Keinan Davis

a-k

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think its the only way we get anything out of this game, he doesn't score but everthing sticks , id rather get him fit for leicester though

I think if he is given a run in the team, he will score goals, he has yet to even start a league match. He’s a much better finisher than he is given credit for

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think if he is given a run in the team, he will score goals, he has yet to even start a league match. He’s a much better finisher than he is given credit for

I mean, there's no evidence for ths but I do feel like this will be the case.

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean, there's no evidence for ths but I do feel like this will be the case.

Whenever I saw him for the u18s or the u23s, he had no trouble scoring goals

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes he needs an actual chance something he has never been giving even when fit , not into Wesley bashing but if Keinan was given the same amout of time as him Im sure he would have done as well if not better

• Like 1

He needs to add goals to his game at some point.

Even if you add in Premier League 2 games and PL U21 games he only has 11 in 89. At 22 years old that simply isn't good enough.

If he can avoid injuries it's a big step in the right direction but with so many clubs, us included playing with only 1 central striker he's going to struggle to get starts unless he adds goals.

• Like 2

Since our wingers are shit.

Why not try a diamond with Davis and Samatta up front!

.....................Reina.....................

Elmo......Engels.Mings....Targett

......................Nakamba......................

....................Luiz...Hourihane..............

.......................Jack..........................

..............Samatta..Davis....................

Obviously put's a lot pressure on the fullbacks to provide the width and put in decent crosses which is why i've got Elmo in ahead of Guilbert.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Since our wingers are shit.

Why not try a diamond with Davis and Samatta up front!

.....................Reina.....................

Elmo......Engels.Mings....Targett

......................Nakamba......................

....................Luiz...Hourihane..............

.......................Jack..........................

..............Samatta..Davis....................

Obviously put's a lot pressure on the fullbacks to provide the width and put in decent crosses which is why i've got Elmo in ahead of Guilbert.

I think it would leave us too open on the wings and neither Elmo or Targett are great defenders to start with so faced with an opposition winger and fullback, other teams would just bypass our central midfield and attack down the sides. We see some of that with 433 formation but with the diamond formation that might be even worse.  

I think because we aren’t a strong team that can dominate matches this would be a hard formation for us to get benefit from......but who knows, might be worth a try.

i would just tweak it a bit and play 4312 with Nakamba, Luiz, Conor spread across the midfield and then Jack floating around the front two to go where he wants.

For some extra context... since every 5-10 min cameo goes down as a non-scoring "appearance"... his total minutes at U23 level amount to a shade over 25 full matches (7 goals, 8 assists). And at first team level a shade under 25 full matches (4 goals, 5 assists). Not horrific by any means. Also not sure why his deflected turn-and-shot that Samatta headed home at Bournemouth doesn't seem to have registered as an assist, but what do I know? Anyway, unsurprisingly, I totally agree with those suggesting Davis play in a two with Samatta. The entire Premier League figured out our "isolated frontman" approach ages ago. This would tear it all up and might just give us – for the first time in forever – an element of surprise. 

• Like 2

On 01/03/2020 at 13:56, gwi1890 said:

Yes he needs an actual chance something he has never been giving even when fit , not into Wesley bashing but if Keinan was given the same amout of time as him Im sure he would have done as well if not better

I agree with you to an extent but it’s worrying considering we paid £22m for Wesley and peanuts for Davis, I wouldn’t write either of them off

It completely staggers me that people can't see the potential of Davis. Keep going on about his scoring record when he's only managed bit parts here and there and mainly in trying circumstances. 

A matter of time before he starts scoring especially if given a little more time. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It completely staggers me that people can't see the potential of David. Keep going on about his scoring record wheb he's only managed bit parts here and there and mainly in trying circumstances. 

A matter of time before he starts scoring especially if given a little more time. 

jessica chastain david GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

jessica chastain david GIF by Saturday Night Lived

Sarn autocorrect. 

Sarn should be Darn but for some unknown reason it's defaulting to Sarn rather like Davis becomes David.  AAAAAGGGHHH

• Haha 1

Outside of the goalkeepers and defenders, I think only Grealish, McGinn and probably Samatta are better players than him, he's more consistent than any of our other players and makes a bigger difference to the teams' performances. Extremely underrated because he hasn't been very good at scoring goals but his all round game is very good indeed, in fact I think it's that good that he could play in any of the attacking positions and make a valuable contribution.

• Like 1

I’m just here to like every post that praises Davis.

He has real potential. More Heskey potential than a goal machine but people seem to forget how good Heskey was in his prime and how important he was to some very good teams, including England.

I’m looking forward to when Sir Gary Cahill starts to post that Davis isn’t all that, as that should mean we have another superstar on the books.

7 minutes ago, Elton said:

I’m just here to like every post that praises Davis.

He has real potential. More Heskey potential than a goal machine but people seem to forget how good Heskey was in his prime and how important he was to some very good teams, including England.

I’m looking forward to when Sir Gary Cahill starts to post that Davis isn’t all that, as that should mean we have another superstar on the books.

I often talk about defending......understatement or what?....i'll get my coat.

He is an epitome of defending from the front, such a useful attribute.....he needs to play in a 2 so the other fella can score and him hold the ball up.....a successful duo and a run of games and he will eventually start scoring.

Its his blessed injury record thats depriving us of a potentially valuable player and him of a career.

• Like 1

Â