Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

If we do get taken over by a Chinese group, what are the odds on Jose Camacho as our next manager? High profile appointment and had some success as head coach of China a few years ago.

34 minutes ago, terrytini said:

How about sly digs at those who like foreign Managers by saying those Managers have, say, sophisticashun ?

Sophistication and passion rolled into one? What's not to like, apart from the spelling :P?  If ability completes the package...

For what it's worth, I'm not particularly fond of the 'pashun' phrase myself. But I don't think it's a sly dig, but rather used to describe a type of manager that relies first and foremost on geeing up his players in an 'up-and-at-them, boys!' manner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

i really hope they dont go down the route of employing a has been like ranieri, really will lose the will to live then

For a split second I actually thought to myself "what's he up to these days?". :lol:

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

i really hope they dont go down the route of employing a has been like ranieri, really will lose the will to live then

True.

Ranieri hasn't won a title in weeks.

;)

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

How about sly digs at those who like foreign Managers by saying those Managers have, say, sophisticassion ?

I think you just invented a new word Duderino... I remember the first time I heard Ian Dowie say "Bouncebackability" :D

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Pulis linked in the Sun, dull, uninspiring football, but as safe a pair of hands as you could get in that division - can see the appeal to new owners.

We have played dull and uninspiring football for years :D

• Like 1

The thing that is worrying me the most is how on earth is whoever we bring in going to change this team enough so that we can challenge for promotion? There is just too much change needed to the playing staff to make it happen first time of asking. 

• Like 1

The thing that is worrying me the most is how on earth is whoever we bring in going to change this team enough so that we can challenge for promotion? There is just too much change needed to the playing staff to make it happen first time of asking. 

It's a big ask, but I still think that a massive overhaul of players is realistic. So many of the current squad signed contracts thinking they'd be playing for a Premier League team throughout their contracts (or however much of he contract they planned to see out).

I can see most of the foreign summer signings wanting to leave to play either in the Prem or a top league in Europe. Some players have their contract ending anyway (N'Zogbia etc), and others may agree to mutually terminate their contracts if they think it's better for all parties (ie: easy for them to find an average team if they're a free agent).

There will be some players who will probably struggle to find a move, or be happy to stay here on decent wages (Hutton, Gabby etc), but keeping a couple of our players around will hopefully not effect the mentality of the whole new squad that a manager chooses to bring in.

Hopefully with the season ending today, the club will announce something within the next week.

At present, we don't even have a pre-season schedule lined up, let alone addressing the squad issues.

It will be a big task for whoever comes in but hopefully they'll be given the backing by the new owners (unless its all some eloborate season ticket selling scam again!)

I'd rather stay down for two years and allow a good manager develop a new team with a positive ethos than bounce straight back up by playing muck football under a negative manager. 

I want to enjoy watching Villa play again. 

• Like 1

Going away to Leeds with 8 players behind the ball isn't that inspiring. At a push I would take him on a 1-2 year deal but really with the amount of managers out there now I would be disappointed if it is Pulis (I'm not sure it is we had a story like this last season too)