Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Leicester have as much chance next season of getting relegated as they do successfully defending the title. They are very much an outlier and until proven sustainable no club should base themselves on them. I am not saying what they achieved isn't impressive but it's also a one off until proven otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, jon_c said:

This. Also Hollis is the guy who has exactly no experience in football to be selecting the new manager.

Well, seeing as Dr Tony Xia has no experience in football, to get a new manager we'd first have to get the right chairman in, which means we'll be waiting even longer as a new chairman will only be appointed once the takeover is complete (which will only happen if Xia passes the test).

So, we either wait a month (or longer, depending on how long the Football League test takes) to get a manager or we let Hollis get one in.

38 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is likely that we have been in negotiation with Dr Xia since at least around the time Garde was sacked. You can guarantee that any new owner already in negotiation is going to want to make the decision on the new manager or at least have a big say. Likewise the current owner is going to want to make the decision unless you are at the stage where you are certain the club is going to be sold. We are almost certainly at that stage now but from what Hollis said last week they still have their preferred choice of manager and it seems he at that time didn’t tie in with who Xia wanted. If he did I think he may have already been in place.

I think Pearson is Hollis’s choice. Xia it seems at the very least was considering Moyes and RDM. Now Moyes is out of the picture that possibly leaves RDM and almost certainly Pearson. I don’t think from what Hollis said last week that they are prepared to employ a manager that is not his/Lerners preferred choice so I think unless it is to be Pearson we could yet be waiting until the football league has rubber stamped the takeover which is at least another 10 days away.

Agreed.

I do think we should have executed a business as usual plan though. This situation wasn't difficult to envisage, and now it has come to pass, it is now hampering our progress for next season. We may have been negotiating weeks ago, but someone in negotiations shouldn't be influencing decisions until they officially own us. (or if they were they should have had a candidate primed and ready to go) 

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Because we are still technically owned by Randy Lerner and Hollis is chairman acting on behalf of Randy Lerner

Well if that's the case we could be waiting for a while before a manager is appointed.  Unless Dr T also likes Pearson.  Any idea how long it will take to get this test sorted?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not necessarily, I just think it's ridiculous to rule them out, based on what they have shown!

Where do you think Leicester City will finish next season?

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

If the noises made by Xia are true, then there is no way Moyes should be out of our grasp. That is what worries me.

The noises made by XIA may be true. I personally don't think there is a cat in hells chance of us spending £50m next summer. He seems to be promising everything - but at this point in time how many are believing him ?

29 minutes ago, Richard said:

Regardless of whether Xia turns out to be bone fide our a complete charlatan there could be any number of reasons why Moyes turned us down

1. There is a better offer coming his way - maybe a premiership club

2. AFter having his reputation tarnished maybe he does not see the challenge as something he could take right now restoring a former big club to its rightful place with a total club rebuild after the last idiot we had owning us is a huge risk maybe he didnt fancy that

3. He wanted a few days to make his mind up and the club wanted to know this week. Could be he was waiting for someone else

4. He doesnt want to manage a championship club right now as he thinks he is better than that

there are loads of reasons which do not point to Xia being a useless charlatan b ut I guess people will believe what they want to suit an argument.  me I'll wait for evidence to show Xia is no good for us before lighting the pitchfork,  just as I did with lerner before others jumped on board

All of those things may be the case too. The fact is, we don't know and the last thing that I personally want is any more uncertainty at this time and I don't see anything wrong with being sceptical here at this point. 

Please let us know when you've officially made some more decisions, so we can form an orderly queue to jump on the 'Maverick Trailblazer Richard' bandwagon, though. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

The noises made by XIA may be true. I personally don't think there is a cat in hells chance of us spending £50m next summer. He seems to be promising everything - but at this point in time how many are believing him ?

There is no reason not to believe him so I think he will back the manager as he said - could be 30m, 40m, 50m - guess it depends what the new manager thinks is needed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

There is no reason not to believe him so I think he will back the manager as he said - could be 30m, 40m, 50m - guess it depends what the new manager thinks is needed.

I don't really see a reason to believe him either, at this juncture. We're just going to have to wait and see, while hoping for the best. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To be honest on reflection.. i think this makes it 2nd or 3rd time moyes has turned us down. I say screw him. I dont want no manager that feels he is too good for us three times.  Barring Everton he has failed everywhere else afterwards.

He isnt guardiola. Would rather have someone like pearson who would genuinely want to manage us and doesn't feel he is above the club.

Does anyone else think that we might now interview Martinez to give him the opportunity to turn us down once again as well?  :(

Edited by John

17 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yes - I do realise that.

They replaced Fellaini and Anichebe with Barry and Lukaku (initially on loan).  That's what money gets you dawg.

So its testament then that Moyes couldn't spot a decent striker throughout 10 years of managing Everton. Yes defence was solid as was the midfield, but Lakaku being the best Everton striker since Duncan Ferguson says something about Moyes' ability to spot a striker.

Again at Man U he failed to replace RVP and decided to play Fellaini up front

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Where do you think Leicester City will finish next season?

Depends if they go out of Europe early. If not with all those extra games, they'll struggle to make the top ten. The year Liverpool weren't in Europe even they managed second.

Does anyone else think that we might now interview Martinez to give him the opportunity to turn us down once again as well?  [emoji20]

Honestly no.

The way it's all sounding from the media is Xia wants RDM, Hollis has tried to convince him of Pearson and Wyness probably put Moyes in the frame.

All speculation but I'm convinced it'll be RDM now.

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

Honestly no.

The way it's all sounding from the media is Xia wants RDM, Hollis has tried to convince him of Pearson and Wyness probably put Moyes in the frame.

All speculation but I'm convinced it'll be RDM now.

Incredible really - but thats as I see it - RDM middle of next month.

Our demise into obscurity is complete. Well decorated manager - but never undertaken the kind of rebuild thats required here. I give him 1 season Max. 

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

6 - 9th.

In which case, why the ridiculing over me saying they won't finish top 4? :D

I'm fully aware of their fantastic, one-off achievement.