Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Only positive thing about RDM is I dont think he ever stays anywhere long - thinking 2 seasons is his max - Mostly places he barley lasts a season. So if it is to be him (and it looks extremely likely) lets get him in, let him flop, and move on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

Rodgers or Moyes for me. I'd even have Sherwood back if it meant no Pearson.

You would ahve sherwood back ahead of Pearson?? Wow no way in hell would I take Sherwood back. Guy is hopeless

Wouldn't have a problem with Di Matteo, solid CV.

Was just thinking with this Comolli rumour....would Martin Jol be a late outsider for the job? I believe he's managing in Egypt now but he worked with Comolli for a few years at Spurs and both were sacked around the same time IIRC. 

Think you're misremembering there. Comolli was said to have undermined Jol at Spurs, engineered his sacking and advocated the installation of Ramos. Jol talked bitterly about this for a long time after his sacking. If I were a betting man, I wouldn't be putting any money on a Comolli/Jol partnership.

If we do get Comolli, I WOULD put money on him creating a toxic atmosphere at the top of the club and spending loads of money while leading us to disaster.

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Looks like you have the same blinking problem as I do when you are trying to abort the response to a quote! 

9 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

its bollocks isnt it

If you are wanting to remove a quote that you no longer want to quote, I find that hovering your mouse cursor in the top left of the quote box brings up a click to drag icon, click left mouse button once on that, and then press delete button does the trick.

• Like 1

How about Alex Neil now that Norwich are down?

He was quite reluctant to comment on his future last night when interviewed, which could mean he's willing to move on. He's viewed as one of these good 'up and coming' managers and got Norwich promoted. Not keeping them up isn't dreadful when you consider the players and funds he had to work with.

31 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

He was quite reluctant to comment on his future last night when interviewed, which could mean he's willing to move on. He's viewed as one of these good 'up and coming' managers and got Norwich promoted. Not keeping them up isn't dreadful when you consider the players and funds he had to work with.

No thanks. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hippo said:

Any body got the latest odds ?

Ladbrokes have Pearson @ evens, RDM 11/10, Bruce 5/1, Moyes 14/1, McCarthy 14/1, Grayson 14/1, Warnock 16/1, Martinez, 25/1, Dyche 25/1, Coleman 33/1, Hughton 33/1 and Holloway 33/1.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

inb4 the inevitable Lambert comparisons.

I don't know enough about him to be fair but I'd prefer him to some of the names mentioned.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Only positive thing about RDM is I dont think he ever stays anywhere long - thinking 2 seasons is his max - Mostly places he barley lasts a season. So if it is to be him (and it looks extremely likely) lets get him in, let him flop, and move on.

we cannot afford a flop really need as close to a sure thing as possible

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

No

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

RDM would be seriously punching above our weight, IMO, I'd be delighted.

He was awful in his second season at Chelsea and abysmal at Schalke. No thanks

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Richard said:

we cannot afford a flop really need as close to a sure thing as possible

RDM smacks of a lerner appointment to me. A feeble little 'yes' man.  -

I would agree he is a sure thing - were sure to be bottom half with him !

• Like 1