Eric Black

villan-scott

Incoming as Gardes assistant. 

Comes with a wealth of experience, seemingly hand picked by Garde. 

Let's see what he brings to the table. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12117894/Remi-Garde-appoints-Eric-Black-as-his-new-assistant-manager-at-Aston-Villa.html

Re‎mi Garde has moved to appoint Rotherham coach Eric Black as his new assistant manager at Aston Villa. 

Black, the former Motherwell and Coventry manager, is expected to join up with the Premier League's bottom club next week after being headhunted by Garde. 

The 52-year-old has established an impressive reputation as a coach, working under Steve Bruce and Gary McAllister, and will boost Garde's backroom team at Villa Park.

Something tells me this thread won't be met with the same excitement as the last Assistant Manager appointment. I hope that this one has a happier ending.

Welcome Eric.  

He actually speaks French, played there for a bit so might have ran into Garde back then perhaps.

Has quite a good CV as an assistant (whisper it quietly but was at SHA for a bit). Was also unlucky to get sacked as Coventry manager.

That was all a while ago though, not sure what he's been up to recently. Still welcome regardless.

Welcome. Hope you're more successful than the last few.

Is this what Alan Nixon was talking about or is there something else?

Yes this is what Nixon was talking about, what a crock of shit!

We were all hoping for a player to be announced and we get this bollox!

It's the worst January Transfer Window ever

4 minutes ago, Dorset77Villa said:

So you're getting het up because some journo lead you on? 

That's hardly the clubs fault, it certainly isn't Eric Black's. So is it cool to stick to the topic do you think? 

Interesting, he's a solid coach with a long reputation for good coaching, Bruce's assistant at Birmingham and at Blackburn.

I'm wondering where Remi will have come across him. Wenger will know him, but I'm not sure he's worked with any Wenger proteges - not sure if he's worked with Houllier and I'm not sure who he may have met at Metz.

He's a very good coach - I wonder how much he's Remi's choice, but he's not a bad choice.

So you're getting het up because some journo lead you on? 

That's hardly the clubs fault, it certainly isn't Eric Black's. So is it cool to stick to the topic do you think? 

I'm sorry if I've offended you and have taken the topic slightly off course but unfortunately it doesn't change my opinion.

So what we have a new assistant manager is it going to save our season? Hell No

Feelings are highly charged at the minute as we watch AVFC falling out of the top flight with a board that don't seem to actually give a shit.

And to top it off Lerner's 18 year old boy is getting a position on the board, doesn't look like he's off so we will probably end up in Div 1

Â