Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I'd still like to see Bernd Schuster as our manager, he likes to play attacking football and he is kinda crazy so at least it wouldn't be boring. Besides, he looks like my old phys.ed teacher from elementary school who was mean S.O.B. :D

One of the reasons why I wouldn't want british manager is that in my experience they're not the most tactically astute managers, and we need someone with strong personality, and who knows how to deal with the players from different nationalities. Not sure Pearson is that man, although my friend who's from Leicester, used to praise him before this season, haven't asked his opionion since the last summer though.

5 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Pearson's odds are falling by the minute since Moyes ruled himself out

I checked immediately after the Moyes ruling out (on WillHill) - Moyes went to 10/1, Pearson to 8/13.

Now, Moyes 9/2 and Pearson 8/11.

For some reason, I don't feel comfortable about Di Matteo becoming Villa manager although, that bastard may have inadvertently saved me severe injury by way of scoring the winning goal in the 2000 FA Cup final, where I was sat, completely decked out in claret and blue, amongst the Chelsea fans due to having bought a ticket off someone I had never met before who assured me it was for the Villa end :D.

Pearson seems completely bonkers and a more experienced and tougher version of Sherwood. That approach didn't seem to be working for tactics Tim so not sure if it would work for Pearson either.

I would like to see Grayson given a go as mentioned earlier but have a feeling that he is too unfashionable to be given a chance. I wouldn't mind Hughton as he has done a good job at Brighton. They were ruling the Championship at the start of last season. They dramatically fell away after a poor run but he then turned them around again and only just missed out on automatic promotion.

As for Moyes; I wonder if he is hoping for a return to Everton now that they have more financial backing? Or, if Koeman leaves Southampton, would he consider moving down south? Personally, I can see him at West Brom doing a steady job replacing Pulis, if no other Premier League clubs want him.

Damn.

Only hope I can cling on to now is that Di Matteo isn't Lazio's first-choice managerial target. 

Edited by Isa

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Pearson seems completely bonkers and a more experienced and tougher version of Sherwood. That approach didn't seem to be working for tactics Tim so not sure if it would work for Pearson either.

Surely it'll be with a different set of players (if we're going on the spending spree Xia is claiming).

That's a really strange call my Moyes. This would have been the perfect job to get his reputation back. If he wants to go to a prem team the pressure will be instant. With undoubtedly less opportunity to put his stamp on the team. A bad start will finish him.

Anyway, next.

Koeman would be looking at bigger clubs than Villa and West Brom if he leaves Southampton, he is rumored to be the next Arsenal manager. 

I really do not want Pearson, I really really do not want him.. Have a reaaaaly bad feeling about him. (Only other managers to worry me the same way before were Sherwood and McCleish). Would rather take a Rowett or try to convince Hughton to join us. (Pearson would split fans again, not worth it)

Edited by Chicken Field

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

Koeman would be looking at bigger clubs than Villa and West Brom if he leaves Southampton, he is rumored to be the next Arsenal manager. 

I really do not wan't Pearson, I really really do not wan't him.. Have a reaaaaly bad feeling about him. (Only other managers to worry me the same way before were Sherwood and McCleish). Would rather take a Rowett or try to convince Hughton to join us. (Pearson would split fans again, not worth it)

Hughton just signed a new contract so thats over with, we should have moved for him sooner