Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well there we go folks, a flavour of the scintillating repartee you can expect if you move to the old East Riding :P

Comes from the old Norse 

Used to be thriding meaning third so there was only ever East North and South Yorkshire 

West Yorkshire is a recent thing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We were never getting the fee some fans were expecting last summer, in the end we should be grateful for a million

Good luck to him anyway, sadly his lack of goals will work against him

where does it say a million?

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We were never getting the fee some fans were expecting last summer, in the end we should be grateful for a million

Good luck to him anyway, sadly his lack of goals will work against him

His goals per minutes last 2 loan spells was okay if not spectacular. It seems like staying fit will always be the problem.

• Like 1

Interesting to reflect on his development: I wonder if bulking him up exacerbated his injury problems: when he broke through he was a totally different build. I know his body matured, but his approach to the game changed seemingly overnight. 

Maybe the injuries and the different managers he worked under also prevented him from establishing the sort of player he would be. 

At 25, I hope he has settled on his style and can make a position his own at another club. 

Regardless: One more highlights reel for the road, before this thread gets moved to other football:

• Like 1

Ridiculous we were apparently quoting 10m for Kienan last year. That would've been a brilliant move for him given his popularity after promotion. Wonder who out of Gerrard and Purslow thought that was clever and then we had to loan him out again two months later.

Hull have had a decent start and Aaron Connolly has scored a couple. He looked a big talent at Brighton 2-3 years ago so that could be a really interesting combination if both can stay fit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Interesting to reflect on his development: I wonder if bulking him up exacerbated his injury problems: when he broke through he was a totally different build. I know his body matured, but his approach to the game changed seemingly overnight. 

Maybe the injuries and the different managers he worked under also prevented him from establishing the sort of player he would be. 

At 25, I hope he has settled on his style and can make a position his own at another club. 

Regardless: One more highlights reel for the road, before this thread gets moved to other football:

IIRC Bruce kept playing him while he had an injury at one point

Just watched that video and 4 of those clips are Andre Green 😂

Edited by villan95
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ridiculous we were apparently quoting 10m for Kienan last year. That would've been a brilliant move for him given his popularity after promotion. Wonder who out of Gerrard and Purslow thought that was clever and then we had to loan him out again two months later.

Hull have had a decent start and Aaron Connolly has scored a couple. He looked a big talent at Brighton 2-3 years ago so that could be a really interesting combination if both can stay fit.

They have Estupinan who seems decent too and Delap who is a decent prospect. That's why I was a bit surprised they want Davis.

I rated him and think he would’ve been better than Wes or Samatta in our first season. He could’ve done a job after that as well. I think his injuries prevented him from improving to the next level and right now our needs are totally different. I really wish him the best and good career. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The word apparently is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â