Keinan Davis

a-k

I don't think anyone can pass judgement on Davis until he has a season without injuries and plays a substantial amount of games either for us or out on loan to a Championship team. He has shown flashes of promise but the last 18 months he has really be  hampered with the injuries. 

• Like 4

On 06/02/2020 at 23:03, flashingqwerty said:

Nothing on transfer market site or villa site about his latest injury, so presume its nothing serious

PhysioRoom has always been the go to. 

Presuming is a dangerous game, especially when it involves Davis. 

There’s a PL striker in Davis. Lot’s of young players have injuries particularly those of bigger stature who are not yet at full strength. It’s way too early to   write him off yet. I think he will go on to have a decent top flight career.

When he had to go off, I got a similar sinking feeling to hearing of Luc  Nilis's plight.

I still to this day, I think what might have been......now ,that was a signing.

Keinan is still young enough to overcome this....it must be so,so frustrating for the lad.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

There’s a PL striker in Davis. Lot’s of young players have injuries particularly those of bigger stature who are not yet at full strength. It’s way too early to   write him off yet. I think he will go on to have a decent top flight career.

He actually looks bigger and stronger every time he comes back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He actually looks bigger and stronger every time he comes back.

My guess would be Gym time at BMH

Can't train so gets in the gym, light work on injured legs, good work on upper body

That's also why I'd guess gabby and Richards at times looked like tanks, enjoying the canteen and the gym

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My guess would be Gym time at BMH

Can't train so gets in the gym, light work on injured legs, good work on upper body

That's also why I'd guess gabby and Richards at times looked like tanks, enjoying the canteen and the gym

One of the reasons so many players gets injured straight after coming back from injury. Instagram muscle.

Build up unnecessary muscle and gets MSD injuries (or whatever the English term is) because the body is strong in certain areas and the rest of the body is not. And repeat.

Hope the medical team is on top of this kind of behavior.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

One of the reasons so many players gets injured straight after coming back from injury. Instagram muscle.

Build up unnecessary muscle and gets MSD injuries (or whatever the English term is) because the body is strong in certain areas and the rest of the body is not. And repeat.

I think you might be on to something....I have a suspicion, its something like that.

I really hope he makes it, I really like the kid.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Could also be his genetics. But I agree it's a potential problem in football - the ideal footballer physique isn't the same as the ideal Instagram physique, and these are young lads who want to look good.

You notice it a lot in boxing as well. Boxers with lots of cosmetic muscle getting knocked out by leaner, quicker men.

It is something that was definitely a problem at Villa in the MON days - whoever let Gabby get so stacked basically killed his career IMO. But I imagine Purslow is big on a recruitment culture of having qualified experts who actually know what they're doing. Hopefully Keinan is being managed properly in his recovery and his rehab.

In the end, though, if a player decides not to listen, there isn't a lot the club can do.

• Like 2

On 04/02/2020 at 15:59, TRO said:

But its really difficult to have a vision of the future, with a player with such an injury record......its hard to build momentum, with an unreliable player.

Completely agree. 

I thought the kid made a huge difference against Leicester in the semi final the other week, but his injury record and his goalscoring record means that (as bad as this sounds) I simply don't think about him as a striker option. 

If he stays fit and comes good great, but moving forward I think we have to plan without him. 

30 minutes ago, av1 said:

Completely agree. 

I thought the kid made a huge difference against Leicester in the semi final the other week, but his injury record and his goalscoring record means that (as bad as this sounds) I simply don't think about him as a striker option. 

If he stays fit and comes good great, but moving forward I think we have to plan without him. 

It really saddens me to discuss him.....its a criminal shame.

6 hours ago, sne said:

Good point in many cases but does this apply to Keinan too? I am not on social media so only really see it if someone else mentions it. is Keinan even on it? I have never seen a link to anything from him (regarding injury updates, for example).

2 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Good point in many cases but does this apply to Keinan too? I am not on social media so only really see it if someone else mentions it. is Keinan even on it? I have never seen a link to anything from him (regarding injury updates, for example).

No idea, don't do social media either

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

You do wonder if there is a root problem for the kid to keep getting injured but I am not a qualified physio so that is just a guess.

I overheard at the time when Bruce was here from some lad who sat in the trinity (who seemed well connected tbf) that the fitness staff were fuming at Bruce for constantly playing him half injured in such a development stage of his body.

It is starting to ring true now. You play half fit, you adjust your body, your gait, your stance to get away with it and you just end up damaging elsewhere. Soon you are just falling apart

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I overheard at the time when Bruce was here from some lad who sat in the trinity (who seemed well connected tbf) that the fitness staff were fuming at Bruce for constantly playing him half injured in such a development stage of his body.

It is starting to ring true now. You play half fit, you adjust your body, your gait, your stance to get away with it and you just end up damaging elsewhere. Soon you are just falling apart

Knew that was the reason I didn’t get to be a world class footballer, my school gym teacher overplayed me through injury

That’s my story, my excuse and I’m sticking to it 😂😂😜

Â