Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

27 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Between April until the end of the season they played 9, won 7, drew 1, lost 1.

That form quite clearly carried on into the new season with pretty much the same starting XI minus Kante, Fuchs and Okazaki (who was more of a squad player anyway)

No matter how much you hate him, you have to give him credit for putting the team together and putting the belief into them.

I don't think it's entirely clear whether it carried on because of him or Ranieri/the new signings. Don't forget that we went on quite a good run to stay up at the end of the 12/13 season but then didn't push on at all in the next season.

My dislike for Pearson's personality doesn't have any bearing on how I look at his achievements. Fact is though, his "achievements" just aren't that great, certainly not compared to Moyes anyway.

Moyes would be a serious coup.    Great eye when it comes to signing players. I don't think he would consider coming either if he wasn't given assurances that he'd be signing the players.

I'll be delighted and gutted if Moyes gets the job.

Obviously delighted as i think he's by far the best candidate. 

Gutted because 2 weeks ago I tried to put £30 on him becoming the manager at 25/1 and my browser crashed as I pressed place bet and I never went back and put it on again :blush: (cry face)

Every manager has had bad runs, dips in form, signed bad players and had a meltdown or two. Few managers have consistently won silver wear or qualified/been successful in Europe, let alone that would be going near us. 

Mourinho is unhinged and arrogant, Ferguson is a hair dryer big baby who wouldn't talk to the BBC for months, Wenger is stubborn who has no plan B, Rodgers also a bit mental....

We need someone who is capable of staying at a club longer term to build something for themselves, the players, the club and especially for us. Make their career with us, not ride on the back of previous achievements. 

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Everton?

I don't think Everton will want Moyes and I don't think Moyes would want to go back.

I think that link has been purely cooked up by the papers.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I cannot believe that, given the choice of Moyes or Pearson, people are going for Pearson.

That is absolute madness. Like, genuine crazy talk.

IMO of course.

Out of the two, I'm a Moyes man by a considerable margin. I think he's the best fit for what we need and I think we're probably the closest fit for him at the present time. 

However, I think that where Pearson could be considered to have the edge is that he's had more recent experience in the second tier (not that I think it's a necessity) and his most recent managerial work could be argued as being successful whereas Moyes' most recent work has been viewed as a failure-a downward trajectory. 

Like I say, I'm not in the pro Pearson camp, but if I was, I think that's where I'd be making my arguments. And indeed, a few have along those lines.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Think it will be Moyes, where else his he going to go? If so we should all get behind him and give him a fair chance but FFS another ginger Scott.

I myself would have no issue with his hair colour or with his being a Scot but he might well have other clubs he could go to.

My number one choice would be  Moyes by a considerable margin. If we were still in the Premier it would be massive getting him on board. 

IMO if he comes here then big things are going to happen! 

8 hours ago, Godders said:

Just had a look at oddscheker. Number of bookies offering the market seems to have dropped off this afternoon. Are some bookies now not taking anymore bets on our next manager?!!

Most Bookies take the market down at night to minimise losses should someone privy come out to play. 

Bookies who leave odds up will only lay with restrictions implemented, again to minimise loses.

I can't see it being Moyes to be honest - theres a whiff of 'to good to be true' about Aston Villa at the moment - I think a guy as experienced and Savvy as Moyes will see through hollow promises currently being given and give us a wide berth. Indeed it maybe that RDM has already done that.

I hope Hollis sticks to his guns and puts a manager in place by the end of May - I don't want to be waiting for Tony and cronies right up until July...

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

I can't see it being Moyes to be honest - theres a whiff of 'to good to be true' about Aston Villa at the moment - I think a guy as experienced and Savvy as Moyes will see through hollow promises currently being given and give us a wide berth. Indeed it maybe that RDM has already done that.

I hope Hollis sticks to his guns and puts a manager in place by the end of May - I don't want to be waiting for Tony and cronies right up until July...

You know this isn't Randy making the promises now, right?

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not happy with this takeover?

Everton are going for a foreign manager it seems. I think it will Pellgerini

Moyes isn't going back there. i thought he would be tempted by Celtic but they have got Rodgers now.

Moyes only other alternatives are Boro and Watford, and in my opinion we are a bigger club. If we get promoted in next two years we will surpass them if Tony is ambitious and has the funds to back us

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Everton are going for a foreign manager it seems. I think it will Pellgerini

Moyes isn't going back there. i thought he would be tempted by Celtic but they have got Rodgers now.

Moyes only other alternatives are Boro and Watford, and in my opinion we are a bigger club. If we get promoted in next two years we will surpass them if Tony is ambitious and has the funds to back us

Apparently Pellgerini held talks with Everton over the weekend.