Keinan Davis

a-k

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Nick, we really have to address that poor goals against record.

I don't think there is enough serious debate on here about it, its like its a throw away issue that will correct itself......it will take us down if its not reversed.

I completely agree.  Having no striker at all took peoples attention away from that but hoping now, Samatta to settle that our defensive side from midfield to defence will take a focus by us the fans and the management.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Think we should loan him out next season to a league 1 team. Let him have the full season there and see how he does.

Seems pointless having him in our squad, he's either injured or not good enough to start in his current state of development. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s had a career since he left Villa, not quite good enough for our first team, he was great in the youth team

I don't know, good enough for the championship first team maybe.

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Every aspect of his game is his game is good enough for The Prem apart from his finishing but he can and will improve over time with 

Sorry, i was talking about Bannan.....but i shouldn't have, i know, just responding to an earlier post.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm no doctor either, but the club probably aren't gonna give up on him so long as he's on the books.  If he's still super injury prone, we might cut our losses with him by not giving him another contract but Davis will probably end up joining a lower-league club and try to find success there instead of retiring. Its not that he's permanently unable to play properly after all like Richards and his knee was for example. He's recovering and showing that he can still play when he's healthy, its just he gets a hurt a lot.

Maybe that's it, he needs to find a level where he can compete properly where it maybe he picks up alot less injury time, it seems he's picking up way more injury in the prem, while if he goes to lower leagues he may pick up less because of less stress on the body. I just hope whatever happens he's able to carry on, he does put alot of energy into his play, however I think he's putting more than what he should be and that could be contributing to him obtaining these injuries.

His heart maybe saying carry on the way he is, but maybe it's his mind he needs to listen to because his body isn't having none of it at this level of competitiveness. 

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

We're a better team when he plays. That's been true since he first came through.

Not always, if that were the case then there'd be evidence to suggest when Davis came on as a sub this season that games would of been turned round and won. I think he's ok but truth is we could find better. I think Villa may let I'm go next season if we stay in the premier, we will want the space for a better striker and improve on our existing strikers possibly. Also Wesley will be back and Smith would want Davis spot for Wesley, unless Wesley gets wrote off which I doubt it, I think Wesley will earn the spot above Davis, I think it will be Samatta, Borja and Wesley.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Think we should loan him out next season to a league 1 team. Let him have the full season there and see how he does.

Seems pointless having him in our squad, he's either injured or not good enough to start in his current state of development. 

I suggest the same if he can get a full season at a lower level then I'm afraid that is his level if he picks up no injurys or less. Its better for him to get constant game time and his body allow him to play regular football, ir just maybe that the prem is to harsh on his body thats all.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I suggest the same if he can get a full season at a lower level then I'm afraid that is his level if he picks up no injurys or less. Its better for him to get constant game time and his body allow him to play regular football, ir just maybe that the prem is to harsh on his body thats all.

Yes, a real shame as it appears he cannot get through a full game without pulling a hamstring. It's not bad luck , he seems to have genuine problems staying fit. Best to plan ahead without him I guess.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He was constantly injured through our plight in the championship too though. Not sure training methods are any different down there either, if anything it's probably more unforgiving with the extra games

Keinan is one of my favourite Villa players. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the is something about him that is different to many others we have seen rise through the ranks, but not lived up to the hype.

Personally I think he is a better long term option than Wesley, but currently lacks the game experience. Hopefully he stays fit for more then 2 minutes to fulfil his potential. 

16 hours ago, MaVilla said:

great skill, touch and balance for a big man, and he's like a tank, if only he could stay fit.

He does things in this clip Wesley couldn't dream of doing. 
And before you say it, yeh yeh, he doesn't score much. 

He's 21, give him a chance. Goals will come in time. 

Now, if only he wasn't always injured...

24 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Hardly bashing.

Ermmm

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He does things in this clip Wesley couldn't dream of doing

Which is just not true plus this is a Davis thread but a dig at Wes for no reason.

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is turning into a bit of a Welbeck with all the injuries, hopefully we can find a solution for him going forward

If he turns into a Welbeck he's done pretty well. As is, he's just an injury crisis.

• Like 1

Â