Keinan Davis

a-k

Just now, nick76 said:

In all seriousness I hope he does well there and turns it into a permanent move.

I know you do.

Its one thing saying what you think will happen, and another saying what you want to happen.

We all want him to do well Nick, I know that.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know you do.

Its one thing saying what you think will happen, and another saying what you want to happen.

We all want him to do well Nick, I know that.

I just hope he stays fit and doesn’t get an injury.  For his own sake he needs 15-20 run of games.  Injury is the main concern.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2020 at 08:19, useless said:

I think Davis is one of our technically better players has close control, can go past players, rarely gives the ball away, can hold onto it in tight situations and so on, this idea that he's just some sort of battering ram isn't true. He's one of the most dependable players we've got with the ball at their feet.

I've quoted this post as a treat for the Nottingham Forest fans reading this thread... Steve Cooper is one of the best young managers in the game and has worked with some of the best young English players in the country, he knows a good player when he sees one.

36 minutes ago, useless said:
On 27/09/2020 at 08:19, useless said:

I think Davis is one of our technically better players has close control, can go past players, rarely gives the ball away, can hold onto it in tight situations and so on, this idea that he's just some sort of battering ram isn't true. He's one of the most dependable players we've got with the ball at their feet.

I've quoted this post as a treat for the Nottingham Forest fans reading this thread... Steve Cooper is one of the best young managers in the game and has worked with some of the best young English players in the country, he knows a good player when he sees one.

Don’t need to lie to the Forest fans, they’ll quickly see how poor Davis is.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

To be honest, I think it's a poor signing for Forest. He can do a job for a Championship side, but is he the answer for mid table team trying to make up the gap to the play off spots? Absolutely not, IMO. 

• Like 1

If he stays fit he will have a good career in the top two divisions, he's way to good to be playing at a level any lower than that. It's very rare that he plays poorly for us, usually always looks decent, he's not been a good goalscorer, but he's a very good footballer, and given a run of games I'd expect his goal scoring record to improve, probably won't ever be prolific, but certainly I think his current record is misleading given he's only been given ten or twenty minutes here and there, so hasn't really been able to develop rhythm or develop and understanding with teammates.

Will be one of Forest's best, if not their best player, so on that basis will be a good signing for them, expect to see the likes of Mighten, Lolley, and Fraser improve when they play alongside him, as he's very good and bringing out the best in other attacking players.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, useless said:

If he stays fit he will have a good career in the top two divisions, he's way to good to be playing at a level any lower than that.

Never a PL player…lower half Championship player

It's very rare that he plays poorly for us, usually always looks decent

I would say it is the opposite.

he's not been a good goalscorer

Something we agree on

but he's a very good footballer

for a lower half championship club or top league one club

and given a run of games I'd expect his goal scoring record to improve

Couldn’t get any worse

probably won't ever be prolific

I hear you…probably won’t even be respectable

so hasn't really been able to develop rhythm or develop and understanding with his feet

FTFY

Will be one of Forest's best

bench warmers…

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

It's pretty pathetic the way you respond to any post praising Davis.

It’s a forum to debate opinions, that’s what we are here for isn’t it.  You give an opinion and I reply to it…it’s only pathetic to you if you disagree with my view.

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Lol are people really saying Davis is a League One player? 

Yep, bottom half of the Championship, top half of League One player!  He’s got lucky getting the Forest loan but good luck to him.

He's almost certainly played his last game for us given the way we've progressed.

As others have said though I really hope he has a great career.

The likes of Rotherham should they get promoted, or any lower Championship team would really suit him.

• Like 1

He could do well at Forest. He's as good as there is with his back to goal, he can hold a ball up really well and I think if you've got a poacher like Grabban around him and you use him properly he can really make a difference. I wouldn't expect him to score ten goals in the twenty games of his loan, if they're hoping for a goalscorer they're likely to be disappointed, but I might expect Grabban to get a few more than he has been and he might help Forest push to the playoffs.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Yep, bottom half of the Championship, top half of League One player!  He’s got lucky getting the Forest loan but good luck to him.

Wow, ok bud I’ll leave you to that one I couldn’t disagree more. 

Im not convinced Davis will ever be a PL player but I think this is a great move to see exactly if he has what it takes. 

Forest are doing really well atm but let’s be honest, if he can’t get a run of games and outperform Lewis Grabban then there will be further question marks. 

Getting a move last summer icing him a full season would have been ideal, even so, these next few months could determine his level. 

Â