Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

17 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

If his concern was about Villa being in the championship then I'm led to believe that he was mainly worried about not being able to get Villa promoted, and with his poor performance over the last few years that's not something he can afford to have on his CV. He's not up to the challenge, so be it. Let's employ someone with a little more confidence.

If his concern was about Villa being in the Championship, why would he bother discussing the job?

Odd.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm glad I was uninspired by him, I think it's damning that the vast majority of Evertonians wouldn't want him back. 

Pettiness in football - who'd have thought it?!

22 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

If his concern was about Villa being in the championship then I'm led to believe that he was mainly worried about not being able to get Villa promoted, and with his poor performance over the last few years that's not something he can afford to have on his CV. He's not up to the challenge, so be it. Let's employ someone with a little more confidence.

I don’t think that is the case in fairness. Pat Murphy, who has today reported that Moyes won’t be taking up our offer, stated five or six weeks ago after we had been confirmed as relegated that Moyes was interested in the job.

Whatever the reasons for him turning us down we will probably never know. He’d have been my number one realistic choice but so be it. Hopefully we have other good options and will make an appointment shortly.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If his concern was about Villa being in the Championship, why would he bother discussing the job?

Odd.

Probably wanted to make us wait to see if a PL/better opportunity arose over the summer. 

• Like 2

Great just when I was thinking things could be on the up he turns us down. Bit annoyed with Moyes really, this would have been a excellent opportunity for him. Guess he thinks he is too big for championship. His loss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Probably wanted to make us wait to see if a PL/better opportunity arose over the summer. 

But he was interviewed on Thursday?  I dunno.  Something doesn't stack up.

Just now, bobzy said:

We could have demanded an answer on Monday - as it seems we want a swift appointment (this week).

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It quite clearly says we want a swift decision, he didn't want to make one. As has been said, probably wanting to see if Premier League clubs come in.

• Like 3

Previous regime would have wanted to make a cheap appointment - hence Pearson, Moyes with no club attached.

if we truly have money now, fit and proper test pending, then surely we would be looking at candidates in jobs as well - they may have already said no though. 

It's gonna' take some fight to get promoted straight away. If Moyes doesn't have that fight in him, then so be it.

Pearson or RDM then? I think I'd prefer RDM, if only because he has a little bit of charm and flair.

30 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

What worries me is, before new owner has passed the test, it is very difficult to convince a good manager to sign the contract. I guess all potential manager candidates are playing 'wait and see' games now, because the take over is not approved yet. 

But if it will take another 3-4 weeks to officially finish the take over - i doubt all the candidates will still be available then.

I think it is very possible that Xia has already signed a conditional contract with one of the candidates (most likely Moyes then Di Matteo), provided that Xia can pass the test and take over Villa officially. At the same time, the candidate is still seeking for job offers from other clubs, even though the offer from Xia is his preferred one.

Considering that Xia has said in one of his interviews that, he has signed the deal with Villa owners for the take over, on the match day against Newcastle, and waited till late last week to announce it due to some approval process, it is logical to believe that there will be a conditional offer from him to the manager candidates, based on the approval of the football league.

Spoken like a true, concerned Villan! Welcome to the club mate :thumb:

Get used to lots of moaning, groaning, never being satisfied and lots of piss-taking. All in good spirits, of course :).