RDM or someone else.

I still think it will be Di Matteo.

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

@Jareth If that tweet with the image is accurate then we may soon find out just how little to trust the media. Moyes "ruled" himself out but I don't recall any quotes from him in any articles that stated that. So maybe just maybe it's still on. 

Maybe money talks... It did for snake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I detest him. Maybe it's irrational but we're irrational beings aren't we?

Absolute conman.

He does wildly overrate his players and bend the truth in post match interview sometimes but there are a million more detestable characters in football than Roberto Martinez.

I've met him once or twice and he's always been very polite and happy to have a quick conversation about football. 

• Like 3

He can't build a defence for shit. He had Everton's best squad in years and took them to the bottom half. He took Wigan down after spending more money than Bruce who kept them up.

He's a fraud who gets jobs because he's 'nice'.

Also he turned us down twice. HE turned US down. Even before we were shit.