Eric Black

villan-scott

I would imagine he's just got in to work about now. He'll make a coffee (weak coffee, cold water, then remember the mug only once it all pours off the worktop), sit down and be utterly baffled by not being able to work out who we are playing next week.

Then he'll change the date at the top of the team sheet and fax it (oh yes, fax) over to Randy. He'll hope Randy doesn't notice straight away that he hasn't written down the name of the opposing team. He'll hope he's bought himself 10 or 15  minutes to get back out, buy a paper, and see from there who we are playing next.

Then he'll have another go at that tricky coffee, water, mug combo thing he's been working on.

If no opposition team turns up next week, play 5 at the back and bang us down for a nil nil draw on the coupon. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Looking forward to seeing this man attempt to get us out of the Championship next season. :D

He'll get us out the back door.

As in relegated again :wacko:

Surely he must be up there as one of the worst men in charge we've ever had. Struggling to think of anyone worse in terms of results, approach and attitude...

17 minutes ago, Duck said:

Surely he must be up there as one of the worst men in charge we've ever had. Struggling to think of anyone worse in terms of results, approach and attitude...

Almost certainly he is right up there. I am not sure if we have ever had a manager though come into a team that after 31 games had 16 points and had lost its previous six games shipping 18 goals and scoring 2.

He has done a shit job but he isn't a manager so no surprise there. The two guys who do fancy themselves as managers got nothing out of this squad of players either so expecting anything from Black was wishful thinking. I expected f all from him and in the end he just carried on the form of his predecessor.

• Like 1

Motherwell Scotland 16 October 2001 24 April 2002 27 7 4 16   25.93
Coventry City England 11 December 2003 3 May 2004 26  12   4    10   46.15
Birmingham City (caretaker) England 19 November 2007 28 November 2007 1 0 0 1 0.00
Sunderland (caretaker) England 1 December 2011 4 December 2011 1 0 0 1 0.00
Blackburn Rovers (caretaker) England 28 September 2012 31 October 2012 6 2 3 1 33.33
Rotherham United (caretaker) England 1 October 2015 9 October 2015 1 0 0 1 0.00
Aston Villa (caretaker) England 29 March 2016 Present 7 0 1 6

12 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Black was not interested in the fans, the young guys or anything to do with the club. What he wanted was not to have big losses on his CV. He was really only interested in Eric Black. 

I think your actually bang on here.

12 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Black was not interested in the fans, the young guys or anything to do with the club. What he wanted was not to have big losses on his CV. He was really only interested in Eric Black. 

We'll just add that to the list of the things he utterly failed at.

So Eric Black reckons we could could come straight back up, due to the stature of the club.....according to the BM

Those are the sort of comments that got us relegated.....relying on Stature.

The stature of the club, the size of the fan base, the history, the past successes, the "gin palace " of a training ground ,the stadium,counts for very little.

What would have saved us and the same values will get us promoted is.....Hard work, player dedication, fighting spirit, a quality on the pitch, togetherness, desire, determination and so on.

Thats the way forward

The stature of the club, will do nothing for us.

I am really surprised he said that.....it fills me with depression.

• Like 1

On 16 May 2016 at 12:08, PussEKatt said:

On the "Aston Villa news" website Black says that he thinks the players have responded very well since he has been in charge ?!

How deluded can you possibly be.

meaning Eric Black

Edited by TRO

Â