Eric Black

villan-scott

him speaking French is one of main reasons he still finds favour in employment. not sure he a great coach but Southampton have a very shrewd operation these days so you never know

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't worry, Black will be tapping up SInclair, Bacuna and Lescott.

Was about to say this + Richards + Guzan…

Come on ladies, Get your plums!.. Five for a £1 :crylaugh:

It's probably unfair to judge Black based on his time as our caretaker-manager, I don't think anybody would have done much better at that stage. I don't think him being at Southampton is any guarantee at all that they're going to have a poor season.

But I see a club like Southampton who are doing relatively well in the Premier lately, appointing someone like Black as their assistant, it makes realise that as a championship club we're lucky to be able to someone like Clarke, to come in as our assistant.

• Like 1

Wow. I am astonished. Poor poor Southampton. I guess they just have to hope he has no actual say in anything important. At all.

And there I was thinking they were a smart club that always made shrewd appointments.

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can only assume Puel dosen't speak English?

he did an interview yesterday speaks very good English, was better English than many Scottish managers we have had recently

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

he did an interview yesterday speaks very good English, was better English than many Scottish managers we have had recently

Surprising one then as I thought Puel might've spoke broken English at best and so they got Black in to translate the tactics during pre season.

Maybe Remi recommended him to Puel?!

To be fair, we haven't got a **** clue what he does day to day. He was a shit interim manager, but manager isn't his job. Failing at being a manager doesn't been he isn't a good assistant.

Â