Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He also had a huge budget for the leagues. 1million for Rickie Lambert in League 1

Would be a similar position to us then? Big fish small pond but got the job done

I think either RDM or Pearson would be good appointments, im slighting veering towards Pearson because he has had more recent championship experience. but RDM I would be happy with as well. Shame we don't seem to be interested i n Rowett Id be very happy with him

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think either RDM or Pearson would be good appointments, im slighting veering towards Pearson because he has had more recent championship experience. but RDM I would be happy with as well. Shame we don't seem to be interested i n Rowett Id be very happy with him

Pearsons reported to be turning us down aint he? Would love RDM though

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He would be foolish to if offered the role

I think it would be more down to feeling slighted by the fact that, he has been waiting in the wings patiently for so long, only for the job to be offered to Moyes, then to be looked back on after Moyes rejection.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

whoever it is we need to get started quickly.  I personally think we'll know by the end of the week latest

I do understand the time constraints to get it done. But I'd rather have the right guy in a month late, than the wrong manager rushed in.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think it would be more down to feeling slighted by the fact that, he has been waiting in the wings patiently for so long, only for the job to be offered to Moyes, then to be looked back on after Moyes rejection.

But surely he will understand why Moyes was first choice if thats the case. The fact is there are various clubs who don't get their first choice manager, so you have to put your ego aside and get on with it if your interested. 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He also had a huge budget for the leagues. 1million for Rickie Lambert in League 1

Sounds similar to what he'd have here if Xia is telling the truth. I mean £50 million+ in the Championship is insane.

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Sounds similar to what he'd have here if Xia is telling the truth. I mean £50 million+ in the Championship is insane.

Depends who you buy! We spent that to build a team that is now in the championship and whom we mostly all think will struggle.

Out of interest, I took a look at what Derby did after they got relegated from the PL with the lowest points total. They changed 16 players and finished their first season back in the Championship in 18th place - 8 points from relegation.

Just goes to show how careful we need to be with this summers decisions.

Edited by villarocker

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But surely he will understand why Moyes was first choice if thats the case. The fact is there are various clubs who don't get their first choice manager, so you have to put your ego aside and get on with it if your interested. 

May be a problem with Pearson.

Case in point, the press conference where he was slated by Pat Murphy for 30 mins and sulked like a child the entire time

37 minutes ago, JayDeePee said:

Pearsons reported to be turning us down aint he?

raw

Thank god

Nah seriously snubbed by Nigel Pearson how will we ever be able to sleep at night

Edited by AshVilla

There is absolutely no way Pearson would turn us down. It would be like fat Barry turning down Sharon Stone. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So Prandelli to Lazio... leaves RDM all to us. Joy. 

I'd still rather RDM than Pearson but we're hardly awash with great choices are we? :unsure:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'd still rather RDM than Pearson but we're hardly awash with great choices are we? :unsure:

Better than having to choose between fistface and maccarthy. where we are as a club think its good alternatives even though not my first choices

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

We're a Championship club we get what the league dictates we should have pretty much. If Moyes thinks he's too big to come here then that rules out most of the actually decent managers out there. Fortunately RDM seems pretty grounded and down to earth, it's not often a Champions League winning manager is tipped to come to a Championship club. Not to mention he has experience getting promoted from the Championship as well as winning the Champions League and FA Cup so he's probably our best shot given all other candidates. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Depends who you buy! We spent that to build a team that is now in the championship and whom we mostly all think will struggle.

Out of interest, I took a look at what Derby did after they got relegated from the PL with the lowest points total. They changed 16 players and finished their first season back in the Championship in 18th place - 8 points from relegation.

Just goes to show how careful we need to be with this summers decisions.

How much did Derby spend? Obviously it won't be £50m but I'm sure we're in a similar position in terms of quality.

Im not expecting us to go out and sign messi and ronaldo this summer but surely itd cost us a good chunk of £20-30m to buy as many as we need to get a half decent squad assembled?