Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why would he be better for us than he was at Everton? Granted different positions, but he has already snubbed us twice! (I used to want him)

I think because he'd be starting from scratch, complete blank canvas, chance to set the playing style and have the academy playing the same way, could build us up nicely. However, possibly too soon I reckon, can't see him being full of energy. 

Oscar Garcia anyone? 

Edited by Jareth

10 hours ago, NeilS said:

If you are wanting to remove a quote that you no longer want to quote, I find that hovering your mouse cursor in the top left of the quote box brings up a click to drag icon, click left mouse button once on that, and then press delete button does the trick.

Using a tablet so this doesn't work. Thanks anyway though.  I have seen the advice in the help section. It's less pain just to leave an empty quote and start again 

3 hours ago, jon_c said:

We'd appoint the guy that just picks up an axe and hacks at it. Not the one that ties it down so it doesn't fall on his house, and then goes and gets a chainsaw.

They should have to chop down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring.

Not sure what happened on my last post?

Martinez couldn't do anything with a squad full of young talent and Internationals so whats he gonna do with a bunch of has-beens and Bob The Builders! 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Martinez couldn't do anything with a squad full of young talent and Internationals so whats he gonna do with a bunch of has-beens and Bob The Builders! 

Win the FA Cup?

11 hours ago, John said:

Ladbrokes have Pearson @ evens, RDM 11/10, Bruce 5/1, Moyes 14/1, McCarthy 14/1, Grayson 14/1, Warnock 16/1, Martinez, 25/1, Dyche 25/1, Coleman 33/1, Hughton 33/1 and Holloway 33/1.

Put a monkey on Holloway, I can see it coming from a mile off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I see this 'fraud of a manager' a lot and it's really only been used for Martinez, I assume someone said it one day about him and it's stuck.  (Not that I'm saying that he is particularly great, just it's a turn of phrase not really used for many others)

well he talks a cracking game but he cant back it up. If he sounded like Gary Megson, Tony Mowbray or Paul Lambert I doubt the media would fawn over them and allow him onto Monday Night Football

For me he is among the worst full-time managers to manage in Premier League and would have took Everton down next season

• Like 2

ITK...

Bloke I play football with who fits home gym equipment at footballers houses, he's fit something before at someone's house told me we'd had a sniff at motes before garde but moves said he was enjoying the so ideas challenge

Anyway in the week he's fit some equipment at naismiths house just outside Kilmarnock, we've had another sniff...it's pretty close

Also said Naismith has a release clause and won't be there next year and Martinez is a proper dick, apparently Naismith is a really nice down to earth bloke

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

ITK...

Bloke I play football with who fits home gym equipment at footballers houses, he's fit something before at someone's house told me we'd had a sniff at motes before garde but moves said he was enjoying the so ideas challenge

Anyway in the week he's fit some equipment at naismiths house just outside Kilmarnock, we've had another sniff...it's pretty close

Also said Naismith has a release clause and won't be there next year and Martinez is a proper dick, apparently Naismith is a really nice down to earth bloke

Never heard of either Motes or Moves, what clubs have they managed at?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Razor said:

Sherwood says he wants the job again looool, he's even more deluded than i thought

Typical sensationalist media, he was just answering a question. They asked him if he would be open to it. Fair play to him for always treating the fans with respect and still having affection for the club.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Er... what?

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

well he talks a cracking game but he cant back it up. If he sounded like Gary Megson, Tony Mowbray or Paul Lambert I doubt the media would fawn over them and allow him onto Monday Night Football

For me he is among the worst full-time managers to manage in Premier League and would have took Everton down next season

Agreed. Tony Mowbray always stuck to that 'defence isn't important philosophy'. Whats he up to these days?