Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Clearly he has managed in the premier league for a significantly longer period then Nigel Pearson- hence longevity would ensure that he has achieved more than Pearson, however they are not a million miles apart- let's face it Moyes does not exactly have a bunch of winners medals hanging from his neck does he?

Longevity in football management is a lot harder than it looks. All Pearson has shown is that he can get a team up (apparently with the highest wage bill in the Championship) and just about keep them there for one season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YGabbana said:

Id take Pearson over Moyes.

Experienced in the Championship, knows how to get promoted and takes no crap from players.

Moyes would come in and convince the likes of richards,lescott and flabby to stay on.

im the opposite, i think pearson would be brought in if the plan was to shout at the players and expect them to care

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Longevity in football management is a lot harder than it looks. All Pearson has shown is that he can get a team up (apparently with the highest wage bill in the Championship) and just about keep them there for one season.

I don't believe a credible 14th on the back of an amazing run truthfully constitutes just scrapping up in all fairness 

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im the opposite, i think pearson would be brought in if the plan was to shout at the players and expect them to care

It didn't work with Roy Keane so I don't see it working with Pearson.

On 01/05/2016 at 10:48, theboyangel said:

Edited by Genie

25 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Id take Pearson over Moyes.

Experienced in the Championship, knows how to get promoted and takes no crap from players.

Moyes would come in and convince the likes of richards,lescott and flabby to stay on.

If he can get them playing, fine. 

31 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That's what Eddie Howe has done as well and I'd love him as manager as well. 

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

It amazes me that people are that adverse to any of the three front runners for the job. I can understand preferences but to think any of the names would be an appalling gamble is ridiculous.

We're talking about managers who've had success in the Premier League, or Champions League. We're talking about managers who have managed Man Utd and Chelsea.

We're a CHAMPIONSHIP team. Let's be little realistic here, any of those three names are somewhat of a coup for us in our current position. Yes the future maybe brighter now no Lerner, but we still need to try and get promoted next season.

I was expecting the likes of Black, Bruce or another average Championship manager, any of the three names above would be pretty decent. Forget the argument that a manager needs Championship experience (you can get it by doing it, would Mourinho be unsuitable because has none?) and forget the idea a manager may have a glass ceiling of the top 6 in the Premiership (managers rarely last more than three years anyway and it's not a pressing concern this season).

Personally my preference goes Moyes, Di Matteo then Pearson but beggars can't be choosers and that list is still very impressive considering out CURRENT status. Moyes is a name that would be included in most Premier League team's interview list for vacancies.

I just hope it gets done so the real work can start - squad overhaul. You could argue that with the possibility of a large transfer kitty being available the choice of manager is less important as we won't need every purchase to be a raging success and we hopefully won't need to keep slacking players.

I want the new guy in this week. Let's get going...

People are adverse to Pearson because he has none of the things you mentioned and the one thing he does have you've said can be gotten by without. 

• Like 3

I'm going to predict that whoever comes in decides, for whatever reason - contract lengths, wages, they're unwanted by other clubs, the new manager wants to give second chances etc - to keep the majority of last season's shysters on and, because they're crap and/or not bothered, they cost the new man his job by the New Year. 

Just a hunch, that's all. Hope that I'm wrong though! 

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I'm going to predict that whoever comes in decides, for whatever reason - contract lengths, wages, they're unwanted by other clubs, the new manager wants to give second chances etc - to keep the majority of last season's shysters on and, because they're crap and/or not bothered, they cost the new man his job by the New Year. 

Just a hunch, that's all. Hope that I'm wrong though! 

You need to head over to the positivity thread my friend.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I don't believe a credible 14th on the back of an amazing run truthfully constitutes just scrapping up in all fairness 

Given where they were for most of the season I'd say it was. Of course Leicester went on to win the league but that was under a different manager and with some summer additions so I don't think it really proves anything.

30 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Given where they were for most of the season I'd say it was. Of course Leicester went on to win the league but that was under a different manager and with some summer additions so I don't think it really proves anything.

Between April until the end of the season they played 9, won 7, drew 1, lost 1.

That form quite clearly carried on into the new season with pretty much the same starting XI minus Kante, Fuchs and Okazaki (who was more of a squad player anyway)

No matter how much you hate him, you have to give him credit for putting the team together and putting the belief into them.

1 minute ago, JP1982 said:

Collymore just tweeted  'David Moyes'. Could mean anything, but I am hoping he has receivedsome good news!

David Moyes followed by a thinking face.

Probably just trying to get a discussion going.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

David Moyes followed by a thinking face.

Probably just trying to get a discussion going.

Not disputing he is trying get a duscussion, or probably more likely attention, but no thinking face on my twitter feed?

Can't wait for the eventual appointment, let's move on quickly please. 

Happy with Pearson, Moyes, and to a lesser extent RDM, but let's not kid ourselves, they are all decent and probably better than we deserve as we are a basket case at present. Who ever it is I will get behind, we need positive vibes in abundance this forthcoming season.

• Like 2

Thursday Moyes was 25/1 and even this morning he was 6/1 but with all paper talk etc I dont think it would take alot for the price to drop,he is currently best price 10/11 so its been a good plunge or paper talk has cut the price.

Edited by midian