Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Just now, avfcwills10 said:

Can't see him coming after getting Rangers promoted, if he's going to leave now the work he did previously in the lower leagues will have been a waste of time. 

Dyche would be brilliant, yes I know Burnely are promoted, but at the end of the day it's still Burley and there's a major glass ceiling.

Only so much you can do at rangers. Villa is a long term project with quite possibly good financial support to build on. One season back to go forward a few more down the track.

CONSPIRACY THEORY:

Moyes isn't actually rejecting the job, his alter-ego is actually a fake Pearson

The real Pearson was killed trying to fight McArthur in February 2015

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Only so much you can do at rangers. Villa is a long term project with quite possibly good financial support to build on. One season back to go forward a few more down the track.

Is this the case though. In Moyes' situation, if we're going to guarantee significant funds moving forwards and also provide him with a budget to get us out of the league. Why would he say no. 

If we painted the picture of a long term plan with ambitious motives, I can't see that he would have turned it down? Surely?

Just now, Christer said:

Maybe Moyes wasnt first choice and got a way to save face?

Well it looks like whoever we approach will know he isn't first choice now.

Dr Tony, intervene - if you're really going to throw to millions at the club, Fly him over to china and convince DM to join us. Remember a lot of Lerners problems came from not securing the right managers.  

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

Is this the case though. In Moyes' situation, if we're going to guarantee significant funds moving forwards and also provide him with a budget to get us out of the league. Why would he say no. 

If we painted the picture of a long term plan with ambitious motives, I can't see that he would have turned it down? Surely?

Maybe he wasn't first choice.

Just now, Zatman said:

I knew Moyes wouldnt come near us. pure arrogance that thinks he should be back in Top 6 club

First thing you want is someone that's up for the job.

Confidence alone is obviously not enough, but it needs to be in the mix. I think Pearson will do just fine in getting us back up, and even keeping us up when we're there. Once we're a PL club again, we are in a much better position to build from there and if that means bringing a higher calibre of manager in at that point then so be it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I knew Moyes wouldnt come near us. pure arrogance that thinks he should be back in Top 6 club

Moyes is a realist, he wouldn't think that.

Maybe he just didn't like the idea of uncertainty around the new owner; which supports my claim that the English press are scum.

Just now, meme said:

Moyes is a realist, he wouldn't think that.

Maybe he just didn't like the idea of uncertainty around the new owner; which supports my claim that the English press are scum.

If you listen to Moyes interviews (especially post Man Utd), I think he actually comes across as extremely deluded.

Just now, juanpabloangel18 said:

If you listen to Moyes interviews (especially post Man Utd), I think he actually comes across as extremely deluded.

Poor little Moyes. All he wants is a cuddle. :(

To be fair to Moyes, while he's not going to be in the frame for any of the top 6 jobs, he'd be a favourite for pretty much any club under that level. I can't blame him for biding his time and not wanting to drop down to the Championship, I wouldn't.

43 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Ooooooo Eddie Howe would be interesting. 

Would never happen. There's absolutely no reason for him to leave Bournemouth, what he's done there is incredible, he's adored by their fans and board and knows the club inside out. I think he would have learnt that the grass isn't always greener when he left for Burnley. It would be a step down for him now and too much of a risk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would never happen. There's absolutely no reason for him to leave Bournemouth, what he's done there is incredible, he's adored by their fans and board and knows the club inside out. I think he would have learnt that the grass isn't always greener when he left for Burnley. It would be a step down for him now and too much of a risk. 

For sure, deserved an 'oooooooooo' though. 

They will probably get relegated next season. 

Edited by GeneralJazzman

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

If his concern was about Villa being in the Championship, why would he bother discussing the job?

Odd.

He spoke to Doctor No, and didn't fancy working for him, I suspect. 

• Like 1