Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He's had one bad season - and that season saw his side reach 2 cup semi-finals and finish 12th in the league.

I have no idea why people are anti-Martinez, none at all.

He's had more than one bad season.

I don't think he did well at Wigan at all. He was outperformed by Jewell and bruce before him.

Credit for the cup win, but we've seen recently with Sherwood and Pardew nearly winning that trophy. that it doesn't necessarily prove you're a special manager.

He has his positives. But I'd rank him behind RDM and Moyes, certainly.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Martinez has a good championship record but his defensive record is diabolical. The thought of martinez organising a defence with lescott and Richards is frightening.

he had one season in Championship and finished 8th which is decent enough

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Can we attain somebody who is very good?

We can attain someone who is better than Martinez.

I'd take him over Pearson though.

He took a very good Everton squad with a 28m striker to 12th or whatever it was. He was bottom half last season IIRC. If he underperformed that badly with a good squad, imagine the shite he'll deliver with the garbage we have.

Also, his purchases has been generally horrific, with the odd hit here or there.

Boselli? Ramis? Whatever that bloke they signed for 15m in January is called?

I wouldn't trust him to do anything with us.

And anyway, I don't think he'd come to us. I hate him for turning us down twice. Like we were below him.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Credit for the cup win, but we've seen recently with Sherwood and Pardew nearly winning that trophy. that it doesn't necessarily prove you're a special manager.

First of all, he didn't nearly win it.... He won it against the best opposition going at the time and a much weaker team than villa and palace imo.

Secondly, nobody is saying he's a special manager. He's above where we're at though.

People just seem to be focusing on his last season which was my last point. The season before he finished 5th.

He's certainly no worse than David moyes who only excels when he's a self made underdog.

Just now, Woodytom said:

First of all, he didn't nearly win it.... He won it against the best opposition going at the time and a much weaker team than villa and palace imo.

Secondly, nobody is saying he's a special manager. He's above where we're at though.

People just seem to be focusing on his last season which was my last point. The season before he finished 5th.

He's certainly no worse than David moyes who only excels when he's a self made underdog.

11 Everton 38 12 11 15 48 50 −2 47

Bottom half 2 years in a row with that squad.

Extremely poor.

49 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Notice Pearson is strong favourate for the Derby job 8/11.  Given Derby's second best option appears to be Sherwood 4/1 they will probably pull out all the stops to try and get him. Being in the East Midlands as well - he could well be tempted.  IF we want him we should get this done quick, unless of course it is already done and we have chosen RDM.  To be honest, I am at the point where I don't care who it is, I just want them to appoint 'someone' so they can start doing the job.  Just over 10 weeks to the season starts!!   

I *think* whats happening now is:-

Hollis would appoint Pearson if Xia wanted him

But XIA wants RDM - Hollis doesn't want to appoint him - incase the takeover doesn't go through 

XIA is now trying to rush the fit and proper tests through - and when he officially is our owner he will appoint RDM.

I think Pearson will probably take a job with another Championship club shortly (shades of Allardyce going to Sunderland last season)

2 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Ok so who do you want that you think would come here that has more pedigree than RDM?

I'd be happy with RDM or Pearson but Moyes has more pedigree and he should have been gettable IMO. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I believe this guy is on the wind up, but he is an established Villa fan (unless he has changed his profile to trick us) - the image doesn't show up on a google search anywhere else.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23avfc&src=typd&lang=en-gb

Sorry if I missed someone saying this already but that image is old from when he was about to be announced as Man U manager. Just read the replies to that tweet.

Fact is, whatever manager we go for, whether it's Di Matteo, Pearson, Moyes, Martinez or whoever, they are likely to have one or two below average to poor seasons to their name, otherwise they wouldn't be available.  It's all down to preference really, any of them with the amount of money we will probably have to spend should be good enough to get us up.

Edited by sharkyvilla

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sorry if I missed someone saying this already but that image is old from when he was about to be announced as Man U manager. Just read the replies to that tweet.

Thought those comments were aimed at the car picture?

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I hate him for turning us down twice.

I was going to say I believe there to be some bitterness towards him due to that.

Also, we cry out for loyalty in football. Perhaps he was just being loyal to Wigan when he turned us down.

And it wasn't about us being beneath him it was about it being a side wards step when he was likely a much better offer sooner or later. Low and behold, he did.

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Have to say I don't mind when its a blues or baggies fan who attempts the wind-up, but when it is an established Villa fan doing it like this, well he should know better. This particular guy followed up with a link to his DJ set, I think he was trying to get some publicity - I believe he needs some professional guidance on this front.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

EXTREMELY poor.  lol.

Finishing in the bottom half 2 years in a row with that squad is extremely poor. 4 home wins all season is extremely poor.

Ask any Everton fan.

Edited by StefanAVFC