Keinan Davis

a-k

this season he's had a few cameos where he has held the ball up a well and a few where he hasn't had enough time to do anything, but he's not scored in the league or even got an assist.

I think we are desperate for a player who can bully defences, hold up the ball and just be an outlet for the keeper. As good as Samatta is, he needs support.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

this season he's had a few cameos where he has held the ball up a well and a few where he hasn't had enough time to do anything, but he's not scored in the league or even got an assist.

I think we are desperate for a player who can bully defences, hold up the ball and just be an outlet for the keeper. As good as Samatta is, he needs support.

He’s played 106 minutes in the league this season..

Also, he basically got an assist for Samatta’s goal against Bournemouth but didn’t count as deflected.

• Like 1

This lad isn't our saviour and I wouldn't play him over Samatta, but he can be a bully. He looks fast and strong when he plays and will make space and cause mistakes from the opposition for players around him.

As the old saying goes, you defend from the front.....his hold up play, is excellent and he allows the team to come forward, without too much risk.....if the ball doesn't stick up front you are forever retreating...It does with Keinan,much better.....He is different to Samatta, hence why I would play them both.

Considering he hasn't done much, mainly down to injuries  I think he is a player, I would persevere with until all is lost....which is no time yet, for me.

Personally, I am so frustrated with his injuries, because I think he could be a much better player than we have all seen.

Everyone knows ,I bang on about defending, 'til I am blue in the face.....but when he plays I feel safer, quite paradoxical, considering he is a forward.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

This lad isn't our saviour and I wouldn't play him over Samatta, but he can be a bully. He looks fast and strong when he plays and will make space and cause mistakes from the opposition for players around him.

we don't want saviours.....we want a team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Davis and Samatta up top would be dynamite 

Its what I am looking forward to.....but in the summer we need to bring in some quality in midfield.

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you think Grealish will leave in the Summer?

I have really no Idea, but for me it will be so sad.

so far, we just can't seem to sign enough quality to keep thes players interested.......good players want to play with good players, sure the money helps, but that will be jacks consideration in my eyes.

He has carried us, for so long.....I love the kid and I would love him to give us one more season to build around him, but we have to buy right, to do that.

Yorke, Young and now Jack, its like we are a feeder club......It has to stop at some stage...we have to reverse the trend.

When we built the '81 side, no one wanted to leave, because it was a fine tuned unit, assembled modestly even in those days....and the players knew the capability of the next man.

Jack knows what he is playing with, even though he keeps his own counsel, naturally....but he has to think of himself at some stage, its a relatively short career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

so far, we just can't seem to sign enough quality to keep thes players interested.......good players want to play with good players, sure the money helps, but that will be jacks consideration in my eyes.

He has carried us, for so long.....I love the kid and I would love him to give us one more season to build around him, but we have to buy right, to do that.

Yorke, Young and now Jack, its like we are a feeder club......It has to stop at some stage...we have to reverse the trend.

When we built the '81 side, no one wanted to leave, because it was a fine tuned unit, assembled modestly even in those days....and the players knew the capability of the next man.

Jack knows what he is playing with, even though he keeps his own counsel, naturally....but he has to think of himself at some stage, its a relatively short career.

I agree with you as per, Grealish stayed with us for 3 years in The Championship and showed great loyalty. If he does leave this Summer, he’ll go with my blessing regardless of where he goes. Currently, we’re embroiled in a relegation battle, if we do manage to stay up and it’s a big if, Grealish might feel inclined to stay at Villa, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see as fans 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

To be fair, these two as well as Barry and Milner, when they left it was for a team who was challenging for things. They won multiple titles and not just as players sitting on the bench in those teams so it was justified.

Out of interest, while he is injured often... are the injuries the same recurring one or different ones? 

I would take a hazard guess that a lot of them are muscular. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest, while he is injured often... are the injuries the same recurring one or different ones? 

I would take a hazard guess that a lot of them are muscular. 

This season it’s hamstring injuries. 1st one was worse with a couple of set backs after recommencing training. 2nd was apparently a different area and less serious.

As frustrating as it is, he was available for a lot of the last 2 seasons but was behind Tammy and Kodjia in the pecking order all of last season, so hopefully this season’s injuries are not necessarily a predictor of future issues.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

To be fair, these two as well as Barry and Milner, when they left it was for a team who was challenging for things. They won multiple titles and not just as players sitting on the bench in those teams so it was justified.

Not saying it wasn't justified....just saying for so long, we have allowed it to happen

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Not saying it wasn't justified....just saying for so long, we have allowed it to happen

Yeah we have but there’s also the player’s ambitions. The writing has been on the wall for the last 10 years. No top player in their right mind would have come here due to the way we were being run. It was a stepping stone for players to move on to better things. We are very lucky Jack is Villa through and through because he’d have been off long ago if not.

In this respect we seemed to have turned a corner. It won’t happen overnight but we will start attracting players of a higher calibre with these new owners. They seem to know what they’re doing. And as long as they hang around I see good times ahead even if we happen to lose the relegation battle this season. 

In a world where he stays fit I go 5-3-2 until the end of the season.

None of our defenders can pass it, none of our midfielders actually want it, none of our wingers can wing it. Right back to basics, just shell it. Big man has a great touch, great presence, great all round game.

Nyland

Elmo Engels Mings Hause Targett

Drinkwater Jack McGinn

Sama Keinan

• Like 1

Â