The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

9 hours ago, darrenm said:

I don't, sorry ;-) it was Bazza

If you'd care to check this link to refresh your memory...

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/14720-should-i-stay-or-should-i-go-now-uk-inout-of-the-eu-contd/?page=375

"I'm genuinely confused by this one. There are loads of people having a meltdown over it but Barry Gardiner (who should know what he's talking about in this respect) says it's a bad amendment. Just not sure who to believe so it'd be great to have someone who's studied the amendment and understands the implications to explain it"

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

If you'd care to check this link to refresh your memory...

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/14720-should-i-stay-or-should-i-go-now-uk-inout-of-the-eu-contd/?page=375

"I'm genuinely confused by this one. There are loads of people having a meltdown over it but Barry Gardiner (who should know what he's talking about in this respect) says it's a bad amendment. Just not sure who to believe so it'd be great to have someone who's studied the amendment and understands the implications to explain it"

Not that it really matters, I was referring to who originally said it was a bad amendment, not who inputted into the conversation afterwards. In the bit you've quoted above, it literally says "Barry Gardiner says it's a bad amendment"

18 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Not that it really matters, I was referring to who originally said it was a bad amendment, not who inputted into the conversation afterwards. In the bit you've quoted above, it literally says "Barry Gardiner says it's a bad amendment"

You then go on to say "it would be great...to have someone explain it".

Which as I then did and you thanked me for doing so, doesn't suggest I was out of line in claiming to have told you what you repeated back to me yesterday.

53 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You then go on to say "it would be great...to have someone explain it".

Which as I then did and you thanked me for doing so, doesn't suggest I was out of line in claiming to have told you what you repeated back to me yesterday.

I had forgotten it was discussed in this thread so thanks for the reminder.

"Prime Minister - you know all those rules that the EU have written down in all those big long documents that we haven't read? Well, they're only going and bloody sticking to them!

Yours, 

David Davis, Master Negotiator"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It shows just how thick and incompetent he is in that he has highlighted the fact that the EU is preparing for any eventuality, in this case specifically one he has been threatening since day one with his no deal is better than a bad deal bollocks, where has he/we are totally unprepared. He has simply highlighted his own failings. 

I am both amazed and saddened that we have this idiot heading up our negotiations.

Edited by markavfc40

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Trouble is Blair only represented his interests so it just makes him look a hypocrite as well as a smarmy war criminal 

You could say the first part about a great number of politicians these days though.  Look at the Johnson clan/Toby Young fiasco.  Philip May is walking round with a dirty arse as well, so it'd be improbable to think his Mrs isn't looking out for their combined interests.

One thing that did strike me watching him speak is how much of a leadership figure he came across as.  Authoritative and commanding, I can imagine he'd inspire confidence if you worked for him.

That doesn't excuse anything he got up to, but he certainly carried a lot more authority than Cameron or May.  Although to be fair, Frank Spencer carried more authority than "Mrs May".

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

You could say the first part about a great number of politicians these days though.  Look at the Johnson clan/Toby Young fiasco.  Philip May is walking round with a dirty arse as well, so it'd be improbable to think his Mrs isn't looking out for their combined interests.

One thing that did strike me watching him speak is how much of a leadership figure he came across as.  Authoritative and commanding, I can imagine he'd inspire confidence if you worked for him.

That doesn't excuse anything he got up to, but he certainly carried a lot more authority than Cameron or May.  Although to be fair, Frank Spencer carried more authority than "Mrs May".

all politicians arguably  ...( cue the Fan boys saying Corbyn is different :) )

But yeah Blair understood the game and played it very well .. but I thought Cameron was of a similar Ilk to Blair , in that he was a capable of knocking out a decent speech when it came down to it   ? style over substance sort of thing

I have to say when I met Cameron he's kinda quite impressive in the flesh , very relaxed , friendly , chatty etc .. then again I'd sorta expect that from a politician  ... I'm not sure I'd have wanted to be around Cameron in a crises as I'd imagine he'd just be running a round in circles and still managing to get lost

P.s Fairly sue Philip May is clean , the blog that claimed otherwise was proven to be about as reliable as Micah Richards

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

It's alright everyone, we've sent a parade of Brexit clearings in the woods to meet notably French politician Michel Barnier with a hamper including some cheddar and sparkling wine. And some Shakespeare.

'kin hell.

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's alright everyone, we've sent a parade of Brexit clearings in the woods to meet notably French politician Michel Barnier with a hamper including some cheddar and sparkling wine. And some Shakespeare.

'kin hell.

lets hope  we stick a label on the sparkling wine calling it English Champagne just to really piss him off

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Chindie said:

'kin hell.

While Messers Davis and Hammond are off in Germany telling everyone how silly it would be to do anything that might make it harder for financial services firms to operate.

Demonstrating a massive lack of self-awareness, in Davis's case at least.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

While Messers Davis and Hammond are off in Germany telling everyone how silly it would be to do anything that might make it harder for financial services firms to operate.

Demonstrating a massive lack of self-awareness, in Davis's case at least.

Apparently somebody from the German delegation described it as the latest episode in the british 'cake and eat it' sitcom.

It's almost like those devious euro cheats are reading our newspapers and social media.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Apparently somebody from the German delegation described it as the latest episode in the british 'cake and eat it' sitcom.

It's almost like those devious euro cheats are reading our newspapers and social media.

The other amusing irony is that their current tactic is basically "if you don't let us keep things as they are then you are risking political and economic instability".

Or, the exact sentiment that was so widely mocked by the same people in June 2016 who are now using it.

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

'kin hell.

Full contents of the hamper are supposed to be as follows 

...Christ.

I mean... For **** sake. The idea is bad enough in the first place but that is the best they could do? PG Tips? Biography of Churchill? It's like a joke.

Edited by Chindie
  • Haha 2

Â