Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What's this supposed to mean?

Should the job interview consist of examining each candidate's chest hair and getting them to chop down a tree?

One word: PASHUN

It'd be interesting if the club did want Martinez. Randy doesn't strike me as a man who's willing to forgive the embarrassment that Martinez caused us a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It'd be interesting if the club did want Martinez. Randy doesn't strike me as a man who's willing to forgive the embarrassment that Martinez caused us a few years ago.

I just emailed Ashley - he'd be great for them next season 

2 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

If it's a real man rather than a yes man I'm all for it. I'd put the likes of Allardyce and Moyes in the first bracket, and a failure like Garde in the second.

Martinez, RDM - would also be in the 2nd group...

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What's this supposed to mean?

Should the job interview consist of examining each candidate's chest hair and getting them to chop down a tree?

We'd appoint the guy that just picks up an axe and hacks at it. Not the one that ties it down so it doesn't fall on his house, and then goes and gets a chainsaw.

5 minutes ago, jon_c said:

We'd appoint the guy that just picks up an axe and hacks at it. Not the one that ties it down so it doesn't fall on his house, and then goes and gets a chainsaw.

An Axe ?

I m hoping our new manager just headbuts the tree - and it falls over. ....and then says 'gimme £100m for new players or ya know whats comin' 

I've seen that clip. I've no recollection of what came before it so in isolation is a whole load of nothing. It's the first time I've ever seen his work rate come into question.

He is, as I said, magnificently shit with it. He was the worst of a very bad bunch for the first 3 months of the season before Garde saw sense and dropped him. Dropped for somebody shit AND lazy granted. If it were up to me neither of them would play for the club again, but at least I'd wish Alan luck.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

On 5/11/2016 at 18:52, dont_do_it_doug. said:

**** Di Matteo?

Please no.

I thought, according to President Hollis, that the new manager would be "intrinsically linked" to the new owners? If this Di Matteo link is true that was either bullshit or the new owners are **** clowns. Fingers crossed for scenario a! Or scenario "nope".

Did Matteo's last gig was at Shalke, and he did quite well. I like him, toss up between him and Pearson at the moment for me, based on who we've been linked with.

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Martinez would be good for us.

Why would he be better for us than he was at Everton? Granted different positions, but he has already snubbed us twice! (I used to want him)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why would he be better for us than he was at Everton? Granted different positions, but he has already snubbed us twice! (I used to want him)

I really don't see why he was so highly rated. He didn't spend insignificant money at Wigan either. Not loads, but he still got them relegated. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Villaninireland said:

Martinez is a fraud of a manager who cannot organise a defence. Do not want him anywhere near us .

I see this 'fraud of a manager' a lot and it's really only been used for Martinez, I assume someone said it one day about him and it's stuck.  (Not that I'm saying that he is particularly great, just it's a turn of phrase not really used for many others)

9 hours ago, hippo said:

Only positive thing about RDM is I dont think he ever stays anywhere long - thinking 2 seasons is his max - Mostly places he barley lasts a season. So if it is to be him (and it looks extremely likely) lets get him in, let him flop, and move on.

Why would we want a flop