Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

38 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Uh, what "sucker punch" is that

you said in your previous post you "don't like him" then in your last post you said "Rate him"

I suspect you really "don't like him"......look you've got me playing semantics now:)

Oh go on then....lets get Neil Warnock in and have some fun, with Barry Fry as DOF:D

The players can come out to the sound of the " Laughing Policemen"

that will lift the doom and gloom

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

you said in your previous post you "don't like him" then in your last post you said "Rate him"

I suspect you really "don't like him"......look you've got me playing semantics now:)

I both don't like or rate him. I think you knew that as well.

Just now, TRO said:

.....all along.

Yes, all along.

Presumably, the posts where I've explained why I don't rate him have also been conveniently ignored. Why can't you just accept that not everybody shares your view on him?

Just now, Mantis said:

Yes, all along.

Presumably, the posts where I've explained why I don't rate him have also been conveniently ignored. Why can't you just accept that not everybody shares your view on him?

• No, I haven't ignored your reason for not rating him....I just do not share your view......as I'm sure you have gathered by now....well I hope so.
  • I'm quite aware that others do not share my view on him....but it doesn't make them right anymore than I'm right.
  • I still think you fail to see how most posters have submitted their favoured choice in their posts and stuck to promoting that person.....very few of those candidates have received the adverse Nigel Pearson has....when in fact a discerning adversary could have dished the dirt on them.....but chose not to and stick to promoting their own.

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Because for many moons now.....we have got less and less attractive year on year.

True, but I think this is the most attractive we've been for a good few years now.

Complete fresh start and a real chance to make a hero of yourself. The more days that pass, the more Im looking forward to this new era and new season.

I knew I'd lost a bit of interest in villa and football but I hadn't realised just how much of a dour place the premier league had become for us. 

Got loads of friends who I'd lost touch with (in terms of rivalry) who support championship sides and I can't wait to be competitive.

Make the right decisions this summer (and we appear to be starting to do that) and I think we have a cracking chance of winning the league. I don't think wel be 9/1 to win it come August put it that way.

1 minute ago, TRO said:
  • No, I haven't ignored your reason for not rating him....I just do not share your view......as I'm sure you have gathered by now....well I hope so.
  • I'm quite aware that others do not share my view on him....but it doesn't make them right anymore than I'm right.
  • I still think you fail to see how most posters have submitted their favoured choice in their posts and stuck to promoting that person.....very few of those candidates have received the adverse Nigel Pearson has....when in fact a discerning adversary could have dished the dirt on them.....but chose not to and stick to promoting their own.

Fine, so please stop with the point scoring by trying to imply that actually I do rate but just don't like him.

Except some people haven't stuck to "promoting their own". There have been a few people now who haven't reacted kindly to other posters criticising Pearson or voicing their opposition to him. I'm just wondering what it is about him that inspires such a ferocious defence from some people? I have to say I don't think I've ever seen a non-Villa manager defended so vehemently on here before to the extent that criticism of him is met with outright hostility.

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Fine, so please stop with the point scoring by trying to imply that actually I do rate but just don't like him.

Except some people haven't stuck to "promoting their own". There have been a few people now who haven't reacted kindly to other posters criticising Pearson or voicing their opposition to him. I'm just wondering what it is about him that inspires such a ferocious defence from some people? I have to say I don't think I've ever seen a non-Villa manager defended so vehemently on here before to the extent that criticism of him is met with outright hostility.

Have you for one moment stopped to think that the intensity of the defence of him has only been surpassed by the initial vitriol he received from his detractors. what comes first Mantis?

Do you expect to ridicule someones nomination and have them not defend it?

people who live in glass houses should remind themselves not to throw stones.

No managerial candidate on here has had adverse except Nigel Pearson and its all personal or personal interpretation of his behaviour.

.....What do you expect fans to say who have championed his nomination?

Have fans attacked Moyes for his last 2 appointments and his 3rd snub of Villa? ....No

Have fans attacked RDM for his Albion connection which some may not like? .No

Stick to Promoting your next favoured Nomination and leave others to theirs or expect a reaction.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Have you for one moment stopped to think that the intensity of the defence of him has only been surpassed by the initial vitriol he received from his detractors. what comes first Mantis?

Do you expect to ridicule someones nomination and have them not defend it. 

people who live in glass houses should remind themselves not to throw stones.

No managerial candidate on here has had adverse except Nigel Pearson and its all personal or personal interpretation of his behaviour.

.....What do you expect fans to say who have championed his nomination.

Have fans attacked Moyes for his last 2 appointments and his 3rd snub of Villa ....No

Have fans attacked RDM for his Albion connection which some may not like .No

Stick to Promoting your next favoured Nomination and leave others to theirs or expect a reaction.

I don't expect people not to "defend" him but I do find the reaction from some to criticism of him a bit weird. Fair enough if he has/had a Villa connection but he doesn't - that's what makes it so perplexing.

It's not all about his personal behaviour and if you actually read people's posts you'd see that. Many (myself included) have questioned his ability given Leicester's dreadful run of form for most of last season. There's also the fact that he won't have his backroom team with him and that for me is one of the biggest reasons why I don't want him here. He's not the worst person we could possibly appoint - I've said this before as well but that too seems to have been conveniently ignored but many feel that there are better options out there even with Moyes out of the picture.

I wouldn't say Moyes and RDM have received the same level of attacks but they have been attacked yes, not that there's anything wrong with that. You're going to have to accept though that some managers are more disliked/not rated than others - suck it up.

I'll stick to giving my thoughts on the managers talked about in this thread, including airing my criticisms of Pearson. You may rate him but that doesn't mean people can't question that.

Edited by Mantis

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I don't expect people not to "defend" him but I do find the reaction from some to criticism of him a bit weird. Fair enough if he has/had a Villa connection but he doesn't - that's what makes it so perplexing.

It's not all about his personal behaviour and if you actually read people's posts you'd see that. Many (myself included) have questioned his ability given Leicester's dreadful run of form for most of last season. There's also the fact that he won't have his backroom team with him and that for me is one of the biggest reasons why I don't want him here.

I wouldn't say Moyes and RDM have received the same level of attacks but they have been attacked yes, not that there's anything wrong with that. You're going to have to accept though that some managers are more disliked/not rated than others - suck it up.

I'll stick to giving my thoughts on the managers talked about in this thread, including airing my criticisms of Pearson. You may rate him but that doesn't mean people can't question that.

vice versa

And you have to accept that some managers you don't like/rate others do.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

vice versa

And you have to accept that some managers you don't like/rate others do.

I do - that's the thing. I've never had an issue with people criticising Moyes for an example nor have I ever had an issue with people rating Pearson. What I do have an issue with is the hosility from some when people like me express their disaffection towards Pearson.

57 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Have we ever had just a normal management appointment where the jobs become available and bang we just get the man everybody wants.....?

MON? Cant say I was on here bk then? Paul lambert, maybe?

Always seems to be a truly dour affair in which a horribly bleak list of names is drawn up by the bookies and over a period of frustrating weeks, the list gets bleaker.

The reason for that is pretty clear

latest?cb=20090824225050

As for the latest vacancy,  the fit and proper persons test seems to be the only hold up to RDM being announced.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I do - that's the thing. I've never had an issue with people criticising Moyes for an example nor have I ever had an issue with people rating Pearson. What I do have an issue with is the hosility from some when people like me express their disaffection towards Pearson.

You say "Tomartoes" I say "TomAtoes"

Hostility....I call it a challenge, I was challenging your/the attack/s on him and defending my choice.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

You say Tomatoes I say Tomatoes

Hostility....I call it a challenge, I was challenging your attack on him and defending my choice.

You were "challenging" it by point scoring and it wasn't just you I was referring to either. When I made my comment about being glad Pearson snubbed us I got snide sarcasm from somebody else which was ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

You were "challenging" it by point scoring and it wasn't just you I was referring to either. When I made my comment about being glad Pearson snubbed us I got snide sarcasm from somebody else which was ridiculous.

Look lets go to bed....not with each other;)

but I think we have made our points.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

my comment about being glad Pearson snubbed us 

+1

Best news we've had all week.

And if it leads to RDM being appointed then all the better. Not my first choice, but a better manager and a better person than Nigel Pearson so we'll have done the right thing, even if it's by luck and not judgement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

True, but I think this is the most attractive we've been for a good few years now.

Complete fresh start and a real chance to make a hero of yourself. The more days that pass, the more Im looking forward to this new era and new season.

I knew I'd lost a bit of interest in villa and football but I hadn't realised just how much of a dour place the premier league had become for us. 

Got loads of friends who I'd lost touch with (in terms of rivalry) who support championship sides and I can't wait to be competitive.

Make the right decisions this summer (and we appear to be starting to do that) and I think we have a cracking chance of winning the league. I don't think wel be 9/1 to win it come August put it that way.

I don't understand...so much optimism. From Woodytom. Villatalk is broken.