Keinan Davis

a-k

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The word apparently is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting there. 

Indeed. Ultimately, with Forest out of the picture and Watford not making promotion during his loan, no other Championship was going to be anywhere near those kinds of figures. Nothing it against Keinan, but a low fee gets his wages off the books and gives him some game time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

on a side note, jacob tanswell seems to be getting a fair few exclusives. more than gregg evans got anyway.

He's doing well, but it could be Tommy Jordan getting him access for now in his first few weeks to get a key new press relationship on side. 

Agree he's doing pretty well though and seems to be really throwing himself in at the deep end, be interesting to see if he becomes the new Percy with relation to ongoing exclusives from the club

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

on a side note, jacob tanswell seems to be getting a fair few exclusives. more than gregg evans got anyway.

Certainly seems to be an upgrade on him.

Is this 2m total (after add ons) or 2m plus add ons?

E.g. Initial 1m, additional 1m after 50 games? Or 2m to start with and more payments if add on clauses are met?

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I like Jacob. He's been doing some good reporting. Had a big exclusive with McGinn on the weekend too. 

• Like 1

The reality is there’s a huge financial gap between the Premier League and the Championship and will continue to grow. The reported fees for Davis are simply unrealistic for most teams there. It’s better to get him off the books and playing football elsewhere. A low fee is best for both parties.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

The word apparently is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting there. 

He did brilliantly on loan there, why wouldn't they look to get him back so I'd say it's a fair assumption they enquired for a permanent deal and we quoted them a fee they didn't want to pay.

Then signed Dennis from Watford who has a similar profile to Kienan and now he can't even make their bench.

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Indeed. Ultimately, with Forest out of the picture and Watford not making promotion during his loan, no other Championship was going to be anywhere near those kinds of figures. Nothing it against Keinan, but a low fee gets his wages off the books and gives him some game time. 

Last summer though his stock was much higher playing a decent amount in team getting automatic promotion.

Seems we stalled for a few weeks, Forest moved on to their many other targets and then we had to do last minute loan with Watford.

Perhaps wages were an issue but considering what Forest were paying their backups like Lingard I can't believe that was a deal stopper.

39 minutes ago, ender4 said:

My guess is the £2m now and if Hull get promoted then an extra £5m.

Yeah I think promotion bonus with JPB too. 

It's the only way tbh. They can't afford to pay the fee we need as they're in Championship. So we do these deals where we get X if they're promoted 

Â