Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Elsewhere in football...

"David Moyes has dropped out of the running for the Aston Villa manager's job. On a short list of three, Moyes was strongly tipped to be the new manager after being interviewed last Thursday night, but after mulling over the challenge this weekend, decided to rule himself out.

"I understand the fundamental issue for Moyes was dropping down to the Championship and he had reservations about Villa wanting a swift decision, with a hectic summer ahead for the club's football department."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/35944876

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Have to be honest, i'm not entirely sure what Moyes thinks he is going to get.

To be fair to him, if he makes himself available, i'm sure when the first sackings start happening next season in the prem, the clubs will be strongly considering him.

If his concern was about Villa being in the championship then I'm led to believe that he was mainly worried about not being able to get Villa promoted, and with his poor performance over the last few years that's not something he can afford to have on his CV. He's not up to the challenge, so be it. Let's employ someone with a little more confidence.

• Like 3

I really hope its not Pearson. Will be a really uninspiring appointment. He brings nothing to the table. His preferred backroom staff won't be coming. How long will it be before the fans turn on him and he is offering to fight them? I was looking forward to next season! Still live in hope we get RDM but it looks like its going to be Pearson [emoji45]

Or does it mean that the reported transfer funds are not actually there?  You'd think that if we had riches then Moyes would be on board with that

• Like 3

What worries me is, before new owner has passed the test, it is very difficult to convince a good manager to sign the contract. I guess all potential manager candidates are playing 'wait and see' games now, because the take over is not approved yet. 

But if it will take another 3-4 weeks to officially finish the take over - i doubt all the candidates will still be available then.

I think it is very possible that Xia has already signed a conditional contract with one of the candidates (most likely Moyes then Di Matteo), provided that Xia can pass the test and take over Villa officially. At the same time, the candidate is still seeking for job offers from other clubs, even though the offer from Xia is his preferred one.

Considering that Xia has said in one of his interviews that, he has signed the deal with Villa owners for the take over, on the match day against Newcastle, and waited till late last week to announce it due to some approval process, it is logical to believe that there will be a conditional offer from him to the manager candidates, based on the approval of the football league.

I was never particularly sold on Moyes and it sounds like he wasn't up for the challenge, which really should be something that excites a manager. so happy for him to be out of the running.

• Like 1

Not too bothered about Moyes not coming, he feels a bit too much of old-fashioned and "old school" manager for modern football. I'd still prefer someone from abroad with enough experience, and who knows english football. I wouldn't actually mind Quique Sánchez Flores coming to Villa as he had surprisingly good season with Watford.

• Like 2

I've never wanted moyes, it's clear he thinks he is better than us, has held this feeling for a while and has pretty much said as much so **** him. We don't accept players who don't want to be here, the gaffer should be no different. Bollocks to him.

RDM or Grayson please.