Keinan Davis

a-k

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are being unfair to David here, he has come from non-league. His first touch, awareness and ability to bring others in to play is the best in our squad. If he was a better finisher, he’d be at a better club than us but that’s not to say he is a bad finisher, not by any means 

I'm glad you said David and not Davis as he's none of those. 

"His first touch, awareness and ability to bring others in to play is the best in our squad"  that has to be Grealish surely

"that’s not to say he is a bad finisher" but he is

He may have potential but he has a long way to go to prove it and if he keeps getting injured he's going to fade into nothing.  If he can stay fit he needs to improve his goalscoring to at least be sufficient.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm glad you said David and not Davis as he's none of those. 

"His first touch, awareness and ability to bring others in to play is the best in our squad"  that has to be Grealish surely

"that’s not to say he is a bad finisher" but he is

He may have potential but he has a long way to go to prove it and if he keeps getting injured he's going to fade into nothing.  If he can stay fit he needs to improve his goalscoring to at least be sufficient.

I meant from the centre forwards, I think you are being incredibly harsh towards Davis here . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I meant from the centre forwards, I think you are being incredibly harsh towards Davis here . 

Harsh why?

Injuries, constantly, will kill his career won’t it.  He’s not a finisher based on history at the various levels.  I want him to be a success but he needs to stay fit and he needs to show this potential.  At the moment it’s potential (I’m not convinced), so hopefully this is just a knock and not another period out of action.

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Harsh why?

Injuries, constantly, will kill his career won’t it.  He’s not a finisher based on history at the various levels.  I want him to be a success but he needs to stay fit and he needs to show this potential.  At the moment it’s potential (I’m not convinced), so hopefully this is just a knock and not another period out of action.

He’s still very young and has shown that he can score goals at all levels for us, it feels like he has been around for a long time. He has been injured quite a lot but I think he still has a lot of potential, he has changed games when he has come on as sub this season 

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

has shown that he can score goals at all levels for us

I like him, but this is just silly. Hasn't he scored something like 4 goals in his career? And if I recall correctly, only 2 of them were against opposition as high as the Championship, the others were lower league opposition in  the cup. 

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Harsh why?

He's not a finisher based on a single season where he was 19 years old in the Championship. Some of yall act like he's a journeyman striker who's never scored more than 5 goals everywhere he's went.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He's not a finisher based on a single season where he was 19 years old in the Championship. Some of yall act like he's a journeyman striker who's never scored more than 5 goals everywhere he's went.

Or in Premier League 2, Div 2.  Maybe you are right but where in his (short career) has he scored goals for you guys to be so positive about him being a scorer, all we have are 'Actuals' so far at lower levels, less quality levels and he's 22 next week.  I think I have watched all of his games in the championship and PL to date and the guy has holding up ability, linking ability but he isnt a goalscorer.  The guy needs to keep fit and then show us what he has and hopefully he can exceed what I think his limit is and be a 10 goal of season player whose primary attributes are setting up others and linking the play.  If he's a 3 and 4 goal a season striker with those other abilities, that's not enough in my eyes.  I really hope he succeeds.

51 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s still very young and has shown that he can score goals at all levels for us, it feels like he has been around for a long time. He has been injured quite a lot but I think he still has a lot of potential, he has changed games when he has come on as sub this season 

You can say potential and I'm fine with that.  You cant say he has scored goals at all levels for us at the minimum level that is going to be needed.  Low single digits per season is not enough.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or in Premier League 2, Div 2.  Maybe you are right but where in his (short career) has he scored goals for you guys to be so positive about him being a scorer, all we have are 'Actuals' so far at lower levels, less quality levels and he's 22 next week.  I think I have watched all of his games in the championship and PL to date and the guy has holding up ability, linking ability but he isnt a goalscorer.  The guy needs to keep fit and then show us what he has and hopefully he can exceed what I think his limit is and be a 10 goal of season player whose primary attributes are setting up others and linking the play.  If he's a 3 and 4 goal a season striker with those other abilities, that's not enough in my eyes.  I really hope he succeeds.

I don't know about Keinan's scoring record in Premier league 2 but I would like to question your claim that Keinan wasn't scoring in premier league 2. I can't find any records of the division back when Keinan would've been playing in that league

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He did it stretching to hit a shot that the keeper palmed onto a post. He had a bit of a feel of the back of his thigh and called it a day. Didn't look too bad, but did look like a hamstring. The week off will hopefully cover it.

Sounds like our Keinan alright.

Hope it's nothing serious.

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't know about Keinan's scoring record in Premier league 2 but I would like to question your claim that Keinan wasn't scoring in premier league 2. I can't find any records of the division back when Keinan would've been playing in that league

This might help:

All games at U23 level: 7 goals and 8 assists in 32 appearances.

All games at first team level: 4 goals and 5 assists in 55 appearances.

To give some perspective, Keinan has actually played a similar number of minutes at both levels (U23s: 2356 mins or 26 "whole" matches / First team: 2148 mins or 24 "whole" matches). He also has 2 goals in 3 appearances for England U20s.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/keinan-davis/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/412660 

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

There are a couple of websites so I just picked one, shows his stats and when he was in PL2 Div 2 (second tier of PL2)

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/keinan-davis/434409/

Keinan Davis.JPG

Edited by nick76

Just now, Rolta said:

We're a better team when he plays. That's been true since he first came through.

That’s just OTT, you can argue that with Jack and while Keinan has potential for some people but you can’t argue that.  Just plainly false.

Â