Keinan Davis

a-k

On 01/03/2020 at 02:10, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think if he is given a run in the team, he will score goals, he has yet to even start a league match. He’s a much better finisher than he is given credit for

he has to prove that....but i suspect it could still happen.

its the run of games, that is crucial.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

My last post was praising him but it probably says just as much about our other players as well, not that they're all so very bad they've all got potential, just that we need more consistency from them.

49 minutes ago, useless said:

Outside of the goalkeepers and defenders, I think only Grealish, McGinn and probably Samatta are better players than him

Massive VT syndrome here.

Between Douglas Luiz, Wesley, Marvellous, El Ghazi and Davis, I would rank Davis last in terms of who best player overall. Which means of our regular midfielders and attackers, I think Davis is only better than Trez.

• Like 1

Some of those are better than Davis at their best, but none of them are anywhere near as consistent as Davis is, Davis puts in a good performance everytime he plays whereas the others are very inconsistent.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Keinan have got a lot of good attributes.

But his finishing look a bit aimless. It's like he closes his eyes every time he get's into a goal scoring opportunity.

He has never been able to secure a confidence building run of games.

His bloody demon injuries have hampered any notion of giving a clear opinion on him.

If he started games he would really help us retain possession, lump the ball up to him and it will stick to him, allowing the rest of the team to get further. Smith needs to find a way to play both him and samatta up front. Arguably a midfield diamond with Jack roaming behind the strikers would the what most suits our personnel. And our wingers aren't anywhere premier league standard. The counter to this formation is that we would be very reliant on our full backs to provide width, and defensively that might be a concern, but we would be harder to break through centrally, which has been a concern all season. 

The fact that he manages to play well when he gets a chance in the odd appearance here the there is all the more to Davis' credit, and suggests that if he had a run in the side he'd do even better and we'd might also see his goals scoring stats improve then as well.

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think Keinan have got a lot of good attributes.

But his finishing look a bit aimless. It's like he closes his eyes every time he get's into a goal scoring opportunity.

I can’t remember the opportunities he missed though? Actually most of them was from his making.

17 hours ago, useless said:

My last post was praising him but it probably says just as much about our other players as well, not that they're all so very bad they've all got potential, just that we need more consistency from them.

It’s more of he offers something different. It’s not just about pure ability or potential. 

Some of those are better than Davis at their best, but none of them are anywhere near as consistent as Davis is, Davis puts in a good performance everytime he plays whereas the others are very inconsistent.

His only consistent performance is injury!

The fact that he manages to play well when he gets a chance in the odd appearance here the there is all the more to Davis' credit, and suggests that if he had a run in the side he'd do even better and we'd might also see his goals scoring stats improve then as well.

Based on your gut? I’m happy to give him a chance but his at the various levels as pointed out in prior pages with back up shows he doesn’t have a good or even acceptable goal ratio.

but I’m happy if he’s upfront with Samatta for a run of games but I’m not expecting anything because history shows that but I want to be surprised.  

Edited by nick76

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Fair point.

Don't think he's ever got a run of games under Smith.

my point was aimed at his injuries.....I think Dean would play him if he could.

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

His only consistent performance is injury!

Well that's not true. He's played consistently well when he does get o on the pitch. 

His injuries are also consistent though, I'll give yoy that. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Well that's not true. He's played consistently well when he does get o on the pitch. 

His injuries are also consistent though, I'll give yoy that. 

I’ll get myself into trouble around multiple comments on this thread from others but he’s been consistently average at best when he’s been on the pitch.  Bit of a ‘Meh’ player to be honest but I want him to prove me wrong but probably needs to go out on loan next season.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ll get myself into trouble around multiple comments on this thread from others but he’s been consistently average at best when he’s been on the pitch.  Bit of a ‘Meh’ player to be honest but I want him to prove me wrong but probably needs to go out on loan next season.

Lol

• Like 1

Â