The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

12 minutes ago, peterms said:

I agree, but they could have achieved that without the deceit and misinformation.

They could for example have said that when we leave, we will need to use passports without "European Union" on them, and we will take the opportunity of producing new passports to return to the colour that some people prefer. 

What is so frustrating about the lie is that it is unnecessary - unless the aim is to feed the unreasoning resentment of the EU, without caring that the lie is so easily exposed.  That would be a very curious position, but I suppose given their general approach, you wouldn't put it past them.

But it doesn’t matter that the lies can be easily exposed, becuase the people they are pandering to are not interested in facts, in any shape or form. 

Any lie that’s exposed, is just met with a double down portion of whataboutism or just willfully ignored. 

And all for what? I’ve not even seen a coherent argument about what leavers actually want, they just chuck around buzz words/phrases like a game of Brexit bingo. 

Sovereignty! Unelected bureaucrats! Global elites! Immigrants! Lefties! take back control ! Bendy Bananas! Blue Passports! 

It’s ignorant stupidity, dialled up to 11. 

It’s become the essence of Trumpism and the UK Gov are following his lead. It’s working for him, so why not. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 2

the blue passport is an easy win , passports were being redesigned in 2019 anyway for security issues so why not use it for some form of propoganda victory ... frankly you’d be stupid not to in this era of tweet don’t think 

the £500m , what about the nurses we could have paid for tweets / Facebook posts did their bit to ridicule the news until it was pointed out they had the information wrong ( seems to have been James Caan originating this particular one which then gained traction ), but  they were happy to use it to suit their cause of promoting Brexit stupidity  , they can’t really moan when the other side uses it as some form of victory , imo 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

the blue passport is an easy win , passports were being redesigned in 2019 anyway for security issues so why not use it for some form of propoganda victory ... frankly you’d be stupid not to in this era of tweet don’t think 

How sad and pathetic a country have we become when we have a government who sees bigging up a change in the colour of a passport as some sort some of easy win due to how thick and ignorant a certain section of the public is. I don't know what is worse that we have a government happy to take advantage of these narrow minded imbeciles or that some people have become so stupid and narrow minded and are allowing themselves to be taken advantage of.

The only thing I do know is that I feel for the rest of us having to live under this pathetic Government and be surrounded by these half wits.

Edited by markavfc40

4 minutes ago, colhint said:

Which section of the public do you think are thick and half wits, did you mean the ones spreading it on social media when it was obvious fake news.

Clearly as we all know, Theresa May is indeed thick and a half-wit

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, colhint said:

Which section of the public do you think are thick and half wits, did you mean the ones spreading it on social media when it was obvious fake news.

I am on about the half wits the Government is reaching out to with the tripe that the change to a blue passport is an expression of our sovereignty and independence. A passport that was being redesigned in 2019 anyway and a passport that could have been blue at any time. Ironically the blue colour was the one imposed on us from abroad in 1920. You couldn't make it up how gullible some people are and the fact we have a government happy to take advantage of them.

Edited by markavfc40

50 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You couldn't make it up how gullible some people are and the fact we have a government happy to take advantage of the

Like hose gullable students who believed “we’ll take care of it “ was a promise to remove student debts 

if you believe gullibility was only invented by the Tory party circa 2010 then I’ve bad news for you 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, colhint said:

He means the 3 people they found on the news to ask who said 'yeah I suppose it's nice to have the old blue passport back'.

That means the thicko's have got what they wanted look, their blue passport. How thick, how stupid, how gullible.

How ironic 

2 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

He means the 3 people they found on the news to ask who said 'yeah I suppose it's nice to have the old blue passport 

I actually haven't watched the news last couple of days mate so I am not sure how many people they have interviewed. I am basing my opinions on the views of a number of people I know, social media and the fact that a national newspaper campaigned on this and is rejoicing in it as some kind of victory. To top it off our PM is playing to this crowd.

I am not lumping in all Breixteers here as being dim and if it comes across like that then I apologise. In fact there are likely to be remainers who think the colour of a passport matters and is worth rejoicing about.

Edited by markavfc40

It is amusing how there are rarely comments made by brexiteers in this thread making positive  comments about the apparent positives of leaving the EU. 

Rather only tediously defending their side's buffoonery. 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It is amusing how there are rarely comments made by brexiteers in this thread making positive  comments about the apparent positives of leaving the EU. 

Why comment when you have won is what some of them might be thinking?

Maybe one for the Tory thread but relevant.

The only thing saving Tories from oblivion right now is brexit.

When you think about it, brexit isn't worth anywhere near the headlines, the division, the airtime, or the attention it gets. It's essentially just negotiating some trade deals to alter our political state. It should be mind-numbingly boring and best left to beaurocrats. To a large number of people who've never been bothered about parliamentary bills and amendments before, even when it was big things that would really affect them, brexit is suddenly all they're concerned about.

That attention is nurtured by the media as that's what the public demands. It's something to talk about in a 24/7 news consumption world.

But for the Tories, it's an absolute godsend.

There are many things that differentiate Labour from Conservative, but brexit isn't and can't be one of them. Neither party can stop it and neither party can propose a 2nd referendum, so the window of differentiation is quite narrow.

Therefore, the more the focus is kept on brexit and away from health, social issues, housing, homelessness, schools, etc, the happier the Tories are and the less people see any difference between the 2. 

Without brexit, Tories would be skewered with their record, but for leavers and remainers, leaving or remaining has become the only issue they're prepared to pay attention to.

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Exactly! We'll all be bathing in milk and honey in 15 months time so we may as well kick back, relax and enjoy the ride!

According to some we won’t have any milk and honey so we will have to bath in kettle chips instead 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Like hose gullable students who believed “we’ll take care of it “ was a promise to remove student debts 

if you believe gullibility was only invented by the Tory party circa 2010 then I’ve bad news for you 

I'm sure you were in the Labour thread a few weeks ago, having a moan at people bringing up the Tories whenever people criticise Labour...

Â