Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Just now, Demitri_C said:

don't know what your mate expects for Watford Champions league football?? What a great finishing position for Watford this has been, credit to Flores. Would be absolutely hilarious if they appointed Sherwood

He most certainly realises that they've achieved a massive amount this season by comfortably staying in the league, and he's far from expecting Champions League Football, but I think it's still okay to question things that may appear to be odd decisions throughout the season.

Their survival relied primarily on their strikers, and the form of Gomes (except for the odd howler here and there). What he's saying is in the second half of the season QSF had no answer to Igahlo's goals drying up. As those goals went, so did the form. There were odd team selections and formations, plus they started playing narrow with 2 strikers. We've seen enough of that here already.

We don't have an Igahlo or Deeney.  Sherwood looked like a master with Benteke in the team after all. Obviously QSF is many times the manager that Sherwood is, but I don't think he's what we need here judging from someone that watches Watford has to say.

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

He most certainly realises that they've achieved a massive amount this season by comfortably staying in the league, and he's far from expecting Champions League Football, but I think it's still okay to question things that may appear to be odd decisions throughout the season.

Their survival relied primarily on their strikers, and the form of Gomes (except for the odd howler here and there). What he's saying is in the second half of the season QSF had no answer to Igahlo's goals drying up. As those goals went, so did the form. There were odd team selections and formations, plus they started playing narrow with 2 strikers. We've seen enough of that here already.

We don't have an Igahlo or Deeney.  Sherwood looked like a master with Benteke in the team after all. Obviously QSF is many times the manager that Sherwood is, but I don't think he's what we need here judging from someone that watches Watford has to say.

Surley Flores isn't a serious contender for the villa job ? 

Did you see Watford at Villa Park this season? They were TERRIBLE.

Seriously, an absolutely awful team. How we lost that game I'll never know.

Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich, Watford are all absolutely rubbish. The fact we're more than 15 points adrift of the worst of them is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Jimbop said:

Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich, Watford are all absolutely rubbish. The fact we're more than 15 points adrift of the worst of them is ridiculous.

No goes to show they are not terrible, just shows we are terrible and the others are alot better than us. 15 points adrift is absolutely disgraceful. We are the terrible side not Watford

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's unlikely they'd get rid of someone who ensured survival very comfortably and got a cup semi final for someone who barely scraped through.  The people in charge of Watford sound a bit mental, but not that mental.  They must have someone pretty good lined up surely.

With due respect I think your being harsh- they finished a comfortable 14th not just goal difference. Someone else has suggested Pearson to Watford- well if he is good enough for them, he's definitely good enough for us right now.

If Watford replace Flores with Pearson then they're **** mental.

They won't though. I imagine Watford have someone lined up for the job. I have a funny feeling it will prove a good move to sack Flores, just like when Southampton sacked Adkins and Leicester sacked Pearson. People are surprised by it, but I think that's how clubs are successful these days. Move managers on before things get stale. 

With the odd exception obviously.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimbop said:

We lost that game because we didn't take our chances and gave the goals away. Rinse and repeat for 38 games and you get relegation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

With due respect I think your being harsh- they finished a comfortable 14th not just goal difference. Someone else has suggested Pearson to Watford- well if he is good enough for them, he's definitely good enough for us right now.

Ah, well if somebody suggested it then they undoubtedly must be considering him for the job.

Quique will get a job back in Spain at a top half team I reckon.

I rate him as highly as Koeman tbh who seems to be flavour of the month atm. They have similar CVs anway.

No chance he manages a second division team.

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

ITK...

Bloke I play football with who fits home gym equipment at footballers houses, he's fit something before at someone's house told me we'd had a sniff at motes before garde but moves said he was enjoying the so ideas challenge

Anyway in the week he's fit some equipment at naismiths house just outside Kilmarnock, we've had another sniff...it's pretty close

Also said Naismith has a release clause and won't be there next year and Martinez is a proper dick, apparently Naismith is a really nice down to earth bloke

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Is there any harsher burn than being accused of being hard to understand by @Demitri_C:P

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Watford are supposedly appointing some Italian chap called Walter, last I read. 

Mazzarri?

Liked him a lot at Sampdoria, did well for Napoli as well I think

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Watford are supposedly appointing some Italian chap called Walter, last I read. 

we need a Walter

"Walter White":)

• Like 1

On 12/05/2016 at 19:03, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did Matteo's last gig was at Shalke, and he did quite well. I like him, toss up between him and Pearson at the moment for me, based on who we've been linked with.

Didn't he get sacked after a season?