Keinan Davis

a-k

12 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

All this talk of stats is skewed by those championship appearances. 

i bet his xG isnt far of his aG based on starts. 

Remember his first start under Bruce against Norwich? 

How is it skewed by the Championship appearances? 

Just now, MrSmirch said:

How many of those 28 & 18 champ and prem apps were starts

I’ve no idea. I get the point that sub appearances reduce the minutes and inflate the number of games so negatively impacting stats. However the counter point to that is that as a striker you have to be effective to start games, he isn’t.

If he was then he would have started more games particularly in the Championship.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve no idea. I get the point that sub appearances reduce the minutes and inflate the number of games so negatively impacting stats. However the counter point to that is that as a striker you have to be effective to start games, he isn’t.

If he was then he would have started more games particularly in the Championship.

Well the whole 5 goals in 70 is a bit off target i think. Do we not think he effects games? I didn't see the game the other night but i had a bet on stoke, it’s a few games we don’t need. Compared to Samagoal after project restart last year i thought he was 2x the player and far more capable of effecting games.

Very few players are born to score goals, Vardy , Saunders, Bent , Benteke , Kane , Shearer ......the list goes on and on....... They do little else. Davies does lots of stuff really well but he's never ever going to score 10+ goals a season in the premier league.

He needs to drop a division or change where he plays. He's good enough to do that from what I have seen. Strong in possession, keeps it simple under pressure and is a neat and tidy player and that's at premier level,l,........ but he's not born to score . We cannot rely on him as a striker who can score enough goals to keep us in the premier league .......if Ollie gets injured we are as good as down or very close.  

16 hours ago, av1 said:

The easiest way to reduce the risk mate is by signing another striker that can score goals. 

Davis will not consistently score at any level. 

I am not defending his scoring record, because i know its an issue that needs fixing.....but being devils advocate how many goals does Firmino score?

I am not saying Keinan is on par with him, just saying there is other benefits to a forward too.....he has signed a 3 year contract so presumably he is staying with us....he needs to be playing with players who can score goals until he starts himself, if he ever does.

He hasn't cost us anything other than wages, so we can have the benefit of the doubt......I am not saying, we shouldn't sign another striker, but i don't think we will.

We are just witnessing the emergence of Dominc calvert- Lewin, who I have had my eye on for a while.....I am not saying Keinan is as good as him by any stretch, but he could find something and emerge from the darkness.....I just happen to think it is possible......but that is not ignoring your views either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2020 at 12:38, Tomaszk said:

Only one man in the squad for the 7-2 and the 0-6 thumping in 2016.

Young Keinan watched on from the bench in both.

Not really done anything of note in between? Wasn’t in the squad last night, no recognised striker on the bench is worry. Injured? He seems to be made of chocolate if so. Worrying if we pick up any injuries to Watkins.

It's not clever to write a striker off for lack of goals when his general play is good, and he doesn't get regular time on the pitch. The OGS types are few and far between. 

Lots of strikers struggle getting their first goals, but after that the weight drops, and many become great strikers cause they have more in their locker than just scoring. Just like Keinan. 

I remember a young lad at Everton who had great hold up play, but couldn't score for toffee. Everyone at all clubs made fun of him, incl. Everton fans. He was the anti goal. Everton stuck by him, gave him lots and lots of minutes and this month he was capped for England and won PotM. 

It's hard to know when it clicks. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's not clever to write a striker off for lack of goals when his general play is good, and he doesn't get regular time on the pitch. The OGS types are few and far between. 

Lots of strikers struggle getting their first goals, but after that the weight drops, and many become great strikers cause they have more in their locker than just scoring. Just like Keinan. 

I remember a young lad at Everton who had great hold up play, but couldn't score for toffee. Everyone at all clubs made fun of him, incl. Everton fans. He was the anti goal. Everton stuck by him, gave him lots and lots of minutes and this month he was capped for England and won PotM. 

It's hard to know when it clicks. 

is that a pun.

but I do agree.

I think one thing we sometimes do overlook is ....to score regularly, you have to be doing more than one thing right.

scoring goals requires many things to be carried out correctly.....sure there are many different types of strikers, but they have to be doing more than one thing right.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

I'm a big fan of Keinan so I'm not very objective in this thread, but I think he's some what unfairly treated in terms of goals as well. Often he's had chances people refer to like they were easy to score, like the slider against whoever we had in the cup, when he came sliding on back back post. Everyone in the match thread and on here afterwards talked about it like it was the easiest thing in the world to convert. But in reality it was a pretty difficult ball to get to. 

Not saying he's a great goalscorer by any stretch, but there's reflecting on that part of his game fairly and unfairly, and I'm not sure that's done very well on this forum. 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm a big fan of Keinan so I'm not very objective in this thread, but I think he's some what unfairly treated in terms of goals as well. Often he's had chances people refer to like they were easy to score, like the slider against whoever we had in the cup, when he came sliding on back back post. Everyone in the match thread and on here afterwards talked about it like it was the easiest thing in the world to convert. But in reality it was a pretty difficult ball to get to. 

Not saying he's a great goalscorer by any stretch, but there's reflecting on that part of his game fairly and unfairly, and I'm not sure that's done very well on this forum. 

I like the lad too.....but I would never expect to win an argument/debate on a forward who doesn't score goals.....eventually, you have to do what it says on the tin.

its much like a goal keeper that keeps conceding goals, but is good at crosses and with goal kicks....its not enough.

Having this guy as our backup "forward" is a major problem. We need another striker because as it is, we only have Ollie in the first team squad. Going into the season with one striker is negligent at best. 

Whatever it is that Davis does, isn't good enough for the Premier League and wasn't good enough for the Championship either given his scoring record down there. 

Surely there's someone we could bring in that knows how to score goals?

Davis may make it in the Championship, not as a goalscorer of course but as a hold up player. 

I'm not even convinced he would score goals in League 1 tbh.

We need to replace him if we are to have any designs on a top 10 finish as Ollie will miss games/be out form now and again, yet we cannot afford to play Davis in his stead.

You may as well bring back Alan Hutton and play him up front. In fact Hutton scores more goals so maybe not a bad idea....

Edited by One For The Road

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Surely there's someone we could bring in that knows how to score goals?

Traore has excellent record at CF but most people can't be bothered to look it up to use canard that we haven't signed a back up striker 

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Traore has excellent record at CF but most people can't be bothered to look it up to use canard that we haven't signed a back up striker 

Probably because he has not either played up front OR scored a goal in any of his brief appearances for us so far.

We need another out and out striker and Traore isn't it.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Probably because he has not either played up front OR scored a goal in any of his brief appearances for us so far.

We need another out and out striker and Traore isn't it.

He has for other clubs. What's your point?

Â