Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

He knows the region and is a very qualified man. However, unfortunately Chinese businesses operate in a completely different way to those within Europe and the West. It is not nearly beyond the realms of possibility that if they wanted to hide something, or make it as though something is there which isn't they could do exactly that. 

I was only talking to somebody this evening who has been dealing with KPMG themselves in the last few years, and they have been wrong several times. Millions of £ wrong. 

All professional services firms will get things wrong occasionally, but they also get a lot of things right. I've worked in the industry for many years; it's heavily regulated and mistakes can cause huge reputational damage. Given his credentials I remain optimistic that Steve Hollie has done the right due diligence here. I too can't imagine how a prospective manager have found out anything that Hollis would not already have been aware of.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

According to Mail tonight he is meeting Dr tomorrow for 2nd round of talks

Seems the Doc sends his representatives to meet managers last week  so if he's meeting them formally now then I'd say the job is as good as Pearson's. 

18 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

According to Mail tonight he is meeting Dr tomorrow for 2nd round of talks

It seems he may be our second choice and we may be his. This selection process is in danger of running out of candidates and leaving us looking a bit incompetent. RDM seems the safe candidate but is he the best? 

Surely we are doing the correct thing. Hollis by the sounds of things met Pearson and liked him so made him his choice. This shows Pearson was interested when we looked skint. Now we have a new owner and hopefully money to spend it opened the door to Moyes as he wanted funds. Nothing has been offered to anyone yet but surely it's better to speak to all parties first and then pick one. We are the biggest club Pearson will ever manage and I believe we are the biggest Moyes will be offered this summer. I've not mentioned RDM as I think he only get mentioned because he was manager when Chelsea win the CL and even though it wasn't them team he built who did it its on the CV so he'll always be linked with good jobs. 

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Tweet from a Leicester fan regarding Pearson

@bobchuwah he's a club builder. He's the reason we are where we are today

View conversation
0 retweets1 like

Retweet

Liked

More

So we getting him in to design the theme park or redesign the North Stand? 

Just now, GeneralJazzman said:

So we getting him in to design the theme park or redesign the North Stand? 

I think when he says "he's the reason we are where we are today" he means that literally, in terms of the physical location of the club that he seemingly built.

;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Interesting piece in Echo this morning about Moyes and how he under achieved at Everton.  Cant help but feel they are playing to the Everton fans here.

Everton bring back David Moyes? Thanks but no thanks

I carry no particular brief for David Moyes but that article really is absolute bullshite.

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think when he says "he's the reason we are where we are today" he means that literally, in terms of the physical location of the club that he seemingly built.

;)

Would think so,can't think of any other meaning. Though bit concerned as the BBC did a test outside the King Power and found when the crowd celebrated the ground shook. Maybe the foundations laid out by Pearson (and son) weren't strong enough.... :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Really interesting read that, seems there is much more evidence in favour of Pearson than immediately springs to mind. Certainly more than I knew about off hand. 

Coaches or not, he ultimately takes the credit for his achievements. He deserves a shot at a "big" club no doubt. 

I still think he's a massive, massive prick mind you. 

I like that he is a prick. I think to his players he wouldn't be like that though. He shows fight and passion. We haven't had that in a while. Tim showed it when things were okay but he hid when shit hit the fan. Pearson wasn't like that. I know hes not the name like Moyes.. but I think he is a far better option than Moyes. Moyes is overrated. Di Matteo would be okay.. but I really want Pearson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Not singling you out at all here TRO, but a few people have wondered this. However, I don't see what Moyes would have discovered when meeting with Dr. T that Hollis would not have found in weeks of investigations?

I've said it many times but, whilst I don't necessarily trust Hollis to run a football club, I do trust him to do his homework in the sale process. This is Hollis' forte, plus he'll know the Chinese market from working in this region. People that tend to rise to the top in the professional auditing world tend to be sticklers for detail.

Maybe they have ,but I can't speak for them.

I just think it is spooky as you would think Moyes would have been sounded out that he would work in the lower division before we started talks.

However the Lord moves in mysterious ways.....It may be an omen

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe they have ,but I can't speak for them.

I just think it is spooky as you would think Moyes would have been sounded out that he would work in the lower division before we started talks.

However the Lord moves in mysterious ways.....It may be an omen

We may never know. Could be Moyes' appetite for the challenge as reality kicks in?

Who knows. I just hope the next guy if fully committed to the cause, can sort of the dressing room and Big T backs him with the players we need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

We may never know. Could be Moyes' appetite for the challenge as reality kicks in?

Who knows. I just hope the next guy if fully committed to the cause, can sort of the dressing room and Big T backs him with the players we need.

ditto

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I watched them a bit too and every time I saw them they were poor. Just because they showed fight doesn't mean they weren't poor.

Yep. There seems to be this myth going round that leicester played really well all of last season and were just desperately unlucky for most of it.

It's nonsense. They were shite. They lost twice to us for **** sake, and I didn't see an ounce of fight in either of those games :D

They were excellent at the end of the season and fair play to them and Pearson for that. But let's not re-write history. They were crap for the rest of it.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, gharperr said:

Why has nobody mentioned the wage for moyes probably isnt anywhere near as high as the wage he would get from a prem team? Seems most likely reason iyam. 

Big Sam was something like 10th highest paid manager in Europe when he was at West Ham

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. There seems to be this myth going round that leicester played really well all of last season and were just desperately unlucky for most of it.

It's nonsense. They were shite. They lost twice to us for **** sake, and I didn't see an ounce of fight in either of those games :D

;)

anyway if it is Pearson I think its a good call, not many great candidates and has recent promotion experience which I felt was vital enough. More confident in him than I would with Moyes or Di matteo

• Like 1