Keinan Davis

a-k

I think he'd have made it as a Premier League striker if he was playing in the 90s and early 2000s. He'd be brilliant if he had a strike partner to play with but the style and formations have changed a lot over the years and I think he's just not suited for how a lot of teams want to play these days. 

His problem was always he picks up niggly injuries he can't shift and he's not a finisher. If he can stay fit and get a bit more of that striker instinct he'll eat the Championship for breakfast, because his ability with the ball when not striking it and his strength, pace, work ethic and selfless play will break teams apart.

It's an if though. It would be great if he can make it, and he barring the 2 question marks against him he probably could do a job in the bottom half of the Prem. He always struck me as being a more dynamic Heskey in the making, I imagine he's great to play off if you're more of a finisher who doesn't want to do the dirty work.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think he'd have made it as a Premier League striker if he was playing in the 90s and early 2000s. He'd be brilliant if he had a strike partner to play with but the style and formations have changed a lot over the years and I think he's just not suited for how a lot of teams want to play these days. 

I get your point, but Ings and Watkins are doing no better and Lukaku, Haaland and Giroud ( who are all 90's style) are still doing their stuff today, not to mention Dzeko.

I think, it doesn't matter if you are 6'4 or 5'6......its all about scoring....and finding that way to do it....each has their own Modus Operandi.

Each player will find their own way of beating their opponent, whether its by pace, stealth, vision, reading the game, or physicality.....all methods have been used over the years.

The present trend ( usually influenced by the top teams) seems to be the false 9 or a more diminuitive player....that doesn't mean it will be the case on going.

The better teams have players who can do many things....having a player who can hold the ball up, is great, but on its own is not enough, they have to score a reasonable amount of goals.

right now, the criticism of Keinan, could so easily be levelled at Danny and Ollie, because they are not scoring goals either.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Forest fans are talking about him being an absolute world beater and the best signing they've made in years. The same goes for Cameron Archer.
And here we are, bemoaning the strikers still at our club!

The quality of defender in the Prem is far superior to the Championship.....when they do it with us, is the time to get excited.

However, baby steps......Its great they are at least doing it, and that has to be an excellent sign.

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

His problem was always he picks up niggly injuries he can't shift and he's not a finisher. If he can stay fit and get a bit more of that striker instinct he'll eat the Championship for breakfast, because his ability with the ball when not striking it and his strength, pace, work ethic and selfless play will break teams apart.

It's an if though. It would be great if he can make it, and he barring the 2 question marks against him he probably could do a job in the bottom half of the Prem. He always struck me as being a more dynamic Heskey in the making, I imagine he's great to play off if you're more of a finisher who doesn't want to do the dirty work.

As you say, staying clear of injuries, is the biggest task.

The momentum, he will gain from playing games and in a dynamic side, anything can happen.

so far, so good...fingers crossed, he can turn the corner.

12 minutes ago, meregreen said:

If Keinan  Davies is a success at Forest, and I hope he is, then fine, he’s found his level. Where we hope to be, is way above that. Time for him, and us, to move on.

I wish the same kind of logic could be applied to our midfield, too.

Edited by TRO

42 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Did players play injured in the 90's and 2000's ?

Because injuries, have actually been the biggest problem Keinan has had.

He's always gotten injured at a terrible time, opportunity wise for himself.

He has pace, power, can play with his back to goal, provide for others etc and good footwork, what is the " non suit " to the way teams want to play these days?

The biggest gripe/argument people can make about him, is with regards to his finishing ability, but physically as a footballer, there are little other great arguments IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

With how we are playing now he would be perfect . Ramsey Coutinho and Buendia playing off Davis would in my biased head be incredible. He would never get bullied out of a game . 

But then my balanced head gets put back on and there is no way he would be able to play in the prem like he is in the Champ.

So the jury is still out but i hope that he turns into our number 9 ( but not at the expense of Archer who would i believe with his fine finishing really thrive on Phil and Emi thru balls .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

With how we are playing now he would be perfect . Ramsey Coutinho and Buendia playing off Davis would in my biased head be incredible. He would never get bullied out of a game . 

But then my balanced head gets put back on and there is no way he would be able to play in the prem like he is in the Champ.

So the jury is still out but i hope that he turns into our number 9 ( but not at the expense of Archer who would i believe with his fine finishing really thrive on Phil and Emi thru balls .

Exactly

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Crazy thought. But Keinan suits our current style of play better than any other forward we have. 

I agree, the ball definitely sticks at him when he gets it rather than bouncing off Watkins nine times out of 10 

Â