Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Well I'm sure Pearson will instil his players with a genuine respect for the Asian culture.

Cheap digs at him for some buffoonery his SON did on holiday. I expect alot more of this to be regurgitated. I guess if his son get's caught with a crack pipe we can go with the next headline being " I DON'T WANT A CRACKHEAD MANAGER"

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

If it's Pearson, would you trust him with £30m? He signed some good players for Leicester (obviously), but from memory his biggest ever was £8m on Ulloah?

He also brought in Kante, Fuchs, Okazaki, Mahrez etc... 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

For those that are against Pearson, it's obviously subjective whether he's the best man for the job. Are there better managers available to us? Possibly. There are better managers in the world for sure, but are they available to us? Who knows.

Surely even those firmly against him coming here must concede that a well-backed Pearson is potentially capable of putting us in the mix for promotion next season. Personality aside, his record shows that he's capable.

For me, that's all we need. Get promoted, give him a crack at keeping us up. Once we're a PL club again we'll be in a much better position to plan further, but for me our only job is to find someone to get promotion as quickly as possible.

Pearson is available, has done it before and is seemingly up for the challenge. If he's the man they go for then that's fine by me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

What's "the" Asian culture when referring to a continent of about 50 countries with vastly different cultures!? 

East Asian Confucianism I'd assume.

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Cheap digs at him for some buffoonery his SON did on holiday. I expect alot more of this to be regurgitated. I guess if his son get's caught with a crack pipe we can go with the next headline being " I DON'T WANT A CRACKHEAD MANAGER"

Only slightly worse than dismissing a manager based purely on his nationality...

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair to Moyes, he isn't being arrogant. 

He is above us.

It would have been a coup to get him here.

It has nothing to do with arrogance, but you can view his decision much more cynically - He is unemployed and has failed in his last two jobs. And also far from proven in the Championship. He is growing more and more irrelevant. It appears Moyes does not have the hunger or ambition for the role, he is looking for something more comfortable and safe.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He also brought in Kante, Fuchs, Okazaki, Mahrez etc... 

Kante was signed after he left, pretty sure Okazaki was too. Mahrez, fantastic signing but players like this are a one off. My point is, if he's suddenly given a big check book will he go after the right players. 

He also kept Danny Drinkwater out of the team and used him as a backup for Matty James...... Also although he deserves credit for signing them Mahrez.... Him, Morgan, Drinkwater, Huth, Shcmeichal, Simpson and Vardy moved to a completely different level after he left. 

11 minutes ago, Razor said:

Ulloa played a pretty important part in a title winning squad, hardly deserves to be labelled as a bad singing 

Never said he was a bad signing.

Edited by avfcwills10

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It has nothing to do with arrogance, but you can view his decision much more cynically - He is unemployed and has failed in his last two jobs. And also far from proven in the Championship. He is growing more and more irrelevant. It appears Moyes does not have the hunger or ambition for the role, he is looking for something more comfortable and safe.

I don't blame him!

2 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Kante was signed after he left, pretty sure Okazaki was too. Mahrez, fantastic signing but players like this are a one off. My point is, if he's suddenly given a big check book will he go after the right players. 

He also kept Danny Drinkwater out of the team and used him as a backup for Matty James...... Also altough he deserves credit for signing them Mahrez, Morgan, Drinkwater, Huth, Shcmeichal, Simpson and Vardy moved to a completely different level after he left. 

Never said he was a bad signing,

Pearson had the Kante move lined up before they sacked him. In fact, they thought that the Kante deal was off once they sacked him. Okazaki was signed whilst he was the manager. 

I imagine his budget here will be similar to the one at Leicester so yeah, I think he will. 

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Can you blame him?

Like I said earlier, I'm sure when jobs are available in midtable to lower Prem clubs, he'll be seriously considered.

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was being slightly tongue in cheek. But it was 'buffoonery', enough to get James Pearson and the other players sacked. Even none of our car crash of a squad have managed that.

4 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

He also kept Danny Drinkwater out of the team and used him as a backup for Matty James...... Also although he deserves credit for signing them Mahrez.... Him, Morgan, Drinkwater, Huth, Shcmeichal, Simpson and Vardy moved to a completely different level about 9 games before he left. 

Never said he was a bad signing.

Fixed for you ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Do you think the likes of Pearson or DiMatteo would be impressed knowing they were second choice.  The sort of man Pearson is it wouldnt surprise me that he would say FU.

Who said he was first choice?

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Do you think the likes of Pearson or DiMatteo would be impressed knowing they were second choice.  The sort of man Pearson is it wouldnt surprise me that he would say FU.

Thats kind of my fear - and I don't think Pearson is a done deal. We will be on another turkey hunt like the one where all and sundry turned us down.....except Mcleish.

I really would push to get Pearson in within 48 hours now - sure he has shortcomings \ doubts as do all of the contenders. Lets get it done - and start to see where it takes us....

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Thats kind of my fear - and I don't think Pearson is a done deal. We will be on another turkey hunt like the one where all and sundry turned us down.....except Mcleish.

I really would push to get Pearson in within 48 hours now - sure he has shortcomings \ doubts as do all of the contenders. Lets get it done - and start to see where it takes us....

Im still in the McCarthy camp after Moyes