Keinan Davis

a-k

Another good performance. Hopefully he'll get his first goal soon. Such a good outlet when we're under the cosh and link up play looks good too. The ball he played to CH for an Elmo chance in the first half was excellent.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Allows us to build attacks. Why did we replace him for Hogan, someone who doesn't help us build anything?

I agree with most things you're saying at the moment DC, but not this one. To get the most out of Hogan he needs to play off and around a hold up striker like Davis. 

I would start the two players as a pair and let them develop a bit of an understanding. Goals will come if the two of them form a partnership.

Ps : On second thoughts I see what you're saying. Putting on Hogan and at the same time taking off Davis did not make sense.  Hogan is ineffective with no hold up man to play off.

First half hr struggled, but then we were launching the ball no where near him. When we actually started playing a bit of football higher up the pitch. He looked better and started to hold the ball up more as well as looking for the lay off.

Was blowing out of his arse again at 60 minutes and should have been brought off earlier.

Is going to be up and down in his performances due to his age, but certainly looks to be a bright prospect. Only thing I'd say is that he doesn't look a goal scorer, but will enable others to score (ala Heskey)

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Bruce confirmed in the press conference that Davis starts today. I've had a quid on him as first goal scorer :)

Interesting to see how snodgrass and Davis link up - was too isolated at Bristol but hopefully we play on the front foot today and it would be great to see the lad score .

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Interesting to see how snodgrass and Davis link up - was too isolated at Bristol but hopefully we play on the front foot today and it would be great to see the lad score .

I think Davis starting is the right decision and I think that we will see him grow as a player a lot this year. He's only played, is it 3, senior games so I'm not expecting him to be the saviour of AVFC (yet!)... but it would be great for him and us if he got a goal. Or even a repeat of his Norwich performance.

Sorry but Bruce is wrong by continuing to rely upon Davis as a lone striker. 

He's young and inexperienced without needing the added pressure of Bruce pinning his hopes on him to get us on the scoresheet.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

We just can't rely on him to be our #1 this season which is completely fine. I like Davis. He has potential and works with the team, but he needs to be Kodjia's back up. Davis should be the guy coming off the bench when we go long ball. We shouldn't be bringing Hogan on and Davis coming off when every single game our late game tactics are to just "pump it deep". Makes zero sense. 

• Like 3

I really don't think this kid is good enough. I'm not usually one for picking on the kids but he really is awful. Other than being able to hold the ball up, what does he actually do? 

Hes never in the box. His fitness is awful. He just provides no threat at all. 

keeping him on tonight for as long as we did vs 10 man really hampered us. 

He just simply won't score. 

The most frustrating player I have watched for a while. 

• Like 1

In the Norwich game he was an outlet that allowed us to hold onto the ball, but since then we have done nothing. Our offense and general game play is just as bad with Davis in the XI as it was with him out of the XI. 

Our problems go much deeper than a striker not working with the formation. We've now tried Davis, Hogan, and Gabby up top and none have been long term solutions. 

Kodjia seems to be the only player to work, but that is mostly down to the fact that Kodjia is ridiculously good at this level. 

Bruce needs to sort this out asap.

• Like 1

Â