Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not playing tomorrow and will play Friday. Can't post link as it's on Facebook, but it's in an article from Birmingham mail 

Sensible. Would have been ridiculous asking him to do 3 games in 6 days. 

• Like 2

Nope, though I do think that is quite the hypothetical! When Kodja is fit again, I think regardless of how we're doing he'll have a few sub appearances first, and assuming we get past Wigan tomorrow - a cup match. Davis is also a young lad so isn't going to be on fire all the time, indeed for me that performance came out of nowhere compared to what he's shown before. So very big if's for now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

What is his goal scoring record like in the u23's ? - I've not hear much so i'm guessing it isn't great, surprising he looked like he could be full of goals on Saturday.

According to transfermarkt, 6 goals and 8 assists in 28 u23 games.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Completely hypothetical scenario but if he starts next few games and we win them all comfortably. Does Kodija still go straight back in to the team? 

If he continues to play as good as he did against Norwich then Kodjia definitely needs to bide his time and take a chance to knock Keinan (or someone else) off the team sheet.

I saw someone on the previous page saying that Kodjia wasn't at his best when he played out wide. But I seem to remember it differently. I thought he scored quite a few from a wide position last season? If so, then Davis up top with Kodjia on the left wing could be a pretty good idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

If he continues to play as good as he did against Norwich then Kodjia definitely needs to bide his time and take a chance to knock Keinan (or someone else) off the team sheet.

I saw someone on the previous page saying that Kodjia wasn't at his best when he played out wide. But I seem to remember it differently. I thought he scored quite a few from a wide position last season? If so, then Davis up top with Kodjia on the left wing could be a pretty good idea.

Nope, he was utterly dreadful from my recollection! Couldn't spot a pass, always looking inside and easily pushed out the game.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nope, he was utterly dreadful from my recollection! Couldn't spot a pass, always looking inside and easily pushed out the game.

Yep. He's not a wide player even if he did score a few. 

I strongly believe your best goal scorer should play down the middle. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm glad we "missed out" on Gallagher, Davis will do the job IMO, plus we have plenty of strikers to rotate and provide 'competition'.

Will save us money now, and in the future too, I have a good feeling that Davis and RHM could be the future of our strikeforce.

We can use the money saved in other areas.

Re: Kodjia, he will be coming back from a long injury so will have to be eased in, and people shouldn't be surprised if he is not at the level he was for some time to come.

Play Hogan etc in the cups.

• Like 1

i'm on holiday in Majorca, so only seen highlights.....but what i did see this lad impressed me.

he had many chances and assists, but its his leading of the line that impressed me, bringing everyone in.

could be a real asset.

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image result for ooh big shot meme

On a serious note though.

Davis was absolutely immense.

just letting you know my faith is not waning.....genuine reason for not going.

.....you tinker:)

but I'm back now to cloudy ole Brum.

• Like 1

I've been trolled all morning by some Villa page called the Villa Bible (with a Lad Bible-style logo :unsure:), because I suggested that Davis is rested tonight and is played on Friday.

It's nice to come back on VillaTalk and see talk of common sense!

...Imagine that, with the emergence of Twitter, VillaTalk is now the place to come to see common sense. What a scary world we live in! :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Completely hypothetical scenario but if he starts next few games and we win them all comfortably. Does Kodija still go straight back in to the team? 

Horrible to have options right. I think they'd compliment each other and terrorise defences

• Like 1

I know Bruce will never be a great like Alex Ferguson but maybe just maybe Keinan Davis is Villa's version of Mark Robins (Robins scored against Forest in 1990 in League Cup final that saved Fergie from getting the sack) and hopefully for now Bruce has turned it around and hopefully we go on a winning streak now.

Edited by Villan4Life

Â