Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

RDM I wouldn't object to. He has experience of taking West Brom up from the championship and a champions league winner with Chelsea. Who knows! Nobody we get is going to be perfect. 

I'm not so sure Di Matteo would be a soft touch with the players. He's got a bit of steel about him and, with his record of winning the Champions League in recent history, would be a drawer for player recruitment. 

24 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Looks like you have the same blinking problem as I do when you are trying to abort the response to a quote! 

25 minutes ago, rubberman said:

If we're back to Sherwood, I'm going to pour myself a bleach cocktail.

I think we should see if Dr. Jozef Vengloš is interested if we are bringing back a previous manager. What's the worst that could happen? 

Wouldn't have a problem with Di Matteo, solid CV.

Was just thinking with this Comolli rumour....would Martin Jol be a late outsider for the job? I believe he's managing in Egypt now but he worked with Comolli for a few years at Spurs and both were sacked around the same time IIRC. 

1 hour ago, John said:

Steve Freeth from Bet 365 was interviewed on Radio WM tonight. He said RDM went down from 66/1 yesterday following a few £25 and £50 bets to 33/1 and then 20/1. He added that the real money went on him today with a lot of new accounts being opened and interest in him which brought the price down to 2/5. He is now 4/5 having "dried up a little bit" with Pearson 11/10 in what he described as a "two horse race". He added, I don't think people are guessing, I think there is some substance to this and mentioned there have been three and four figure bets.

It's funny how all these punters can get inside info that "has substance" yet professional journalists don't seem to have a Scooby-Doo what's going to happen. Give the punters their own TV show I say and we can all find out what's happening 

I mean he's basically telling you who to put money on.  Talk about drumming up your own business 

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think we should see if Dr. Jozef Vengloš is interested if we are bringing back a previous manager. What's the worst that could happen? 

It could finish him off. 

Tim was never a prem manager, but a championship future prem manager ... Who knows ??? 

BRING BACK TIM BRIGADE IN FULL SWING !!!

expect banners a song and a famous managers written endorsement Asap :)

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's funny how all these punters can get inside info that "has substance" yet professional journalists don't seem to have a Scooby-Doo what's going to happen. Give the punters their own TV show I say and we can all find out what's happening 

I mean he's basically telling you who to put money on.  Talk about drumming up your own business 

I think punters react to a fall in the odds and assume someone is in the know so get on to what they think might be a good thing. The bookies react to the number of bets, the amounts invested and to new accounts being opened to bet on a betting market such as this as Freeth mentioned.  

For example if one of us bet £100 on Rowett in the morning his price may well be cut as a result. Others might then put on anything from say £1 to £50 to follow that money. I think it is the bigger three and four figure bets as well as new accounts being opened by people who may have had a tip that worry the bookies and this leads them to believe there may be some substance in the betting patterns for RDM.

The bookies are happy for us to back RDM or Pearson now given their current odds and were happy to talk about RDM once they had reacted to incoming bets. They would not have been so happy to alert us to the situation as it developed yesterday or this morning when odds were higher. RDM may prove to be the club's choice or he may be another Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who goes on to make the bookies richer. 

Di Matteo along with Rijkaard are managers that were way out of their depth and produced success because of players they had. His record elsewhere would not encourage me and his performance at West Brom was quite bad at times