Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I take your point about Allardyce and Garde, but who is it we're missing out on by appointing RDM?

Other than Moyes there's no stand out candidate.

Agree - no stand out if we can't land Moyes.

But there are 3 managers who I believe try and take us down a road we have tried many times before - these are 3 to avoid 

Martinez

RDM

Mclaren 

Perhaps not Mclaren he is just crap. 

We need a person with some presence in the dressing room, who will rip the guts out of the club and start over  RDM is to passive, he often works with a DOF - he's happy enough just to train the players, and lead them out at 3pm every Saturday - we need someone far more enterprising.  

We all have our opinion about manager X , Y, Z , but there are certain types of managers - RDM is one of a type that I believe is wrong for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who is your choice now Moyes has pulled out?

I d go with the recommendation of messrs, Little, Bernstein, King,Hollis  - guys who worked at the club, seen first hand the problems we face and drew up a road map on the way forward. I believe they thought Pearson.

Sadly that review seems to have been totally ignored - and were getting a man in who to his credit has won the CL - but in totally different circumstances to what we find ourselves. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

But there are 3 managers who I believe try and take us down a road we have tried many times before - these are 3 to avoid 

Martinez

RDM

Mclaren 

We need a person with some presence in the dressing room, who will rip the guts out of the club and start over  RDM is to passive, he often works with a DOF - he's happy enough just to train the players, and lead them out at 3pm every Saturday - we need someone far more enterprising.  

We all have our opinion about manager X , Y, Z , but there are certain types of managers - RDM is one of a type that I believe is wrong for us.

So in other words, we need PASHUN?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

If we appoint RDM - to me its new owners = same old villa.

Even @Woodytom has had his positive moments regarding the takeover. Every post I've noticed of yours is a moan. 

I don't think I could enjoy football and certainly not Villa if had no hope. Some times it comes crashing down but the hope always returns.

I'm sure I've posted similar earlier but ALL managers fail at some point, some successful ones are only really successful at one club. Whoever it is, The new manager might have that right man, right time, right club moment. Opinions are fine but some things are just over the top.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Even @Woodytom has had his positive moments regarding the takeover. Every post I've noticed of yours is a moan. 

I don't think I could enjoy football and certainly not Villa if had no hope. Some times it comes crashing down but the hope always returns.

I'm sure I've posted similar earlier but ALL managers fail at some point, some successful ones are only really successful at one club. Whoever it is, The new manager might have that right man, right time, right club moment. Opinions are fine but some things are just over the top.

Well check my post a couple back. I said that Tony is going to be more hands so hopefully he will learn.

Ellis tried with Graham Turner , a little poodle of a manager. To his credit he learned it wouldn't work and employed some much stronger characters after that. So there is hope Tony will learn. 

15 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Be funny if Xia was it talks with somebody totally out of the blue that no one would have thought we would go for.

Definitely a strong possibility I think. Maybe a big name who has been out of the limelight for a while? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villanmac said:

Man that's the 6th day of the 7th month in the year of the monkey. 

Spanking the monkey must be bad luck then, I think were all in trouble. 

3 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Definitely a strong possibility I think. Maybe a big name who has been out of the limelight for a while? 

Yes - I've wondered that - a left field appointment - ????   

Stuart Pearce, Kevin Keegan, Big Ron, Giggsy , - Or an unknown overseas guy 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well check my post a couple back. I said that Tony is going to be more hands so hopefully he will learn.

Ellis tried with Graham Turner , a little poodle of a manager. To his credit he learned it wouldn't work and employed some much stronger characters after that. So there is hope Tony will learn. 

:thumb:

Should have read new replies before sending.

The last bit was more general than just aimed at you. I've seen somebody say they aren't getting a season ticket if it's RDM. Which of course is their decision but it just seems a strange one without knowing what it's going to be like. 

Not getting one because of Lerner makes sense, as would if there was a moral objection to a new manager/owner. I just find it strange that someone would write of any hope because of a certain manager.

34 minutes ago, hippo said:

Martinez

RDM

Mclaren 

Fair enough.

I think RDM would have a very good chance of getting us promoted. So I'm all for it.

• Like 1

You'd look at Newcastle though who are also a shambles and they've got Rafa in. Plus you'd also look at the new owner's apparent desire to pump cash in and get us back up first time of trying. 

I wouldn't stick my nose up at RDM or Pearson but we do need to be aiming at a reasonable height here. Bruce wouldn't do for me because he's ex-Blues and a bit of a dick. The fans would never take to him. 

Ok so who do you want that you think would come here that has more pedigree than RDM?

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes - I've wondered that - a left field appointment - ????   

Stuart Pearce, Kevin Keegan, Big Ron, Giggsy , - Or an unknown overseas guy 

You might be right, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Phil Scolari, Sven Goran Ericsson type appointment. 

3 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

You might be right, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Phil Scolari, Sven Goran Ericsson type appointment. 

Interestingly, they are both in China now. They were almost sacked by clubs a few weeks ago. Now their are safer now after a few wins.

How about Marcelo Lippi then? who also has had direct link with China and Chinese owners

Edited by Deisler123

7 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

:thumb:

Should have read new replies before sending.

The last bit was more general than just aimed at you. I've seen somebody say they aren't getting a season ticket if it's RDM. Which of course is their decision but it just seems a strange one without knowing what it's going to be like. 

Not getting one because of Lerner makes sense, as would if there was a moral objection to a new manager/owner. I just find it strange that someone would write of any hope because of a certain manager.

Yeah that probably was me. But perhaps not for reasons you think. A season ticket is a major wedge of cash for me (I'm not a rich bloke !) - I would need to be enthused by the new manager to shell out that amount of cash. Sorry but RDM is a path weve trodden before , Houller, Garde,. I honestly don't see it being much different - so wouldn't renewing my tickets - thats not a bribe or a threat - I just don't think Id be getting my £500 worth !!!

Naturally I will still follow the results, and hope RDM proves me wrong !!!

4 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Interestingly, they are both in China now. They were almost sacked by clubs a few weeks ago. Now their are safer now after a few wins.

How about Marcelo Lippi then? who also has had direct link with China and Chinese owners

How about someone who isn't practically fossilised.

• Like 1