Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
a-k

Keinan Davis

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Knew that was the reason I didn’t get to be a world class footballer, my school gym teacher overplayed me through injury

That’s my story, my excuse and I’m sticking to it 😂😂😜

Your obsession with Davis is weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rolta said:

Your obsession with Davis is weird.

Honestly that was not a dig at Keinan at all, it was a joke about me.  If it came across as a dig at Keinan it was never meant that way.  You know me, I dont hide my feelings about Davis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Honestly that was not a dig at Keinan at all, it was a joke about me.  If it came across as a dig at Keinan it was never meant that way.  You know me, I dont hide my feelings about Davis.

Ha ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns 22 today. One way or another, it's a massive few months for his Villa career coming up. Caused Man City a lot of problems at the Etihad (including getting Fernandinho sent off for fouling him). Would love to have him as an option from the bench at Wembley. Here's hoping his new age brings a new age of better luck for the guy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Any update on his fitness?

Smith said that he was to start training again today. Surely this time he won’t break down again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has to start playing alongside Samatta with Grealish in behind. Get him pinning opposition defenders back. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably our only hope of nicking something in the final or at least keeping it from being a cricket score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2020 at 19:21, Delphinho123 said:

He has to start playing alongside Samatta with Grealish in behind. 

Must....fight...it......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they're unrelated but it seems mad that somebody so strong can be so injury prone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I know they're unrelated but it seems mad that somebody so strong can be so injury prone. 

Just look at Wilder, like bambi on ice cus his coat was to heavy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I know they're unrelated but it seems mad that somebody so strong can be so injury prone. 

I don't think that it's too uncommon for strong people to be injury prone but for him it's especially strange as he seems to have a good core strength and he's not too bulky. Sometimes changes in direction can put extra strain on muscles for "beefed-up" athletes. How for example Adama Traore is not inury prone is really weird. He must be naturally that size - that's a scary thought!

It's something the physio team really need to look at. Give Keinan his own plan or something, a range of exercises to do by himself. Maybe they have already done and he's just unlucky and very injury prone. I don't know what the last few injuries have been. Are they recurring or are they different injuries every time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I know they're unrelated but it seems mad that somebody so strong can be so injury prone. 

Dalian Atkinson? Andre Green?....Wellbeck?, I think there have been are lots in the same boat over the years.

just so frustrating.

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to build up the big muscle groups to look big and strong.

Much more difficult and boring to build up all those small important muscles that help hold the joints together and keeps you from getting injuries.

Build up the big muscles too fast and the smaller ones can't hold the body together and you get injuries.

Physiotherapy doesn't help you look good on Insta, but it helps you avoid injuries.

Also not very good at expanding this train of thought in a good way in English :D . Bottom line a lot of athletes still in this day and age train a bit wrong.

Not saying this specifically applies to Keinan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sne said:

It's easy to build up the big muscle groups to look big and strong.

Much more difficult and boring to build up all those small important muscles that help hold the joints together and keeps you from getting injuries.

Build up the big muscles too fast and the smaller ones can't hold the body together and you get injuries.

Physiotherapy doesn't help you look good on Insta, but it helps you avoid injuries.

Also not very good at expanding this train of thought in a good way in English :D . Bottom line a lot of athletes still in this day and age train a bit wrong.

Not saying this specifically applies to Keinan.

It carries across clearly sne, no worries.

Davis doesn't strike me as someone who is overdeveloped physically and causing himself problems fwiw - I don't think the physio team would allow it tbf. I just think he's injury prone and one of the strongest players I've seen. Even at 18, fully grown and big CBs were bouncing off him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lad deserves a bit of luck with injuries. I hope he's able to provide us with an option to come off the bench on Sunday. A day out at Wembley and our late winner would be the very best of tonics! ;)

Edited by John
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 28/02/2020 at 13:39, John said:

The lad deserves a bit of luck with injuries. I hope he's able to provide us with an option to come off the bench on Sunday. A day out at Wembley and our late winner would be the very best of tonics! ;)

I think its the only way we get anything out of this game, he doesn't score but everthing sticks , id rather get him fit for leicester though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both our wingers are poor. 

I would definitely play him and rely on fullbacks for width. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â