Keinan Davis

a-k

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ermmm

Which is just not true plus this is a Davis thread but a dig at Wes for no reason.

What are you talking about? I am comparing one of our strikers to another one of our strikers, do you have a problem with this? 
Are you telling me Wes can do some of the things Davis does in that video? No chance. Davis actually turns and runs at players, heads the ball and pulls out a few skills. 

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What are you talking about? I am comparing one of our strikers to another one of our strikers, do you have a problem with this? 
Are you telling me Wes can do some of the things Davis does in that video? No chance. Davis actually turns and runs at players, heads the ball and pulls out a few skills. 

Haha yes he can and Wes scores goals.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Haha yes he can and Wes scores goals.

And in this team, over 20 games, I think Davis would too. And as a team, we'd actually score more.
Wesley can't head the ball nor can he dribble. What games are you watching? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And in this team, over 20 games, I think Davis would too. And as a team, we'd actually score more.

No evidence Davis would score them goals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He didn’t really score in the championship but he will be able to in the PL, yeah sure!!! 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

When he was 19 and in a different team? 

Oh I see, it was the teams fault and in a lower quality league 😂😂😂 But Wes who is only 14 months older isn’t good enough but by 22 when he’d just joined us he’d 38 goals in 130 games in different countries, different languages and different styles doesn’t get a pass but Davis, at the same club, same language in the same country gets a pass.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Oh I see, it was the teams fault and in a lower quality league 😂😂😂 But Wes who is only 14 months older isn’t good enough but by 22 when he’d just joined us he’d 38 goals in 130 games in different countries, different languages and different styles doesn’t get a pass but Davis, at the same club, same language in the same country gets a pass.

Oh stop with those silly little emoji's, you're an adult (I assume). 
Pass? Who said anything about giving anyone a pass. I don't think Wesley is good enough having seen him play 20 games for us. Based on what I have seen from Davis, I also have question marks about whether he will be good enough but I like what I've seen from him. He has all the attributes to be a decent striker at this level and we will only know if he can add goals to his game if he gets an extended run at this level - which he may never get as he is made of glass.

Based on Wesley's performances this season, I don't think he'd be overly useful at championship level either. Just my opinion of course. 

Its criminal that this kid cant stay fit, he has so much to offer at the business end of the pitch!

I'm not so sure he even needs a loan tbh, as when he comes on he affects games even at this level. 

Just needs time....and a dedicated physio!

11 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Just needs time....and a dedicated physio!

If that's the case then keep playing as soon as he come backs only to be injured again isn't doing him any favours and should have a lengthy period out of football to bring him back in the right way, not because we're desperate for a striker at the time.

Even if Davis wants to play,  it may be not be the best for his recovery. If we want this lad back to proper playing fitness then I suggest that his route to recovery is a slow and thoughtful approach so that Keinan can be the best he can be, as well as have a proper shot somewhere down the line again.

I like Davis, has got great work rate and attitude for the team, but we must get him sorted right in order for him to be his best again. While ever he keeps coming back from injury it may also be in his mind that if he makes the wrong move on the pitch that's it again for a while, which isn't healthy for the mind is it? 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He does things in this clip Wesley couldn't dream of doing. 
And before you say it, yeh yeh, he doesn't score much. 

He's 21, give him a chance. Goals will come in time. 

Now, if only he wasn't always injured...

You wont get the "doesn't score" arguement from me, I think hes a really good player who, if he can develop his killer instinct over the next couple of years  would be almost a complete striker.

But....yeah injuries :(

57 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't see Davis ever being a goalscorer. 

Not the end of the world imo, he does a lot of good that mitigates this. If he can become a 10-12 goal a year striker, in addition to all his other qualities, he'd be some player.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, supermon said:

any information on how bad his injury is?  Was it just a tight hamstring?

Nah it's just been Nick no here for a week telling everyone Davis can't score.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â