Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

He seems to have the drive and energy that this job requires and I think we are in danger of losing him, if we haven't already.

I have never known such indecisiveness to appoint a manager....I fear its an opportunity lost.

For all we know the deal could be done behind the scenes - lets wait and see.  Hope it's this week for the sake of this thread!!

• Like 2

Nigel is that man

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Didn't Percy say that Moyes was NOT offered the job. He ruled himself out of the running. RDM was interviewed, Pearson and Moyes. Why are there reports Pearson will pull out as he's not first choice? You go for a job interview, several people are interviewed, the boss takes some time to make a decision on the best candidate and in the meantime 1 of the candidates pulls out. Still a 2 horse race imo

11 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

I wouldn't call it indecisiveness. Someone has actually been offered the job and turned us down-Maybe that person ought to have been a bit more forthcoming at his interview? If he'd have mentioned that he didn't want to rush into anything, then I doubt he'd have been offered the job.

I personally have Pearson down as my choice to take over, way ahead of RDM who represents more of a risk.

I would hope that the board/prospective board have already spoken with Pearson again (if that's who they now want) but wasn't it always the case that the new manager wouldn't be announced immediately?

If it is Pearson, then it could be done quicker as he would be number 1 choice of both regimes.

Perhaps my frustration is getting the better of me.....I just feel sure he is the right man for  the right moment.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

For me its so obvious its untrue.

I have a real worry of the decision making at this club.... It could be too many cooks.

Every where you look there is advisers but they can't make a decision.....just about everyone in football( pundits) who have commented on our plight has mentioned Nigel Pearson that fits the bill.....are they all wrong or ill informed or have poor judgement?

We don't need champagne players and champagne football , ( that can come much later).....We need a resilient outfit of characters who can galvanise the talented lads like Grealish and others and fight our way out of this mess.....We need someone who can recreate a Ron Saunders type scenario.....Nigel is that man.

Are they all dumb?

This is getting a farce and I fear for this football club.

Sorry TRO, but I don't know why you keep saying we have to go back to what worked in the 80s?  And yes I do generally think most people in the media don't know what they are talking about most of the time, especially about the Villa.  

I was once told by Brian Little that clubs sound out players in order to not be seen to be rejected as it can be damaging.

In the same parallel managers could do the same.

7 minutes ago, mwj said:

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

It's a BIG YES from me please

I can't stand this any longer! every 5 mins I'm checking the Internet for news on a new manager, it's becoming an addiction, an obsession! I'm seriously considering a total ban on Villa related Internet news, for a whole week. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I can't stand this any longer! every 5 mins I'm checking the Internet for news on a new manager, it's becoming an addiction, an obsession! I'm seriously considering a total ban on Villa related Internet news, for a whole week. 

Prepare yourself for the anti climax pal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jon_c said:

I do understand the time constraints to get it done. But I'd rather have the right guy in a month late, than the wrong manager rushed in.

Managers aren't that important. Mostly they're pretty interchangeable. It's more important to get cracking on the rebuild at this point.

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Actually Tro, there's only one, probably...

And he's keeping well out of it so far!

Xia5.jpg

Like to know who 10,  11 and 20something is

58 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Not manager related but do people think that is Gary Cook (Man City) on the left?

Edit: Not literally of course.....

Hope so, he did well at Man City when the Arabs took over. Would also suggest that there's money imo. 

59 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Chill your beans... Tony said it would be a couple of weeks.