Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I thought Rodgers would be going back to Swansea but now their manager has signed a new deal would he come into it?? I'd have him and think getting sacked may actually bring him down a peg and make him a better manager. I know he'd be wanting a PL team but how many PL jobs will be available this summer?! I don't think that many. Maybe Watford seeing as they look like getting rid of Flores. I'd even have him more out of nostalgia than anything. The last time we went down we got the Watford manager and did alright!! 

Swansea have confirmed Guidolin has signed a contract extension and therefore no return for Brendan Rogers.

Is he worth a punt? Personally I'd prefer him to Di Matteo (linked today!), Pearson, Bruce and McCarthy.

He's worked in the Championship with Watford, Reading and Swansea - taking the latter up via the play-offs. Also played a major part in continuing with the Swansea style of play.

Yes, he's a little ego-centric and was arguably harshly dismissed from Liverpool (51% win rate) but would he relish another stint in the Championship.

Depends on our new potential owners and their wealth and ambition. If what Hollis said is true about the potential new owners ambitions then I'd wouldn't dismiss Rodgers completely. 

Worth  a punt @ 50-1 on William hill that's for sure. Just put money £50 down on him so watch his odds tumble!

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Regardless of the circumstances with which he did it, I really don't think we should pull our nose up at a champions league winner.

I couldn't give a shit if some randomer off the street is picking the team, whilst he's manager, never mind John Terry. If he wins the champions league, he wins the champions league.

22 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Before we turn our noses up at RDM, just consider this for a second..

352a2bb94353da66291b5be51628371b.jpg

That might be the one appointment that would make me post my season ticket back to the club.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What does this even mean? And which managers would you not define as "passive"?

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

wasnt it said that some of the senior players were picking the team (terry) when di matteo was at chelsea. our jumped up no marks would ruin him. 

I have previously said that there isn't a manager in world football i would want less than Pearson, in RDM Villatalk have managed to find one. :)

Steve Freeth from Bet 365 was interviewed on Radio WM tonight. He said RDM went down from 66/1 yesterday following a few £25 and £50 bets to 33/1 and then 20/1. He added that the real money went on him today with a lot of new accounts being opened and interest in him which brought the price down to 2/5. He is now 4/5 having "dried up a little bit" with Pearson 11/10 in what he described as a "two horse race". He added, I don't think people are guessing, I think there is some substance to this and mentioned there have been three and four figure bets.