Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Finishing in the bottom half 2 years in a row with that squad is extremely poor. 4 home wins all season is extremely poor.

It's not extremely poor. Extremely poor is our season. Extremely points that it can't get any worse - when it obviously could.

What makes any Everton fan the voice of reason?

Also, ask Everton fans about moyes. They wont agree with the loving he gets on here.

Bottom line is that we don't need Everton fans to tell us that finishing 11th is NOT extremely poor. There is obviously some bitterness there. You hate him. Your opinion is completely disproportionate as a result imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

extremely poor is generous, he has been absolute woeful especially with the squad Everton have. Some of the best young talents in Europe in the squad

BEST YOUNG TALENTS IN EUROPE.

You guys are hilarious :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

It's not extremely poor. Extremely poor is our season. Extremely points that it can't get any worse - when it obviously could.

What makes any Everton fan the voice of reason?

Also, ask Everton fans about moyes. They wont agree with the loving he gets on here.

Bottom line is that we don't need Everton fans to tell us that finishing 11th is NOT extremely poor. There is obviously some bitterness there. You hate him. Your opinion is completely disproportionate as a result imo.

It's relative though isn't it? Just because we were shit doesn't mean anyone who finished above us better, Example: Chelsea had an extremely poor season but still finished above us. You seem to be using semantics as your argument.

Facts are:

He took Everton to 2 bottom half finishes. He spent a load of money on shite (ok not a fact but across his reign at Wigan and Everton, he has splurged money on crap). They won 4 (IIRC) games at home all year.

RELATIVELY, for the money he's spent and the squad he had, he was extremely poor for them.

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

BEST YOUNG TALENTS IN EUROPE.

You guys are hilarious :D

Lukaku, Deulefeu and even Barkley and Stones are quite sought after

I also said some of 

If we're saying every manager should be judged on his last job then it's hard to explain Ranieri's success. I know Leicester is an extreme example, but some managers just suit some clubs.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Finishing in the bottom half 2 years in a row with that squad is extremely poor. 4 home wins all season is extremely poor.

Ask any Everton fan.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think it would be correct for Everton fans to expect better than 11th or 12th position in the league, and Martinez being sacked is the right call as they haven't progressed.  Their stock is basically 7th to 12th, though.  That's where Everton should be finishing each season.

When Martinez took them to 5th, he racked up their highest points total in their history.  That's how much of an overachievement that season was for them.  They're behind Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool.  Southampton and West Ham are certainly at a similar level.  Not extremely poor - just poor.  Disappointing, probably.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lukaku, Deulefeu and even Barkley and Stones are quite sought after

I also said some of 

How big is your list? :D

Best young talents in Europe :D  Behave!

Although I felt he might have some potential, I used to be sceptical of Martinez at Wigan - didn't want him here in 2011. Then he went to Everton and had that great season and for some reason I was won over by him and believed he was the real-deal. Very premmature as subsequently proved.

Last season was poor but this was the defining one for him. I expected them to finish somewhere near the European places, instead they finished bottom-half again with him visibly losing the players in the final games. It was proven beyond doubt that he simply will never be a good defensive organiser. Clear now that the impressive defensive record during his first season was only due to the base left behind by Moyes. 

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Don't even.. Shocking to read he won six in ten though, that said just no.. Not again. 

What the article doesn't say though, was the fact they won the previous 847 games before he took over. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If we're saying every manager should be judged on his last job then it's hard to explain Ranieri's success. I know Leicester is an extreme example, but some managers just suit some clubs.

Good point. Lost his last game to the faroe islands

An Everton fan I work with described Everton's season as "The most embarrassing he has ever witnessed" and even described it as being worse than Villas.

Football fan hyperbole to some extent but to Everton fans it seems that they found the season to be extremely poor as well.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

and Martinez certainly wont suit Villa

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

An Everton fan I work with described Everton's season as "The most embarrassing he has ever witnessed" and even described it as being worse than Villas.

Football fan hyperbole to some extent but to Everton fans it seems that they found the season to be extremely poor as well.

Same with someone I work with. Although he doesn't moan as much to me because he knows how bad we've been and realises it can be worse.

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Football fan hyperbole to some extent 

That last sentence is quite an understatement.

Worst than villa's......ok.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

and Martinez certainly wont suit Villa

Suited Swansea and set them up for a lot of success. Push came to shove I'd take RDM, but mostly because he's fresh, Martinez will be jaded after Everton and this poor season.

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Suited Swansea and set them up for a lot of success. Push came to shove I'd take RDM, but mostly because he's fresh, Martinez will be jaded after Everton and this poor season.

yes Id love to see the passing from the back 4 with Richards, Lescott, Hutton and Cissokho

Just now, Woodytom said:

That last sentence is quite an understatement.

Worst than villa's......ok.

This is your opinion and that is his.

Point is Everton fans found the season and Martinez's performance to be very disappointing.

• Like 1