Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

7 minutes ago, meme said:

Dwight Yorke has an outright obsession with the Villa hotseat. Can't he become the new Pep first then come and join us? -_-

Yorke is a legend but I find his infatuation with managing us to be a little embarrassing. Go out into the wild first and get some decent real world experience as a manager please..

50 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Chill your beans... Tony said it would be a couple of weeks.

The last interview I saw he said it would be 1 more week and that was a few days ago. 

Edited by limvillian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I can't stand this any longer! every 5 mins I'm checking the Internet for news on a new manager, it's becoming an addiction, an obsession! I'm seriously considering a total ban on Villa related Internet news, for a whole week. 

I know what you mean.  After the manager it will be transfers - not good for productivity at work!

31 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I know what you mean.  After the manager it will be transfers - not good for productivity at work!

Too true, at the moment for me, "would anyone like a drink?" Is code for "I need to disappear and check Villa news" :)

3 hours ago, mwj said:

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.....i can't be bothered with the rest.

• Like 1

Is it true that Pearson's snubbed us? Excellent news if true.

It's fabulous!

Moyes has rejected us; Pearson has; so now we can choose from the amazing field of all the amazing managers queuing up to take us on, like...

Ah...

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Is it true that Pearson's snubbed us? Excellent news if true.

Is that what is meant by "gallows humour"

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sorry TRO, but I don't know why you keep saying we have to go back to what worked in the 80s?  And yes I do generally think most people in the media don't know what they are talking about most of the time, especially about the Villa.  

I don't share your view that the 80's has anything to do with it....It could have been last year Like Leicester or 10 years ago.....Its WHAT happened thats important, not WHEN it happened.

The media were talking well about Nigel Pearson not Villa. they have an opinion on him and have voiced it. You say the media know nothing about the Villa....The people who have been running it don't, so there is nothing new there.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It's fabulous!

Moyes has rejected us; Pearson has; so now we can choose from the amazing field of all the amazing managers queuing up to take us on, like...

Ah...

From my point of view, it's fantastic because I don't think he'd be a good manager for us. Naturally I was very disappointed when Moyes turned us down.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is that what is meant by "gallows humour"

No. I really don't want Pearson to manage us.

• Like 2

So there were reports this morn that RDM was having more talks today, I wonder if we'll get an announcement tomorrow, surely Tony doesn't need a third set of talks with the little fella...

It's fabulous!

Sorry .... lol

c5fdc90ebc52ec9e451afa2085fcd897.jpg

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

No it's what is meant by dodging a bullet i'm ecstatic that Pearson has turned us down

Is this actually true? The odds on Oddschecker don't seem to suggest he has. They moved out significantly as soon as news of Moyes' snub broke but Pearson is still as low as 2/1 with some bookies.