Eric Black

villan-scott

He'll be as glad to be relieved of the burden as we are to take it from him. Not a manager, no desire to be a manager, no ability as a manager. A good coach apparently, I bet he can't wait to get back to that.

• Like 1

I just listened to his post match interview on the radio. He said his job was to try to get a reaction from the players and he believes he has gotten one and they have given their all.

My first thought was that he has gotten f all out of them and that he is deluded but then you look at what Sherwood got from them, what Garde got from them and the conclusion may well be that this just an absolutely dire group of players who may well at times be doing their best. 

Bottom line is though that I expected nothing from Black and didn't expect to see any improvement. He lived up to those expectations.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He'll be as glad to be relieved of the burden as we are to take it from him. Not a manager, no desire to be a manager, no ability as a manager. A good coach apparently, I bet he can't wait to get back to that.

A 'good coach' but relegated a number of times, left a club bound for relegation to join us, we fail to win a game during his time with us and his former club bounces with a remarkable turnaround to stay up. A 'good coach' who has hasn't managed to win one trophy with the numerous teams he's been with over a number of years. A 'good coach'? Nah.

Looking at his former clubs is like reading a list of car crashes. Coventry in 04, Birmingham's relegation, assistant to Steve Kean at Blackburn, assistant to Barry Ferguson at Blackpool.

Everywhere he goes the club is in a complete mess.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Bottom line is though that I expected nothing from Black and didn't expect to see any improvement. He lived up to those expectations.

He's exceeded them.

25 minutes ago, Farlz said:

At least he'll never manage this club again

Whilst Empty-head still owns us, Be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Kingman

There's nothing to suggest he's anything more than a poor coach, who was way in over his head.A symptom of the parasitic 'jobs for the boys' that affects the crap Premier League and Championship clubs. The bloke has absolutely no place having a job of this stature. Even as a coach, Villa is too big a club for him.

It doesn't help that he's an unlikable word removed.

I actually didn't realise he joined us from **** Rotherham. We needed a coach, Aston **** Villa, still Premier League Aston Villa, and we take a journeyman coach from a team fighting relegation the next league down, then put him in charge after sacking the manager. Says it all.

The commentators on the radio at the start of the manager second half were commenting that we had grown in confidence,  Arsenal players looked nervous and edgy and the crowd were on the turn and felt very much that we needed to bring on some attacking players to take it to them.  What does Black do?  Sweet FA. part of being a manager is to read the game and react accordingly.  Black seems unable to help himself or his team. Like his tactics (which are totally flawed anyway)  are set before the game and no variation can be allowed to interfere with it. Baffling really 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The commentators on the radio at the start of the manager second half were commenting that we had grown in confidence,  Arsenal players looked nervous and edgy and the crowd were on the turn and felt very much that we needed to bring on some attacking players to take it to them.  What does Black do?  Sweet FA. part of being a manager is to read the game and react accordingly.  Black seems unable to help himself or his team. Like his tactics (which are totally flawed anyway)  are set before the game and no variation can be allowed to interfere with it. Baffling really 

totally agree -

Even to the extent that with the loss of Clark for this match, Black continued with the 5 at the back which included Bacuna at CB?!?!?

Why not stick with four at the back and pack the midfield - even have Sanchez permanently rooted 10 feet in front of the back four?

He certainly doesn't have a Plan B and I have serious doubts about a Plan A too.

With the starting XI picked today he could've lined up as

.....................Bunn

Bacuna.Lescott.Toner.Cissokho

................Sanchez

...Lyden.......Gana.....Westwood

.......Sinclair............Ayew

(still would've got beaten but maybe the 'attack' would've gotten more support)

Edited by theboyangel

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Based on his tactics and team selections it's hard to believe he's a good coach. 

He's just another failed 'experiment' at Aston Villa.

Â