Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

20 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Thing with RDM, yes he won the champions league, but he was caretaker manager in doing so. He took over a very capable set of players and led them to glory. he was given a 2 year deal on the back of that to become permanent manager but only lasted a few months into the new season.

We need the exact opposite now, we need someone who has proven they can build a team capable of promotion into the premier league, for me out of the candidates the most recent person to do that is Nigel Pearson. He absolutely walked the division gaining promotion with 6 games to spare, and it was only 2 years ago.

Get Nigel Pearson in, let him get us promoted, give him a chance to see what he can do once he has us promoted and replace if need be. But right now, there is no better person to get us back in the premier league.

To simple mate.

This is Aston Villa. RDM it will be  (for a few months anyway !) 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sharon Stone isn't all that, and Barry is rich, he can get better.

barry-austin-431163559.jpg

Well maye he should buy himself a new carpet. Not sure our Sharon would be down with getting naughty on that piss stained sofa either :P

14 minutes ago, 007√ said:

So who is on the shortlist as of now?

RDM and Pearson. But any other outside bets? What about Nigel Adkins?

I heard Adkins was probably going to Vale.

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

barry-austin-431163559.jpg

Well maye he should buy himself a new carpet. Not sure our Sharon would be down with getting naughty on that piss stained sofa either :P

I thought we were on about Gareth Barry. lol

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I thought we were on about Gareth Barry. lol

I guessed we were talking about different blokes. Whilst trying to think of ugly people to use in the sentence i naturally thought of Birmingham City :P

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It would really be a kick in the teeth if RDM joins Lazio and Pearson says I don't want to be third choice manager. 

They are very close to appointing Prandelli so RDM is still available.

14 minutes ago, villakram said:

Ryan Giggs looks like he's in need of his first managerial gig. We have a new chairman who appears to be all into making a splash. We are Aston Villa. :unsure:

I said this a few pages ago, I want the rumour to start as I had a couple of quid on him at 50/1. Doubt he would do any good but it would increase our profile in China which is what it's all about isn't it? :) 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Wouldn't mind us taking a punt on a european manager. Murat Yakin is available! No championship experience but neither did Aitor Karanka.

Not gonna happen, it's my dream appointment so there's no chance.

57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It would really be a kick in the teeth if RDM joins Lazio and Pearson says I don't want to be third choice manager. 

Probably. but then it has me thinking in that scenario, maybe Flores would be good?

9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

This would be the Nigel Pearson that spotted Marc Albtightom was good enough when virtually everyone at Villa seemingly missed it. I don't understand the need to have a nice person as a manager, clough & Ferguson weren't lovely blokes. For me it's about can they do the job and I have more faith in Pearson than RDM to do it.

He seems to have the drive and energy that this job requires and I think we are in danger of losing him, if we haven't already.

I have never known such indecisiveness to appoint a manager....I fear its an opportunity lost.

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Thing with RDM, yes he won the champions league, but he was caretaker manager in doing so. He took over a very capable set of players and led them to glory. he was given a 2 year deal on the back of that to become permanent manager but only lasted a few months into the new season.

We need the exact opposite now, we need someone who has proven they can build a team capable of promotion into the premier league, for me out of the candidates the most recent person to do that is Nigel Pearson. He absolutely walked the division gaining promotion with 6 games to spare, and it was only 2 years ago.

Get Nigel Pearson in, let him get us promoted, give him a chance to see what he can do once he has us promoted and replace if need be. But right now, there is no better person to get us back in the premier league.

For me its so obvious its untrue.

I have a real worry of the decision making at this club.... It could be too many cooks.

Every where you look there is advisers but they can't make a decision.....just about everyone in football( pundits) who have commented on our plight has mentioned Nigel Pearson that fits the bill.....are they all wrong or ill informed or have poor judgement?

We don't need champagne players and champagne football , ( that can come much later).....We need a resilient outfit of characters who can galvanise the talented lads like Grealish and others and fight our way out of this mess.....We need someone who can recreate a Ron Saunders type scenario.....Nigel is that man.

Are they all dumb?

This is getting a farce and I fear for this football club.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

He seems to have the drive and energy that this job requires and I think we are in danger of losing him, if we haven't already.

I have never known such indecisiveness to appoint a manager....I fear its an opportunity lost.

I wouldn't call it indecisiveness. Someone has actually been offered the job and turned us down-Maybe that person ought to have been a bit more forthcoming at his interview? If he'd have mentioned that he didn't want to rush into anything, then I doubt he'd have been offered the job.

I personally have Pearson down as my choice to take over, way ahead of RDM who represents more of a risk.

I would hope that the board/prospective board have already spoken with Pearson again (if that's who they now want) but wasn't it always the case that the new manager wouldn't be announced immediately?

If it is Pearson, then it could be done quicker as he would be number 1 choice of both regimes.