Keinan Davis

a-k

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

This guy is going to get Forest promoted for the first time in a billion years.

Bump me in 3 months.

Almost did it for us too in 2018. I think we'd have been in the Championship for a couple of years longer if he didn't come to the fore in early 2017 and turn our season around. 

Is Delano’s treatment of him one of his biggest mistakes? He barely got a sniff under him and largely stagnated as a result…

I get that he had niggly injuries/confidence issues but we played absolute dross like Wesley for months on end even when keinan was fit

Edited by JPJCB

4 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Is Delano’s treatment of him one of his biggest mistakes? He barely got a sniff under him and largely stagnated as a result…

I get that he had niggly injuries/confidence issues but we played absolute dross like Wesley for months on end even when keinan was fit

Yes it seems he was afraid to start him instead of a 22m striker. Same goes with Samatta (although he started him a few games, but again Samatta started more, while didn’t have any shot bar one in his games, while Keinan used to have a nice impact each game).

• Like 1

On 22/02/2022 at 16:04, Made In Aston said:

You say that but he is on his 9th consecutive game at Forest. More then he ever managed at Villa without getting injured. We do seem to get more then an average amount of injuries and I'm starting to think it's something to do with the training or medical department. 

I think it’s more like… if you don’t play for ages, then you play, you pick up an injury. Same at the amateur level. If you have a run, your basic condition is a bit more solid.

I know they train every day so it seems illogical but there’s nothing like a match.

• Like 1

It’s a shame for him how it worked out with us for whatever reason but even if we had him back, he still wouldn’t be starting so it’s just nice that his career seems to be finally taking off and he’s found a club that are a good fit. I hope they want to keep him and we get a decent sum of money for him. 

• Like 1

He would be great to come on for those games when we are being battered, and need to push opposition back and/or try to keep the ball higher up the pitch.

Unfortunately, we can only have so many players, his injuries have historically come at the worst times for him to have opportunity here.

The amount of times I've seen Ollie bullied or the ball not stick this season is testament.

Someone like Keinan up front could sometimes allow the other strikers protection and provide balls to run into.

• Like 2

watched him again last night & in my opinion, he has found his level now. Useful in attack build ups but still doesn't have the split second strikers' instinct that makes such a difference and i am more hopeful that he'd score than expectant.

Shame really, as I was brought up on the bustling no.9 type player aka Peter Withe and i would love for KD to emulate his scoring record, but it just doesn't seem likely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s a shame for him how it worked out with us for whatever reason but even if we had him back, he still wouldn’t be starting so it’s just nice that his career seems to be finally taking off and he’s found a club that are a good fit. I hope they want to keep him and we get a decent sum of money for him. 

With Watkins and Ings form right now, I think he'd have a chance at pushing himself into contention.

You would think Gerrard is keeping tabs and will assess in the summer. He would be a great option off the bench for us at the moment.

Love watching him bully the opposition hopefully adds a few more goals.  Should all get to see him play Monday night in The Cup.

I actually think Keinan Davis is brilliant footballer.

Everytime I've watched him this season he's been one of the best players on the pitch. His hold up play is fantastic, and he's a lot more skilful than he looks.

No he's not the goalscoring striker that everyone craves, but what he does is links up the play, creates situations and holds the ball up for the team. It's what Heskey used to do for England and Liverpool, it's what Firminho does to an extent for Liverpool now. If you can get the quality around him, he can be the player that brings it all together.

For me we could do with a player like Keinan right now, with Buendia and Coutinho playing off him; with Bailey, Watkins and Ings as options to feed off him. It's exactly what we have missed recently with balls bouncing off our strikers shins.

• Like 4

When Keinan did his fancy turn and dribble, it really looked like he had added to his game, since his famous exhilarating performance for Villa against Norwich (August 19th 2017), which won us over.

I think it is well worth reminding those who choose to right him off and do him down, that Villa legend Peter Withe didn't hit his stride until he was 27, when he joined Forest, and arguably reached his peak at 29, when he joined Villa.

It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll.

13 hours ago, JPJCB said:

We should've loaned him out at start of 2019 season imo.

Back then we'd just signed Wes who pretty much played every minute for first 3 months and even though DS didn't rate Kodj much he was still around as sort of back up.

This just shows how slow we've been loaning out players in last 5 years, Calum O'Hare was another example so they stagnate here and really cease as viable first team options.

At least with likes of Barry and Kesler we've got them out early.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He would be great to come on for those games when we are being battered, and need to push opposition back and/or try to keep the ball higher up the pitch.

Unfortunately, we can only have so many players, his injuries have historically come at the worst times for him to have opportunity here.

The amount of times I've seen Ollie bullied or the ball not stick this season is testament.

Someone like Keinan up front could sometimes allow the other strikers protection and provide balls to run into.

Yes agree, I think everyone thinks of sub strikers as changing the game when you’re 1-0 down but actually I see his best asset being if we were protecting a lead and getting pushed back. 

37 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He’s a complete striker but without the goals.

So not the complete striker then? 

I’m a billionaire but without the billion pounds

• Haha 1

Â