Keinan Davis

a-k

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Knew that was the reason I didn’t get to be a world class footballer, my school gym teacher overplayed me through injury

That’s my story, my excuse and I’m sticking to it 😂😂😜

Your obsession with Davis is weird.

12 hours ago, Rolta said:

Your obsession with Davis is weird.

Honestly that was not a dig at Keinan at all, it was a joke about me.  If it came across as a dig at Keinan it was never meant that way.  You know me, I dont hide my feelings about Davis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Honestly that was not a dig at Keinan at all, it was a joke about me.  If it came across as a dig at Keinan it was never meant that way.  You know me, I dont hide my feelings about Davis.

Ha ok.

Turns 22 today. One way or another, it's a massive few months for his Villa career coming up. Caused Man City a lot of problems at the Etihad (including getting Fernandinho sent off for fouling him). Would love to have him as an option from the bench at Wembley. Here's hoping his new age brings a new age of better luck for the guy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I know they're unrelated but it seems mad that somebody so strong can be so injury prone. 

I don't think that it's too uncommon for strong people to be injury prone but for him it's especially strange as he seems to have a good core strength and he's not too bulky. Sometimes changes in direction can put extra strain on muscles for "beefed-up" athletes. How for example Adama Traore is not inury prone is really weird. He must be naturally that size - that's a scary thought!

It's something the physio team really need to look at. Give Keinan his own plan or something, a range of exercises to do by himself. Maybe they have already done and he's just unlucky and very injury prone. I don't know what the last few injuries have been. Are they recurring or are they different injuries every time?

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I know they're unrelated but it seems mad that somebody so strong can be so injury prone. 

Dalian Atkinson? Andre Green?....Wellbeck?, I think there have been are lots in the same boat over the years.

just so frustrating.

Edited by TRO

It's easy to build up the big muscle groups to look big and strong.

Much more difficult and boring to build up all those small important muscles that help hold the joints together and keeps you from getting injuries.

Build up the big muscles too fast and the smaller ones can't hold the body together and you get injuries.

Physiotherapy doesn't help you look good on Insta, but it helps you avoid injuries.

Also not very good at expanding this train of thought in a good way in English :D . Bottom line a lot of athletes still in this day and age train a bit wrong.

Not saying this specifically applies to Keinan.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

It's easy to build up the big muscle groups to look big and strong.

Much more difficult and boring to build up all those small important muscles that help hold the joints together and keeps you from getting injuries.

Build up the big muscles too fast and the smaller ones can't hold the body together and you get injuries.

Physiotherapy doesn't help you look good on Insta, but it helps you avoid injuries.

Also not very good at expanding this train of thought in a good way in English :D . Bottom line a lot of athletes still in this day and age train a bit wrong.

Not saying this specifically applies to Keinan.

It carries across clearly sne, no worries.

Davis doesn't strike me as someone who is overdeveloped physically and causing himself problems fwiw - I don't think the physio team would allow it tbf. I just think he's injury prone and one of the strongest players I've seen. Even at 18, fully grown and big CBs were bouncing off him. 

• Like 2

The lad deserves a bit of luck with injuries. I hope he's able to provide us with an option to come off the bench on Sunday. A day out at Wembley and our late winner would be the very best of tonics! ;)

Edited by John
  • Like 4

On 28/02/2020 at 13:39, John said:

The lad deserves a bit of luck with injuries. I hope he's able to provide us with an option to come off the bench on Sunday. A day out at Wembley and our late winner would be the very best of tonics! ;)

I think its the only way we get anything out of this game, he doesn't score but everthing sticks , id rather get him fit for leicester though

• Like 1

Â