Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I had a dream last night about the managers job!

Sherwood was brought back for the last 6 games with Roy Keane as his assistant. We signed Benteke on an emergency loan as the Premier league felt sorry for us. For some reason I was watching his first game on a portable TV at a bed superstore (not sure whether it was Dreams or Bensons for Beds). 

While trying out various mattresses, I caught glimpse of the score and we were 3-0 down to the baggies at home after 19 minutes. I proceeded to throw the portable TV into a pond, which was located in the aforementioned bed superstore.

That was all I can remember 

It's like reading a passage from Randy Lerner's journal!

Apart from the part about it being a dream.

Edited by It's Your Round

21 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

i want Negan for Villa manager

Get all the players on their knees so they know that they work for him now

He can even do his eeny meeny mino mo with the baseball bat and hopefully Gabby will be the one that is made an example of

Well a character from a terrible show that has no real story line and repeats the same mistakes season after season will fit right in 

Edited by Nicho

I'd be happy with Mick McCarthy.

What we want is a quick route out of the Championship and he's proven that he can get the best out of average sides.

The job he has done at Ipswich is incredible considering he's spent next to nothing and had to sell players like Mings, yet still has them in the top ten.

I think he'd be ideal for our young players too, in particular Grealish. I'm thinking of how well young players like Kightly and Jarvis progressed under his management and also the likes of Duff and Keane at international level.

22 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I heard something very interesting today.

I've just handshaked on a project where a partner and yours truly will manage a team made up of my partners manpower. He knows that I dont take shit from scivers and the like (and incompetence annoy's the f**k out of me). So I asked him "how are your guy's?"

His reply was, "I told them that you can only take so much slack for a while, then boom, the fuse goes, and they're out the door no messing"

Maybe I could apply as "Interim Personel co-ordinator" for AVFC

Day One - Appointment with the following players/players agents

Group 1 - Gaby, N'Zog, Sinclair, Richardson, Richards, Lescott & Bacuna - No dialog - Immediate p45's

Group 2 - Guzan, Hutton, Westwood & Sanchez - No dialog - Immediate p45's.

First day Assessment report - Best days work since AV 2-1 Liverpool (FA Cup SF)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now where did I put that for sale sign,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

Humble brag

• Like 4

Yeah for that reason MM would be down my list, his championship record certainly deserves huge respect but don't really want to be appointing a manager who we'd then have to sack 3 months back into the premier league, I'm confident that wouldn't be the case with Moyes or Pearson.

Here's a bit of a left field one....Zola. Was a bit hit and miss at West Ham but that was a time when they were having to sell their best players like Bellamy and he kept them up which Avram Grant couldn't do the following season.

He's also managed at championship level, nearly took Watford up. He's one of the foreign candidates I would seriously consider but seems the board are hellbent on getting a British manager in which I think is fair enough for our current situation.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Mick McCarthy may well get us promoted but he'd also take us back down. He's in the Warnock/Holloway mould.

but we can worry about that after promotion ;)