Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Let's face it, it is going to be Pearson isn't it? Someone that will be unwanted by many right from the start.

In which case, why don't we all make some money off him? Someone start spouting in-the-know bullshit about having a friend who works at Bodymoor Heath who told you they saw Martinez having a tour of the training ground and then when Pearson's price drifts we all lump on. At least making some money might make up for the disappointment.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Hughton just signed a new contract so thats over with, we should have moved for him sooner

damn.. he would have been perfect. 

One of the most important thing about our next appointment is to unite the fans and give us reason to feel optimistic, Pearson would NOT unite the fans. 

David Moyes pulls out of running for Aston Villa job

11 minutes ago

From the sectionFootball

Sharethis page

David Moyes considered the Villa role over the weekend

David Moyes has pulled out of the running to become the new Aston Villa manager, BBC Sport understands.

Moyes, 53, was on a three-man shortlist to replace Remi Garde and was tipped to be the new manager after impressing prospective new owner Dr Tony Xia.

However the Scotsman, without a club since being sacked by Real Sociedadin 2015, has now ruled himself out.

Nigel Pearson - the preferred choice of outgoing chairman Steve Hollis - and Roberto Di Matteo remain in the frame.

The fundamental issue for Moyes is believed to be the drop down to the Championship, where Villa will play next season following their relegation from the Premier League.

The former Manchester United and Everton manager also had reservations about Villa's wish for a swift decision over the role, as a result of the hectic summer that lies ahead for the club's football department.

Owner-in-waiting Dr Tony Xia will sanction the appointment of Aston Villa's new manager

One of the attractions of the Villa job for Moyes was the prospect of working again with Keith Wyness, who is soon to be appointed to the chief executive's role that he held at Everton for five years, during which time he worked harmoniously with the former Preston manager.

Villa hope to confirm their new manager by the end of this week, with Pearson and Di Matteo - both of whom are without a club - having been interviewed by Hollis and the recruitment team put together by Xia.

The owner-in-waiting will sanction the appointment although Hollis will seal the deal as Dr Xia will not technically own Villa until his takeover is approved by the Football League.

Moyes the bottler

Just now, Chicken Field said:

damn.. he would have been perfect. 

One of the most important thing about our next appointment is to unite the fans and give us reason to feel optimistic, Pearson would NOT unite VT

Fixed.

Honestly think Moyes would have been perfect for us and vice-versa. 

If it's Pearson, would you trust him with £30m? He signed some good players for Leicester (obviously), but from memory his biggest ever was £8m on Ulloah?

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Think I'm in the minority, but I'd be happy with Pearson. Think he'd get us back into the PL, which must be our first target. 

I do think Pearson would win a lot of fans over. 

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Fixed.

Can anything unite VT? 

I'd actually take Warnock over Pearson, better track record in the championship and we wouldn't look so bad firing him once/if promoted. (He has got a really impressive record in the championship to be fair to him, just look at what he did at Rotherham)

4 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

If it's Pearson, would you trust him with £30m? He signed some good players for Leicester (obviously), but from memory his biggest ever was £8m on Ulloah?

£9m Kramaric maybe?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

Can anything unite VT? 

I'd actually take Warnock over Pearson, better track record in the championship and we wouldn't look so bad firing him once/if promoted. (He has got a really impressive record in the championship to be fair to him, just look at what he did at Rotherham)

Free Chicken Curry at home games would unite us. 100%.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

He signed Kramaric for more. 
But his signings are apparently mostly credited to some Walsh guy, so Pearson can't be blamed for the bad signings if he can't be praised for the good signings ;)

• Like 1

Warburton for me

Don't mind Pearson myself. Think he's got a great character and is unfairly judged by a few moments of madness. He had a part in creating the spirit and squad that won Leicester the title.

Just now, KSV said:

Warburton for me

Don't mind Pearson myself. Think he's got a great character and is unfairly judged by a few moments of madness. He had a part in creating the spirit and squad that won Leicester the title.

Can't see him coming after getting Rangers promoted, if he's going to leave now the work he did previously in the lower leagues will have been a waste of time. 

Dyche would be brilliant, yes I know Burnely are promoted, but at the end of the day it's still Burley and there's a major glass ceiling.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Or does it mean that the reported transfer funds are not actually there?  You'd think that if we had riches then Moyes would be on board with that

I just think he smelt a rat.